How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

Posted (edited)

Just a quick pic from this morning. It really caught my mood: "Why is it that we (or maybe just me) end of discovering new features only when we use something? Am I missing reading a new feature document in the Firestorm PBR Beta??? I wouldn't have even thought there was a new "HDR Scale" setting in personal lighting!!! What other new settings do I not know about??? Effing Hell, LOL!!!" 

Sandor HDR.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 13

Posted (edited)

My friend (acquaintance) Vita, and her collaborator, Bella, asked me to exhibit in their art show. It's a war themed exhibit, so I'm not sure why they want me to exhibit a couple of mine, but I certainly am happy to help out. I told them to contact @Scylla Rhiadra as well, since it seems social justice is a part of what they are looking for. Here, I was showing them some of my images in our Island gallery.

Art Show Vita and Bella Sandor.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I recognize (and think I have) that house from Scarlet Creative.  You have set it perfectly in your environment and it looks so inviting!

Thank you very much! I love Scarlet Creative's homes; they are just so beautifully done, and I wanted to better fit the theme of where I'm living so the boat/cabin house was perfect.

Only one issue.... I just wish I didn't have to crouch to open my front door! 😂

Snapshotdrfgertetwq_040.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Shiera Kealoha said:

Thank you very much! I love Scarlet Creative's homes; they are just so beautifully done, and I wanted to better fit the theme of where I'm living so the boat/cabin house was perfect.

LOL, the crouch is sexy!!!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

My friend (acquaintance) Vita, and her collaborator, Bella, asked me to exhibit in their art show. It's a war themed exhibit, so I'm not sure why they want me to exhibit a couple of mine, but I certainly am happy to help out. I told them to contact @Scylla Rhiadra as well, since it seems social justice is a part of what they are looking for. Here, I was showing them some of my images in our Island gallery.

Art Show Vita and Bella Sandor.png

Thanks, Sandor! I've received an offline message from them. I am 90% I've actually already heard something about this -- maybe from another organizer? I'll give it some thought, although it's about "bravery" (as I recall, it talks about things like "fighting for one's country" and such) and anything I contributed would have to be a serious revision of what that usually means! But I appreciate you thinking of me!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thanks, Sandor! I've received an offline message from them. I am 90% I've actually already heard something about this -- maybe from another organizer? I'll give it some thought, although it's about "bravery" (as I recall, it talks about things like "fighting for one's country" and such) and anything I contributed would have to be a serious revision of what that usually means! But I appreciate you thinking of me!

I honestly don't know much about it. They mentioned things such as abuse, so I thought it might be imagery you have portrayed. If i find it's something negative, I won't be a part of it either.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I honestly don't know much about it. They mentioned things such as abuse, so I thought it might be imagery you have portrayed. If i find it's something negative, I won't be a part of it either.

Oh, I didn't mean to suggest it's negative. Just that I'm not sure it's a good fit for me.

I'll give it some thought though!

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I can't take credit for this shot. My "partner of the evening" took it. I just edited it and added some PS filters....Now I might have to put another keyboard in the dishwasher again...

Lady and sandor cropped further for G.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

I can't take credit for this shot. My "partner of the evening" took it. I just edited it and added some PS filters....Now I might have to put another keyboard in the dishwasher again...

Lady and sandor cropped further for G.png

I wish her eyes were closed; it would have added to how passionate the shot is. Regardless, great job on the effects! 😊

Edited by Shiera Kealoha
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I really love interior and exterior design. It's very relaxing and fun for me to figure out how to fill up every nook and cranny of a space (RIP to the shelves and chair not loading in the back of the second pic) ~ 

Snapshotdrfgertetwq_042.png

Snapshotdrfgertetwq_043.png

Snapshotdrfgertetwq_044.png

Snapshotdrfgertetwq_048.png

Edited by Shiera Kealoha
  • Like 14

Meanwhile, I continue to work on converting my second piece of land from a park to a canal city. A lot of work, but a lot of fun. I am now working on the town hall from the Amsterdam traditional series by Steam & Mechanics Inc. In fact, this house - that you can buy on MP and also can be seen in Rottendam on SL - is not based on the real Amsterdam city hall, but on the mayor's residence, "Het huis met de kolommen" (the house with the columns). Loosely based then 🙂.

You as passionate SL residents might recognise that: going wild like a real nerd on all kinds of variations of wallpaper, ceiling decoration, curtains, etc. And then I also want every room's wallpaper motif to be tulips. I will also hang portraits of Amsterdam's mayors through the ages, as well as the current one. So I'm still very busy with Canal city as you can see!

Snapshot_20812085503_006_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085494_006_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085494_006_01 (2)_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085496_001_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085500_003_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085501_011_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085501_012_klein.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 16

On 3/1/2024 at 12:56 PM, Shiera Kealoha said:

Oh lol.  I generally keep handles low for realistic avatars but that does look quite low indeed!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

This afternoon, I attended an event, "Feed a Smile," for the German charitable organization Live and Learn in Kenya (Leben und Lernen in Kenia): an art show opening with live music. They're accepting donations for the NGO: L$100 buys a Kenyan child one meal (and according to their web site, which includes a link to the Second Life "chapter," 100% of donations go directly to the children).

The donation board is up 24/7 at the SLURL below, if you'd like to contribute, and they will be holding many events like this for as long as they can.

Definitely worthwhile.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Feed A Smile/55/38/22

ETA: Forgot to mention that they're looking for volunteers to help host evening charity events once or twic a month.

Feed-a-Smile-1-Blank.thumb.png.597eeb44914a6faec6d0ebc0845e0f9a.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Meanwhile, I continue to work on converting my second piece of land from a park to a canal city. A lot of work, but a lot of fun. I am now working on the town hall from the Amsterdam traditional series by Steam & Mechanics Inc. In fact, this house - that you can buy on MP and also can be seen in Rottendam on SL - is not based on the real Amsterdam city hall, but on the mayor's residence, "Het huis met de kolommen" (the house with the columns). Loosely based then 🙂.

You as passionate SL residents might recognise that: going wild like a real nerd on all kinds of variations of wallpaper, ceiling decoration, curtains, etc. And then I also want every room's wallpaper motif to be tulips. I will also hang portraits of Amsterdam's mayors through the ages, as well as the current one. So I'm still very busy with Canal city as you can see!

Snapshot_20812085494_006_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085494_006_01 (2)_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085496_001_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085500_003_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085501_011_klein.png

Snapshot_20812085501_012_klein.png

The RL residential house of the mayor of Amsterdam (front and back garden). And the townhall at my SL land. I picked a few elements of the RL backgarden of the house: the lawn, the conifers and the sun dial and placed them to the front garden.

Amsterdam_-_Herengracht_502.JPG

Burgemeestershuis_tuin.JPG

• Like 12

I pulled into myself and had a much needed full-introvert day.  This can only be done on an alt, so I have been building up their inventories for various projects like landscaping or decorating for months.  (Thank goodness for weekend sales)

Today I landscaped and had a "Cora" kind of day with no IMs, nothing demanding my time, no socializing at all. 

I like this boat, but it doesn't move - decoration and resting animations only.  I built the waterfall from bits and pieces and love how it turned out.  Trees, bushes, grasses, a bridge.  I got past my frustration with the plants glitching with the water.  Next, some animals and some sounds, but that can wait for another day.

image.thumb.jpeg.fa03a8494caab550e9eb767ba254c741.jpeg

• Like 15

I'm still getting a lot of use out of this hoverbike.

Snapshot_835.thumb.jpg.8a401a9ad81880534faa4948bea2fb6c.jpg

I think it has been a couple of hours now, or more just riding around and exploring while passively watching TV.  I even came across a staff member of Chelsea, but they were a cloud and I think AFK

Snapshot_839.thumb.jpg.a112be47751ead7eacbd1eed9631f93f.jpg

I liked their truck though 🙃

Snapshot_840.thumb.jpg.c4ed1e84b8f443faf20b39a9023c91ea.jpg

I plan on making my way back to my Bellisseria home, I think this may take another hour or two, especially if I keep popping out of SL to check on the forums 🤣

longwaystogo.thumb.jpg.4c2da7827a7829a29feb0a0ce8c565ad.jpg

😕 This is gonna take a while... Hey, I have some cheese, crackers, and a bit of spiced rum to help me along my way! 😛🥂

• Like 13