How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

11 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

So I finally decided to set up shop again in world.
I bought myself a nice building from @Cain Maven and now it is time to make all the signs and posters, come up with a vendor design and then fill them with content.
I've put out a coming soon sign, but it could get a bit later easily. :D

IgqxENO.jpeg

Congratulations!

Also, nice outfit, and good luck!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2024 at 11:52 AM, Katherine Heartsong said:

My booth open at the SL Living Expo! My calico cat sleeping in the corner, and there are free treats and espresso. The treats are not the ones shown, but actually dispensing ones and better than just the muffin and danish trays, thanks to @Rowan Amore pointing me to an amazing store for that sort of thing.

SLLivingExpo-small2.thumb.jpg.a3c68dbbe45fa6d7cfb1378ac7185651.jpg

SLLivingExpo-small1.thumb.jpg.d7759659f4684ff6ae1c73469370675d.jpg

My Kat wanted to play with yours but yours would not wake up!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

who was the creator of that beast?  Every beachfront property needs one!  🤣 🤣 🤣

I looked that up myself and could not find one for sale but the creator owns the "Wishing Well Fountains" store. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, SodaGnome said:

I looked that up myself and could not find one for sale but the creator owns the "Wishing Well Fountains" store. 

That designer sells a LOT of amazing things so I will look again later when I finish my boring computer work.  I did see (in the MP) a big, scary undersea monster and a winged lion that can be a companion or an avatar!   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

So I finally decided to set up shop again in world.
I bought myself a nice building from @Cain Maven and now it is time to make all the signs and posters, come up with a vendor design and then fill them with content.

Looking good, sir :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

snapthingy_001.thumb.png.63f6a39161618dd34f99fa334a255c02.png

Dropping by Fort Nowhere, home of Dracula's Castle. Place is lookin' spiffy~!

^-^

snapthingy_002.thumb.png.207a36c7d7d2ad3ac85cf8e90e0f1f46.png

The owner is super cool, and makes awesome things, like this dinosaur. One of my inspirational people in SL, and proud to be on his friendslist.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 10

snapthingy_003.thumb.png.dc0987e338365734594e13d3b68ae2af.png

I like that working with a hill, I can scale my trees down a little as I work my way up, and it still looks decent, and I get even lower LI.

Perspectivewise from the ground, they can be shorter and still "loom" a bit, because the surrounding trees on the slopes match their heights, instead of falling away and making them all naked.

From the ground they all kind of blend together.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 9

Got banned from the region where i was renting. No explanation. 🤨  Even i asked. 😆

Ok! 🤪   I guess this is ok considering the brain  🧠 🔨 damage going around... 🙃

original_65c6007ff245c10acd157382.png

• Sad 11

[Boring background first: I have a 4096 house, 2048 PP for my gallery, and male alt has 2048 (that held the cafe next to my gallery) via P account + 1024 paid. I added 4096 to mine weeks ago in case I ever wanted to expand if I could find just the perfect spot. Anyway, Lady Luck on my side.

So I say I dislike moving and then I go do this ...

I find six parcels in Pruetti for sale, one set of three north-south oriented along Linden canal and open to perfect sailing and backing onto one of the biggest art spots in SL. Lady Luck. Coincidentally they were a 4096/4096/2048. Expensive(ish). Only reason I found the land was next door/adjacent is Peninsula Art College on a full sim and was visiting that. Hummed and hawed and thought I'd bargain a bit on price (worked) and could sell my existing land for a fair price to recoup some of it. Took the plunge and sank more than I usually do and bought all three and then started the move.

Gallery all moved but have to wait to sell old 2048 gallery land since all the LMs at my SL Expo point to the old gallery. That's fine, it gives me time to get in world purchases working. Cafe all moved and male alt put that 2048 for sale and it went in hours. House all moved, old house 4096 sold, also in less than a day. (Either I'm pricing my nice water lots way too low or just right.)

Now I had about 2800 sq m left at the south tip, again adjoining Peninsula. So I built this ...

KatsJazz_sm-1.thumb.jpg.c4d85186128b424cdb7cea90370f84ef.jpg

KatsJazz_sm-2.thumb.jpg.a92a4aaa8ef4f3da8c4ee82ab00e9690.jpg

Kat's Jazz is on the sothwest SW corner of a fully urbanized 40x57m NYC cityscape, featuring the marvelous buildings that Schultz Bros put out. Still need to do a few bits of decorating but all good, and will be visitable soon.

Why I do this to myself ... sigh. :)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 15

On 2/9/2024 at 5:44 AM, 2Tessa said:

Got banned from the region where i was renting. No explanation. 🤨  Even i asked. 😆

Ok! 🤪   I guess this is ok considering the brain  🧠 🔨 damage going around... 🙃

original_65c6007ff245c10acd157382.png

I'm sorry this happened, I really enjoyed the pictures you shared with us, and all of the work you put into it.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1