How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

On 1/29/2024 at 2:06 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

I have yet to figure out the fascination with mirrors. They are an interesting new tech in SL... but in a world where my makeup and hair remain perfect, what's the point?

I've sat in a virtual cafe, surfing the MP on a laptop made of prims. Why do we do anything in SL? Because it's fun, silly, ironic, or just because we can.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 1/29/2024 at 3:06 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

I have yet to figure out the fascination with mirrors. They are an interesting new tech in SL... but in a world where my makeup and hair remain perfect, what's the point?

Mirrors are fascinating, have you ever just stared at your reflection without shifting your eyes.  If you stare yourself in the eyes long enough, things start to get funky, distortions start to occur, you will see someone else staring back at you which is unrecognizable.  For me, they are just trippy, they distort reality, and in a world that is already distorted, contained in another world distorted, a reflection that is an additional distortion is just really symbolic, it induces a sense of being lost.

I like feeling lost in virtual worlds, and in a way mirrors capture that feeling.  Another world, within the virtual world, and all of that craziness.  They really do not do anything functional, they just add an element that is entirely pointless but fun.

Aaaaand.. this is what happens when one has too much time on their hands 🤣  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Mirrors are fascinating, have you ever just stared at your reflection without shifting your eyes.  If you stare yourself in the eyes long enough, things start to get funky, distortions start to occur, you will see someone else staring back at you which is unrecognizable.  For me, they are just trippy, they distort reality, and in a world that is already distorted, contained in another world distorted, a reflection that is an additional distortion is just really symbolic, it induces a sense of being lost.

A catoptromancer, eh?

montypython-witch.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I like feeling lost in virtual worlds, and in a way mirrors capture that feeling.  Another world, within the virtual world, and all of that craziness.  They really do not do anything functional, they just add an element that is entirely pointless but fun.

Aaaaand.. this is what happens when one has too much time on their hands 🤣

lol I'm glad you do such interesting things with your time!   :)

I love the uncanny valley too..

For me, these types of things remind me that even what is called our reality isn't what it seems -- we actually are lost within our set perceptions of so-called reality.

• Like 4

I invited @Bagnu to a place I knew he would never choose to go on his own. (yes, I chose it on purpose to shock his system 😈) I laughed hard enough to have to wipe a few tears away.

He seems to having a good time on this ride!

image.thumb.png.07512d43d7074a9c9bf3a99036463672.png

Turning down to eye-blinding brightness and chatting over hot chocolate.  Zero calories, of course.

image.thumb.jpeg.0e92499e7c3bdce42c1c684e63e6c556.jpeg

We did play the game.  I won.  Na nee na nee na na 😜!  I received my crown and sat on my throne.  My first edict as Queen, "You, Sandor, must spend more time in G-rated areas."

image.thumb.jpeg.82100e480114d7c3001323a5951335e2.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

My Bat Boat can't swim underwater.  So naturally, I use a car instead.

LotusSubmarine.thumb.png.94189711e920539443c9456368ca71c6.png

😎

LOL, are you with James Bond?

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I invited @Bagnu to a place I knew he would never choose to go on his own. (yes, I chose it on purpose to shock his system 😈) I laughed hard enough to have to wipe a few tears away.

Turning down to eye-blinding brightness and chatting over hot chocolate.  Zero calories, of course.

We did play the game.  I won.  Na nee na nee na na 😜!  I received my crown and sat on my throne.  My first edict as Queen, "You, Sandor, must spend more time in G-rated areas."

Great Pics!!! I took a lot that were like yours, so I figured I would post some that aren't. This is right before we went.

image.thumb.jpeg.2856f7e735d04750ead48d3497c114fb.jpeg

This is when we were there.

image.thumb.jpeg.7da01a37abffead813f4f0080be1e1ce.jpeg

This is when Cinny won the game!!!

image.jpeg

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 8

My booth open at the SL Living Expo! My calico cat sleeping in the corner, and there are free treats and espresso. The treats are not the ones shown, but actually dispensing ones and better than just the muffin and danish trays, thanks to @Rowan Amore pointing me to an amazing store for that sort of thing.

SLLivingExpo-small2.thumb.jpg.a3c68dbbe45fa6d7cfb1378ac7185651.jpg

SLLivingExpo-small1.thumb.jpg.d7759659f4684ff6ae1c73469370675d.jpg

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 15

52 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

My booth open at the SL Living Expo! My calico cat sleeping in the corner, and there are free treats and espresso. The treats are not the ones shown, but actually dispensing ones and better than just the muffin and danish trays, thanks to @Rowan Amore pointing me to an amazing store for that sort of thing.

SLLivingExpo-small2.thumb.jpg.a3c68dbbe45fa6d7cfb1378ac7185651.jpg

SLLivingExpo-small1.thumb.jpg.d7759659f4684ff6ae1c73469370675d.jpg

SLURL please!

Never mind, found it!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Villaggio Verde/78/183/23

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The fruits of a visit to @Katherine Heartsong's booth at the SL Living Expo! This is in front of the picture -- of which I am now a proud owner -- for which Katherine's is donating all her proceeds.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Villaggio Verde/78/183/23

Maddy was supposed to be in this pic, but SL was being a pig, and by the time I was ready to take the shot, she had to poof.

Whatever -- most pics look better without Maddy in them anyway.

(But don't tell her I said that!)

Katherines-Kiosk-1-Blank.thumb.png.a7bea90a9ee015ef5bec1560d5751ab2.png

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Next we'll get him over to Hello Kitty Waterpark, right?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Dancing with @Cinnamon Mistwoodin our system AV's. LOL. We thought we looked cute!!!

Dancing with Cinnamon in system AV's.png

That's the same system lady avi I made my little goth girl avatar out of when I was new. It was actually pretty good at the time, nobody knew I was using a system avatar once I had accessorized and all.

Nostalgia, wow.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1