How Does Your SL Look Today?

On 4/21/2023 at 10:34 PM, Lysistrata Szapira said:

So I became a cat and sat on my dining room table. That's what cats do right? 

Thanks to those who recommended TWI's Wildcat avatar.  It's awesome. 

slcat_001.png

ooh awesome 

• Like 5

Bill fixed the dock at the art gallery and put in stairs to the third floor in the atelier. He wants me to buy sailboats to dock in front so I need to put away my angel outfit for awhile and go boat shopping. That'll be fun. I was thinking of a sailboat rezzer for gallery guests and a Loonetta to sail the Blake. Does anyone know any good sailboats?

My fave article on SL sailing -  https://sailinginsl.wordpress.com/buying-a-boat-in-sl/

Nautilus 008

Edited by cirleen
  • Like 9

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's a very cool looking build, actually. Where is it from?

It's not, except in a modern fantasy sense, a "dungeon" though (and the actual existence of "dungeons" in the modern conception of that term in castles of the Middle Ages is pretty doubtful anyway): the groin vaulting suggests that it is, in form, more like an undercroft -- an area on the bottom floor or just beneath ground level in a building, most usually used for storage and sometimes even with shops.

I get, however, that that's pedantry: this is fantasy and all, and if this is what we think dungeons look like, then that's fine. But I'm actually seriously at least semi-interested in the build as a (non-dungeon) backdrop. Who made it?

It really DOES look cool. My pics aren't deceiving. It's too small when you unpack it though, so you have to go through the crazy modding I did, and link it all first. That's also the only way of positioning it. It's not hard once you know what to make phantom and what not to. I'll tell you if you want to do that, so you don't waste several hours. Or you can visit our Island and check through it. It's made by  ~*Sweet Revolutions*~ and it's the ~*SR*~ Silvan Secret Dungeon Box. Now as to where it is in our SIM, that's a secret. People have to find it.  It's easily accessible though. No TP pad. But there's a trick to getting in (unless you just want to cam in, of course).

We aren't trying to be historically accurate with it. It's accurate to what it is: a BDSM dungeon with horror added. I'm reminded of H.P. Lovecraft's "The Rats in the Walls". So yes, it's pure fantasy.

We aren't finished with everything, so if anyone DOES come, please don't mind the mess. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

It really DOES look cool. My pics aren't deceiving. It's too small when you unpack it though, so you have to go through the crazy modding I did, and link it all first. That's also the only way of positioning it. It's not hard once you know what to make phantom and what not to. I'll tell you if you want to do that, so you don't waste several hours. Or you can visit our Island and check through it. It's made by  ~*Sweet Revolutions*~ and it's the ~*SR*~ Silvan Secret Dungeon Box. Now as to where it is in our SIM, that's a secret. People have to find it.  It's easily accessible though. No TP pad. But there's a trick to getting in (unless you just want to cam in, of course).

We aren't trying to be historically accurate with it. It's accurate to what it is: a BDSM dungeon with horror added. I'm reminded of H.P. Lovecraft's "The Rats in the Walls". So yes, it's pure fantasy.

We aren't finished with everything, so if anyone DOES come, please don't mind the mess. 

Thanks, Sandor! I'm in no rush to buy something like this -- I don't RP, BDSM, or do "medieval" pics (yet), but it's intriguing enough for me to check it out at some point, and maybe some of their other offerings (including chapels and churches that include . . . secret dungeons! LOL).

And yeah, I get that you're not trying to be "historically accurate." And even if you were, meh, whatevs, right? It's SL, not a virtual recreation for the Louvre.

Thanks again!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thanks, Sandor! I'm in no rush to buy something like this -- I don't RP, BDSM, or do "medieval" pics (yet), but it's intriguing enough for me to check it out at some point, and maybe some of their other offerings (including chapels and churches that include . . . secret dungeons! LOL).

And yeah, I get that you're not trying to be "historically accurate." And even if you were, meh, whatevs, right? It's SL, not a virtual recreation for the Louvre.

Thanks again!

Happy to help!!!

• Like 4

Cat and I saying some quick goodbyes, before she has to be away from SL for a couple of days. In our own personal "Garden of Eden" we've been building for ourselves.  We didn't have anything with us we could kiss and hug with, but we had our words, and our love. Those are more important than any animation.

Pic taken just now.

Cat and I before she left for flight.png

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm still trying to get better at taking spontaneous shots, something I don't have much practice at.

And I continue to be surprised by the relatively high quality of pic I can get just using the LL viewer.

Dancing at The Mercury Room tonight.

Skal-and-I-Mercury-2023-04-24.thumb.png.f8bf045ce6936d9abf61bd519dfd93a2.png

I practically only use the LL viewer and I really like the images that can be obtained with it, your photos are incredible, and for me it is not possible to know how it was done, or the level of editing that was done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Nando Yip said:

I practically only use the LL viewer and I really like the images that can be obtained with it, your photos are incredible, and for me it is not possible to know how it was done, or the level of editing that was done.

That's a really lovely thing to say, Nando! Thank you!

It varies from pic to pic, obviously -- and sometimes I have to "fix" glitches, clothes that cut through the body, etc., just as anyone does -- but mostly the thing I play with is brightness, contrast, and sometimes a bit of diffuse glow. In the pic above, I also played a bit with saturation, and applied a blue colour filter selectively to the background.

But honestly -- light and contrast. Those are, for me, the most important edits I make to pics. They can make a huge difference.

In any case, your own pics are lovely! And they are, obviously, also proof that the LL viewer takes better pics than I'd have thought!

• Like 6

I worked a bit on lighting for the platform at Unity Station on the SLRR today, because I think nice lighting is one of the more neglected parts of SL. Given that ALM is likely going to become the default in SL viewers in the not-too-distant future, it seemed worthwhile installing some projectors onto the platform. I'm going to have to install a "security" light near the back of the parcel as well, maybe with an emergency phone. (Yes, I know, I know . . . it's not actually necessary. But neither is the wheel chair ramp I've put in. The park is supposed to be a sort of model for sustainable, accessible, community-oriented urban living.)

I've also put in a bike rack (just to the right of my figure here) with free rezzable bikes, for those who want to cycle along the rail tracks -- something I've done a fair bit in the past.

I may just possibly have added a lens flare where the station lamp is, because I don't like the way glow works in Black Dragon. Otherwise, this is a pretty straight-up capture. Maybe doesn't look too bad?

Unity-Station-Platform-at-Night-Blank.thumb.png.42c17227d4352c0511eaa4527db3a93a.png

• Like 9

Each of my alts has their own inventories.  When cycling through the accounts while decorating a new house, I like to set each avatar up comfortably while I raid their storage rooms.  Here's Cora waiting patiently while I landscape outside using her flowers and bushes.

image.jpeg.eec5452418e8f4d058d404520ccc8b2e.jpeg

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 10