New FS Viewer...6.4.13...Looks Like BLEEEEEEEP!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

update windows too?

No, no! I'm just saying that updates, such as Windows updates, have, in the past, been seen to cause the graphics card to be no longer recognised, and graphics have switched over to use the integrated grapics instead.  A very substantial performance drop usually results.

Again, a quick look at your viewer's Help -> About [viewer name] info will show if this is the case.

Edited by Odaks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:
2 hours ago, Ati Thei said:

No, the Firestorm icon which you click to launch it. Right click on it to get this menu and see if there's "Run with graphics processor"

No, I don't have that in my menu options.  

Neither do I. The way to ensure that your viewer uses the graphics card is via the graphics card's own menus. You should find menus that will let you specify programs that must use the graphics card, rather than integrated graphics.

Edit: removed link to example menu (that didn't work).

Edited by Odaks
Correction
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7480D
Graphics Card Memory: 768 MB

Finally :)

The Radeon HD 7480D IGP was an entry-level  integrated graphics solution by AMD, launched in October 2012. Built on the 32 nm process, and based on the Scrapper Lite graphics processor, the device supports DirectX 11.2. It features 128 shading units, 8 texture mapping units, and 4 ROPs. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7480D

Well, that tells us beyond a doubt that it's running on the integrated graphics system, not a real dedicated GPU on an actual graphics card. So that's going to be a miserable experience (although I don't know this hardware enough to guess whether it could account for all the specific problems you're seeing). It might be amusing to see what is reported as the "Graphics Card" on viewers that work as expected. (Maybe we've all just been assuming there's a real graphics card and there's not.)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Odaks said:

...and you might be able to see that I have specified Firestorm to run with the graphics card

Sorry - that didn't work as planned! You can't see........

Things have moved on now though.

• Like 1

if she has a dedicated GPU but runs FS with the integrated, the hardware info would show the integrated anyway.

Radeon HD 7480D is integrated in AMD A4 5300 CPU's and she says her GPU is 5300 but pretty sure at this point she was mistaken and that's her CPU. And the 4GB memory she's mentions is the system memory.

Maybe try Catznip viewer, no EEP support yet but you would get good UI and better performance.

Mystery solved.

Edited by Ati Thei
  • Like 2

It's quite disappointing that after more than a few people tried to help @FairreLilettethat she showed such reticence to give the information that could have saved people a lot of time trying to figure out what the problem might be and then decided to delete her later posts, especially the one with the pertinent GPU details.
System info from the viewer was requested on page 1 and the real GPU info was finally posted on page 5 some 4 days later before being deleted (why??? 🤨).

I am glad some context was preserved though so that at least those of us coming back could find out what those details were.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 2

I am so confused by this thread - why wasn't the hardware info pasted it would have taken 2 seconds on Day 1 - it's literally the first thing you do with any issue with software (any software!).

Now I am reading this, later answers from OP are blank so this thread now makes no sense.  The reason threads like this "can" be helpful, is other people having similar issues will find it, read through and be able to solve things - deleting things makes this seem like a troll thread.  I am scratching my head.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

I am so confused by this thread - why wasn't the hardware info pasted it would have taken 2 seconds on Day 1 - it's literally the first thing you do with any issue with software (any software!).

Now I am reading this, later answers from OP are blank so this thread now makes no sense.  The reason threads like this "can" be helpful, is other people having similar issues will find it, read through and be able to solve things - deleting things makes this seem like a troll thread.  I am scratching my head.

This thread is not helpful.  I should have stayed with my gut instincts to have a friend help me download the appropriate drivers I need to and not put any of my information here.  Because are there any driver links here as someone promised IF I put up my information?  Then, I get responses oh like this will be miserable. I posted my rez day which was three years ago and it hasn't been miserable until this viewer which has broken specular to boot!

There is no way I'm going on Catznip viewer, copybot central probably.

I am never putting my personal information about my computer on the internet again.  I have a friend, I'll do it in private.  If you cannot respect that, then I cannot help you or anyone understand that.  

And, I'd like to have the thread closed but that never happens right away.

I don't want anymore help from this thread period.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

This thread is not helpful.  I should have stayed with my gut instincts to have a friend help me download the appropriate drivers I need to and not put any of my information here.  Because are their any driver links here?  Then, I get responses oh like this will be miserable. I posted my rez day three years ago and it hasn't been miserable until this viewer which has broken specular to boot!

There is no way I'm going on Catznip viewer, copybot central probably.

I am never putting my personal information about my computer on the internet again.  I have a friend, I'll do it in private.  If you cannot respect that, then I cannot help you or anyone understand that.  

There's gratitude for you.  No good deed...

In case it is deleted.
  • Like 3

Look people kept pressuring me and pressing me for my personal information when I said I'd like to contact my friend first.

Get over it, please.  I mean seriously.  

Wut?  I don't see any of that.  I only see people trying to help.  GPU information is not personal information - not in any way shape or form.  Millions of people will have identical systems to yours.  Believe me, I have been called a privacy nut before and even I wouldn't have a problem showing FS system information.

It's your call but you kept coming back with more, if you felt that way, it was easy - you just stay away.

• Like 2

1. There's no personal information involved.
  2. Catznip is a perfectly fine third-party viewer, one I use daily. Catznip developers make a real contribution to the SL community, including on this forum.
  3. "Miserable" is using an integrated graphics system when a machine also has a graphics card. If the experience wasn't miserable, it's clear it was using a graphics card, so things will be less miserable if the viewer goes back to using the graphics card somehow so it might have been interesting when somebody explained how that can be done on this particular machine.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Wut?  I don't see any of that.  I only see people trying to help.  GPU information is not personal information - not in any way shape or form.  Millions of people will have identical systems to yours.  Believe me, I have been called a privacy nut before and even I wouldn't have a problem showing FS system information.

It's your call but you kept coming back with more, if you felt that way, it was easy - you just stay away.

I just downloaded the other viewer this morning to show it was slightly better.

I'm not putting my personal information on here.  I am not comfortable with it, and others need to get over it.

There is nothing more to do here.  I'd like to contact my friend personally to work one-on-one with me.

How many times do I need to say this?

I don't go around trolling people as a poster said above.  Good grief.

No one, at all, has "pressured" you for any sort of "personal information". At all. Period.

It is alarming that you would make a post concerning a Viewer listed in the TPVD and one that has never had any such allegations leveled against it before.

Can't help everyone I suppose.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

It's allegations all around it seems.  Everyone is doing something to her 🙄

Well, that's how I felt about it.  I felt pressured and I also feel it was a mistake.  I am not comfortable giving out that information, nor would I ever go on Catznip viewer.

Even FS has gotten accused many times on the forum here for copybotting and no one has ever denied it.  Whether it's true or not...well, it makes one wonder but I still cannot know....

But, I am not going to trust a company I know nothing about with my money.  NO.

And, other's should just accept somebody is not comfortable sharing their information, and move on.  Deleted posts are not the end of world and no one is trolling you simply because they deleted what they feel is personal information.   

• Confused 1

Well, that's how I felt about it.  I felt pressured and I also feel it was a mistake.  I am not comfortable giving out that information, nor would I ever go on Catznip viewer.

Even FS has gotten accused many times on the forum here for copybotting and no one has ever denied it.  Whether it's true or not...well, it makes one wonder but I still cannot know....

But, I am not going to trust a company I know nothing about with my money.  NO.

And, other's should just accept somebody is not comfortable sharing their information, and move on.  Deleted posts are not the end of world and no one is trolling you simply because they deleted what they feel is personal information.   

Why aren't you "getting over it and moving on" then?  You have reported the thread, it may be locked or disappear, you have indicated that you don't want any more involvement and yet you keep coming back.   Other people are allowed to post here even if you have finished with it you know, we are even allowed to post our opinions of what happened here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Why aren't you "getting over it and moving on" then?  You have reported the thread, it may be locked or disappear, you have indicated that you don't want any more involvement and yet you keep coming back.   Other people are allowed to post here even if you have finished with it you know, we are even allowed to post our opinions of what happened here.

Nothing happened to you.  I deleted some posts that had personal information. 

I give up.

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.