New FS Viewer...6.4.13...Looks Like BLEEEEEEEP!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

No, I didn't because the first photo does look foggy or a bit murky to me.

But, this, that I just found, looks like it would be for me because I'd love a bigger screen:  I don't know that much about this graphic card though....

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-27-d0240t?source=igodigital

If you're looking at new PCs, then i'd (personally) avoid an All-in-one as you can't upgrade their components down-the-line as you can on a desktop, so if you've got the space a traditional desktop is the way to go.

With that said however, you could upgrade your existing monitor (assuming you have a traditional desktop). But I'd probably get your GPU situation sorted first before thinking about that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

No (meaning I don't know anything about computers), but to me the first photo does look foggy or a bit murky to me.

But, this, that I just found, looks like it would be for me because I'd love a bigger screen:  I don't know much about this graphic card though....

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-27-d0240t?source=igodigital

The images are both different in the samples. The "foggy" one looks like it was meant to be that why by the creator making a background blur. The other image is entirely different. So it's really not a good sample for comparisons. As for the entirety of both images (not the pictures within them), there's literally no difference in the two.

Edited by Finite
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

With that said however, you could upgrade your existing monitor (assuming you have a traditional desktop). But I'd probably get your GPU situation sorted first before thinking about that.

Yes, I have a traditional desktop and it's custom built but not by my brother-in-law; a friend had it built for me at a fairly famous American computer chain store.  I have to do some Spring cleaning in real life this weekend but I will be going on Catznip as materials are just not going to work on EEP for me at this time, even with the viewer update this morning.  I can view MIDDAY and EEP okay on the new LL release this morning but materials are still borked.

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

Thanks!  My brother-in-law worked for Canon Copiers for years and has built computers in his spare time for years and years, so he is the one I will go to replace this if he agrees, that is.   He has his own busy business now so it will depend if he can or not.    

But, do you know if I will need that item to the right that says 'you may need this too'?  Did your wife need that?  

Screenshot (271).png

No. "You May Need This Too" is the same as Amazon's additional item suggestions (and similar bits through other sites). They're looking to sell you an extra item or suggesting an item often purchased at the same time.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Bad news folks, graphics cards prices probably aren't going to normalize for a while:

https://hardware.slashdot.org/story/21/04/15/1852204/intel-nvidia-tsmc-execs-agree-chip-shortage-could-last-into-2023

Glad I got my 2080super when I did. Before all this craziness. I did kind of wish I waited for the 3060s or 3080s but by the sounds of it I likely wouldn't have been able to get one.

7 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Bad news folks, graphics cards prices probably aren't going to normalize for a while:

https://hardware.slashdot.org/story/21/04/15/1852204/intel-nvidia-tsmc-execs-agree-chip-shortage-could-last-into-2023

Wow.  The thing is, with my brother-in-law, building so many computers as he has, he may have a card that might be use-able for me or he may know someone who does have extra cards (maybe).  Because if someone had extra cards and knows about the prices some of these are fetching, they may have sold them.  I will ask and see what I 'can' find out from my brother-in-law.  Thanks for all your help, this is just very unfortunate timing for me.  I can use SL but without materials.  My old GPU cannot jive or connect with EEP and materials for whatever reason, most likely because it's integrated and does not have the ability to update. *sigh* with COVID life now, it's been a lot of stress all around.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.