When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I don't use rubber chickens, but I have used little plastic toys effectively in hexing people.

Maybe you ought to use this "talent" on the folks whose alt armies claim all the best parcels, just to get them out of your way. ;) 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I usually roll around 8 or 9 a.m. EST (5 or 6 a.m. SLT), and I've gotten some great locations lately doing that.Maybe it's the Europeans who are abandoning at that time. I'm talking stilt on piers, houseboats, Trads and Newbrooke.

Exactly! My best have usually been right around the same time. That was when I grabbed my current Vic. (Though I'm a little salty about having to derender most of the items in the back to see the little inlet that's against the property.) I'm thinking I'm going to have to steal her alt to try getting her a better parcel. 

• Like 4

It is fine days for the new people that are looking for a Linden Home. A good selection of 6-7 different ones all the time I am looking.

It seems that the old themes like Traditionals, Houseboats and Victorians are in high demand now. I have not seen a Trad in a while, and Houseboats are ultrarare. Sometimes it is a Stilt on land, but other stilts are very rare.

But Campers, Log homes, Chalets and Fantasy homes are stable homes up for grabs "all" the time.

Surprisingly enough, Newbrooke of both types have been available when I look at the land page. I thought that new theme was so popular that it would be sold out?

• Like 3

LL has continued to release more Newbrookes so I imagine they are just trying to keep slightly ahead of demand.I've been moving around a lot in the last week, and most of my "catches" have been in the new regions above the first Newbrooke release.

Now...sigh...if only I could find that prized combination of water and neighbors that aren't bogging down the region with high load items. In my last several attempts, I have landed oo 1) a region filled with non-LL security orbs, 2) a region with a neighbor that is building a clearly out-of-covenant expansion that is an eyesore, and 3) my current location, with two nearby ponds, but at least one neighbor with a torture chamber full of highly scripted BD__ items (do what you want in your own home, with your avatars, but when you're placing items that have a high impact on the region, it affects all of us...times like these I'm so glad for the derender/blacklist and block annoyance options)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The abandoned trads seem to be appearing in large batches. There won't be any for hours, then I can quickly use up my five rolls and get five different homes. 

As for finding a home with water and neighbors with acceptable furniture... well, I wouldn't let the neighbors' stuff run me off from a great parcel. Neighbors come and go, and even if you do catch an ideal combination, who's to say that those agreeable neighbors won't move out next week and ones with laggy stuff move in? Derender, blacklist, report if it's against the covenant, and enjoy the view.  (I actually seldom look at what the neighbors are doing. I could have a spaceship next door for all I know. 😂 )

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Trinity1776 said:

LL has continued to release more Newbrookes so I imagine they are just trying to keep slightly ahead of demand.I've been moving around a lot in the last week, and most of my "catches" have been in the new regions above the first Newbrooke release.

Now...sigh...if only I could find that prized combination of water and neighbors that aren't bogging down the region with high load items. In my last several attempts, I have landed oo 1) a region filled with non-LL security orbs, 2) a region with a neighbor that is building a clearly out-of-covenant expansion that is an eyesore, and 3) my current location, with two nearby ponds, but at least one neighbor with a torture chamber full of highly scripted BD__ items (do what you want in your own home, with your avatars, but when you're placing items that have a high impact on the region, it affects all of us...times like these I'm so glad for the derender/blacklist and block annoyance options)

You are having better luck than me. I do have one spot I love. My alt has been trying to find a nice place before her premium expires (in less than a week now). Given her lack of luck, I am probably gonna let her expire.

Pretty much every single pick she gets every single day has been old and most likely undesirable locations... mostly sandwiched between other houses with no water anywhere nearby, no unique landscaping, nothing other than other houses surrounding it -- across the street, behind, and on both sides.

I decided to use her last few days to try to landscape one of these spots with mostly exterior landscaping to "make my own beauty." This is a bit of work and is taking me a few days, but I think it is turning out more or less what I hoped for.  If it goes as well as I hope for, I will publish it in a blog, giving people hints on how to replicate the effect.

• Like 7

On 5/3/2022 at 2:18 PM, Johnny Giotto said:

The only way is to refresh the page that lists the homes available but make sure you do it less than 10 times in 10 minutes, otherwise you get a block for 10 minutes.

psst if you relog into the land page, you get another 10 tries immediately.  Don't tell anybody!! 😀

• Like 6
  • Haha 10

Putting back a really adorable traditional on Catherine  @ 7:30 SLT, and mulling about putting back a nice one with a lighthouse view on Ruthsburg, so I might be back later for that, lol

For now:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Catherine/89/160/23

Just an overall very appealing spot, with nice hill behind it and it is on a overlook/bluff with a pretty entry.

If I didn't already have a nice green trad elsewhere I would probably stay there a while! :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CalypsoJewel said:

Admiral's Landing released. However some of the OL listings were giving OP and although I had 2 people trying, both got pier and I lost my chance at my dream home to it. 💔 Not happy.

I always look at it this way.  If it's meant for you it will come to you.  Just means there is even a better one out there for you.

• Like 4