When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

35 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Is it my imagination, or is the Chalet release a bit of a failure? It seems to be the least popular release. There are a few really scenic areas with windmills, ponds and creeks/bridges. But the vast majority of what I have seen is just street after street of house after house with little scenic stuff around it, and lots of concrete/brick public patio-like areas instead of grassy spots.  Is that why there are always chalets on the LP? 

Or did they just build/release release too many of them as compared to other themes?

I think many people may have found them too large. (And for me, personally, all the daffodils just don't look as convincing as the flowers/vegetation in other regions.)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Is it my imagination, or is the Chalet release a bit of a failure? It seems to be the least popular release. There are a few really scenic areas with windmills, ponds and creeks/bridges. But the vast majority of what I have seen is just street after street of house after house with little scenic stuff around it, and lots of concrete/brick public patio-like areas instead of grassy spots.  Is that why there are always chalets on the LP? 

Or did they just build/release release too many of them as compared to other themes?

They look too much the same to me, and like Frigga said, they are too open and big. I really wish they would focus on nice smaller houses so our land impact could stretch further (why I still love the traditional theme). I picked a chalet up and found it unsatisfying to decorate. If I am going to have a big Linden home, I would rather have a Victorian which I personally think have the best landscaping of all the themes.

• Like 10

I’m a tiny house fan, so the chalets didn’t work for me as well either. I did use the window boxes, tulips, and daffodils with my camper, though, and the topiaries on the stilts. For some reason, I can’t keep a stilt for very long, either. Who am I kidding? I can’t keep any home very long! Houseboats I stay with the longest. It must be, because I was born in Port Huron, Michigan. Lighthouses and the Great Lakes call to me. 

• Like 8

If you're looking to get one of those new Vic/Log regions near Rigamarole, or the new Log regions around The Hut - start looking at the map. All the ones I've been tracking are now offline, quite possibly so that the parcel statuses can be changed from 'Protected Land' to 'Linden Home'! (I just picked up an abandoned Vic I like so am out of the game until the Moderns appear.)

Then again, maybe it's just a standard Tuesday... usually the offline regions are a bit more patchwork, though.

offline.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
added screengrab
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

If you're looking to get one of those new Vic/Log regions near Rigamarole, or the new Log regions around The Hut - start looking at the map. All the ones I've been tracking are now offline, quite possibly so that the parcel statuses can be changed from 'Protected Land' to 'Linden Home'! (I just picked up an abandoned Vic I like so am out of the game until the Moderns appear.)

Then again, maybe it's just a standard Tuesday... usually the offline regions are a bit more patchwork, though.

offline.JPG

There are big issues with restarts today. Many parts of Mainland look exactly like this.  https://secondlife-status.statuspage.io/incidents/lxk0hk248g0k

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

Yes I have been experiencing that today. I can’t claim a home. 

Sylvia answered my question. It must have something to do with rolling restarts. I hadn't tried logging in until now, and I couldn't reach any region. It looked like I was able to, then it would just hang. I was hoping that they were getting the land page ready for the new big release. No such luck lol

Edited by Marisa Starbrook
the usual skipped words
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

Sylvia answered my question. It must have something to do with rolling restarts. I hadn't tried logging in until now, and I couldn't reach any region. It looked like I was able to, then it would just hang. I was hoping that they were getting the land page ready for the new big release. No such luck lol

I'd say you'd have an *absolute minimum* of 2 weeks from now before the LP would be affected - the new regions still have to be unveiled in situ and then have their QA checks done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

Yes must be as I cannot go to my mainland place either.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

If you need to log in to send a message or other things, and do not care where you are, Hatton is open. Just type Hatton in as location.

I and 59 other people are logged in at Pooley. Everywhere I normally could log in is down right now. Even my non-Linden skybox. Eastern Belli seems to be up, but the regions to the west are mostly down. Correction: most of Bellisseria is down. I hadn't scrolled out on my map. 

Edited by Marisa Starbrook

I hope someone takes this Vic who will love it.  It has only two neighbors, two ponds in front and another beyond the vacant lot in back.  Very nice flowers, you can sit on the bench on the curve across the street that looks directly at your house and admire what you've done with it, and the view from the front porch is SO Victorian.  Abandoning at 8:30.

Cantwell_001.thumb.jpg.d425e81c3e8338eed1405ce43af0b77b.jpg

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Avery Evergarden said:

Aside from Camper and Chalet, which seem to be available in abundance what is the most common/least common home type popping up?

The one I've not seen since I started looking again is Stilt on Pier. I'm sure I've seen everything else.

Houseboats still seems to be the most popular and hardest to find on the land page. Pier stilts are rare too. You can usually find a Log soon enough and even Trads and Vics come up several times a day.

• Like 3