Deploy Plans for the Week of 2021-03-22

Maestro Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server:

SLS will get the build that was deployed to RC last week.

https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/simulator/2021-03-11.556847.html

Tuesday 2021-03-23 03:00-11:00 PDT

Second Life RC:

All RC channels will be getting the same new build.

https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/simulator/2021-03-19.557269.html

Update @ 2021-03-26: due to an internal issue discovered in the RC build, the RC channels have been rolled back to 2021-03-11.556847.

Thursday 2021-03-24 07:00-10:30 PDT

On Region Restarts:

All regions will be recently restarted by the rolls, so we don't anticipate any rolling restarts outside of the updates.

Edited by Maestro Linden
Noted RC rollback.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

Today, Nuggy (on 556255) has been with a bit over 90% Scripts Run, average (2800 active scripts max). I'm curious to see how it is after getting the update...

So far, from those 556847 I checked, only empty Linden Protected water regions show a normal Scripts Run percentage.

My region just got rolled onto 556847. I don't see any difference in scripts run % whatsoever. Right after the first restart it was ~75%, after another manual restart 85%. if it would be "30-50%" more it would be 99%, but nope.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Thanks 2

Just clarifying what I wrote above: as it's said the bug causes Scripts Run to be 30-50%, I estimate that a normal rate would be at least 60-80%... But that's way far from what I've been seeing around, and that was dramatic drops in some cases and none (except empty Linden Protected water regions) is over 55% average.

Seems to be the same based on my observations.  Hopefully this is a work in progress.

Script time on the Statistics floater still does not match script time on the Top Scripts Floater.  Top Scripts will report ~6ms of time, while Statistics will show 20ms (probably capped by the region)

• Thanks 1

Just adding my observation:  Woods of Heaven, Homestead running 1600 scripts...before the roll script run was 52% approx, after the roll script run 52% approx.  so no change.

I can't be bothered to run the Hunt the Thimble game to improve script run any longer...this roll changed nothing.

Edited by Aishagain
  • Thanks 2

Nuggy has been updated, and seems to be even better. Scripts Run hitting 100% many times (depends on the live KittyCats in the sim).

@NeoBokrug ElytisYes, let's hope that the "internal tweaks" scheduled for tomorrow do something. I'm also hoping that all those regions I checked, and had quite a drop in the percentage like West Haven, just had bad restarts.

I thought, from the status notes, that the rolls weren't starting until 10:00 am, and yet people here are saying they got their upgrade three hours ago? As I write this it is 09:27 inworld.

ETA doh, saw from the top post here the rolls were between 03:00 and 11:00, so the dashboard notice of the times is out by a few hours.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku

Was hoping it would fix the unsit bug introduced when they went to the cloud... First region crossing on my Loonetta, boat responded as if I was unseated whilst still attached... So bug not fixed... have to rely on the various patches from Uggo and Carla to keep sailing :( and the old Loonetta will have to stay in my inventory awaiting some future fix.

Edited by Aethelwine

I don't know for sure if the region I just checked is still RC, though it was, but it does look as if they are rolling back to the current MC version.

So two things:

1: There's not likely to be an MC rollout next week.

2: Unless you keep notes, or have a gadget which logs restarts, there's no way of knowing which sims will restart when, next week. Which makes Tuesdays and Wednesdays suck for planning events.

Can I trust the timings reported on the Status page? RC and MC rollouts seem to run for as much as 12 hours, and despite the roughly 3:1 difference in region numbers, RC rollouts can take longer than MC.

So we had a RC channel roll on Wednesday that was rolled back on Thursday, according to Maestro...now we have another RC roll today. The rollback date suggests today (26th) and the GSP has announced it, but then the notice  suggested the Rollback was on Thursday 24th...'cept Thursday was 25th...  WHAT THE HECK is going on??

Edited by Aishagain

Today is Saturday 27th March at approximately 12:45pm PDT.  That would mean, if the Grid Status Page is correct. that the RC Rollback is STILL ongoing some18 hours after it began.  This is unlikely and someone simply forgot to post that the job was done.  Or...something has gone radically wrong with the rollback.

Further to what I posted yesterday, I ask again...WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON????  The Grid Status Page is the "go to" point for most folks, to appraise themselves of current work in SL.  If it cannot be believed, what then?

ETA 12noon PDT Sunday 28th:  Still ongoing acording to the GSP...this must be some kind of record, not saying what for but....

Edited by Aishagain
Additional information

So...let's recap:  Wednesday, RC channel servers were rolled to 557269; shortly after, these regions were rolled back to 556847, but that took 3 days and now a quick sample of 25 RC channel regions seem to have seen NO restarts?  I assume then that they were STILL running 557269 or maybe they never left 556847?.

We know that there are delays in getting rolls performed on occasions but 3 days?

And the GSP is already announcing RC channel rolls for this coming Wednesday.

Perhaps by then this mess will be sorted out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.