"Do you look like your avatar IRL?"

alienaisha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Oh well, I can do something hilarious, but I have no problem to share the pic I also have in my bio inworld.

Schermafdruk 2021-01-29 17.35.14.png

wow identical!!

18 minutes ago, Karina Leborski said:

I change my look every week or two...it would be hard to keep up in RL ;)

girl, same almost. my hair is either pink or blonde, i change it so often.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nyahrou said:

wow identical!!

Well, in a way it is. And my RL name is different from my avi's name, but my avi's name IS in fact inspirated by my real name because it's a variation on an angels name. I love when many things are connected and everything has a meaning or is a symbol. So the wings  tattoo on my avi's back natuarally refer to angels wings and the tattoos of the dragons on the arms refer to my Chinese sign in RL wich is a snake. But as much as RL and SL somethings are mixing, I still choose to keep my RL name and identity out of here. For most of you it also would not be interesting because every info over me is in Dutch :-).

Further, you must understand that some here build an identity wich they can not be in RL. And that they dearly love. Therefore, you have to be patient and understanding with people who don't like to be asked about their RL identity. For me, you can ask every question you wish (I am a writer and reporter, so I would like to ask all kinds of questions too 🙂 ), the keyword only is: try to understand each other.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Well, in a way it is. And my RL name is different from my avi's name, but my avi's name IS in fact inspirated by my real name because it's a variation on an angels name. I love when many things are connected and everything has a meaning or is a symbol. So the wings  tattoo on my avi's back natuarally refer to angels wings and the tattoos of the dragons on the arms refer to my Chinese sign in RL wich is a snake. But as much as RL and SL somethings are mixing, I still choose to keep my RL name and identity out of here. For most of you it also would not be interesting because every info over me is in Dutch :-).

Further, you must understand that some here build an identity wich they can not be in RL. And that they dearly love. Therefore, you have to be patient and understanding with people who don't like to be asked about their RL identity. For me, you can ask every question you wish (I am a writer and reporter, so I would like to ask all kinds of questions too 🙂 ), the keyword only is: try to understand each other.

That's true!! I tell people to only share with me what they are comfortable with. However, for me, because I share so much of myself here (I state in my bio at one point, I am myself whether I am in SL or not), there is a certain point where I could not progress anymore in a relationship (friend/platonic) with someone if they are too closed off. It's nothing against them, it's just that to avoid myself being hurt I cannot get too close to someone who is too secretive, yknow? Which, I think is fair. Both parties have different needs.

Only things I'll keep secret are a matter of personal safety, such as approximate location, real name , place of work which I think is common sense. Those things I have to be vague about; my first name I'll share with people I get close with but only one person had been told it so far in my time here.

i still wanna do that interview with you, but I don't find myself on same time as you 😧 I thought about making some vieos with a similar goal.

• Like 1

To an extend, yes. I have tried to make it look as much as like me in RL, but I do not think it was a 100% success. I have same hair colour, eye colour and almost similar skin colour (I tints it as its hard to get an exact skin colour). 

I was even crazy enough to measure myself and use that for my avatar (those sliders/measurements are not that good for that, so you need to make things proportional sometimes by visual comparison) but due to the restrictions of mesh bodies and heads there is a limit. I tried many heads and finally bought one which could be shaped more like my real head, but still am not fully satisfied. Due to auto alpha in clothes these days, the clothes I wear does make me look more 'shaped'. I think my SL avatar is much better looking than my RL even if I tried to make her as imperfect as me in RL. Below is the picture of my SL version Vs my RL Version (yes, its blurred).

457463693_SLandRL.thumb.JPG.2b43e8d548c81ed5511604e12789ddd9.JPG

• Like 6

Yes ... if I am (A) extremely nice to myself, (B) looking at old pictures, and (C) ignore all the (numerous) imperfections.

But my real question is this:
How can I turn back the clock 40 years and get Truth hair in RL?

Preferably with a RL HUD so it isn't gray all the time.
Sigh... 😔

Edited by QuietEventide
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.