Protecting Second Life From Hate Groups Hiding & Organizing Here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Talon Brown said:

I can't?  You seem to be inadvertently doing quite a good job of it.

Like i said im not going to bother to reply to the ones that dont know any about living under a dictatorship, be a fascist, a communist or whatever they luse to justify themselves when in power.

2 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

^^^This^^^ is what scares me.  The belief that people are no longer allowed to have their own opinions, their own thoughts and have to fall in line with one narrative, one ideology. 

Fascism isn´t an opinion. It´s a crime against humanity.

17 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'd be grateful if you would reply to a post directed at you (in this instance the one before the one to which my comment above was made).  As for a dictatorship, well, it could be argued that we had the equivalent experience under absolute monarchies, and there are those of us who recognise the continued existence of the Norman yoke.  But I digress.

I already posted what i consider the definition of true democracy.

When a Country has on its constitution this:

Armed associations, military, militarised or paramilitary-type associations and organisations that are racist or display a fascist ideology shall not be permitted.

Edited by foneco Zuzu
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Orwar said:

So, your definition of a 'true' democracy is one wherein everyone thinks the same way you do, and the moment people don't, you want to revoke their right to voice their opinions. Sounds pretty fascist, actually.

Democracy has laws and regulations to protect itself from people who threaten it. What you think and what you say is your business, but if you threaten democracy by words and actions you outlaw yourself.

No mercy. Democracy does not include surrender.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Would that be like all the anti-white people tweets floating around?  

You know, "just their opinions".

You deny the oppressed to express their feelings.

They are not just their opinions.

They felt and still feel on the flesh all the hate from white people.

Cause your skin color makes you feel protected and indifferent to their suffering does not mean you can deny the right to their indignation.

Edited by foneco Zuzu

48 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

Homosexuality or same sex marriage is always about taking away someone else's Religious rights, and as such we can't really allow it.

If that is so we cannot allow you to drive your car on the highway cause you are taking away the precious space in need for my ultrafast ferrari. Which is my religion.

Ridiculous.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Democracy has laws and regulations to protect itself from people who threaten it. What you think and what you say is your business, but if you threaten democracy by words and actions you outlaw yourself.

Your definition of democracy sounds eerily similar to what you claim to be fighting against.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, foneco Zuzu said:

You deny the oppressed to express their feelings.

They are not just their opinions.

They felt and still feel on the flesh al the hate from people like you.

Cause your skin color makes you feel protected and indifferent to their suffering.

You do not know me, where I am from, what I believe in or who I may or may not hate.  Please keep your sweeping assumptions to yourself.  They just make you look ignorant.

• Like 3

Just now, Jordan Whitt said:

You do not know me, where I am from, what I believe in or who I may or may not hate.  Please keep your sweeping assumptions to yourself.  They just make you look ignorant.

I edited it to avoid making it feel like it was personal. Please read again.

24 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

What do you think made it possible that HItler came to power? He was supported by a news and press imperium similiar Fox News.

Um, that is not how he rose to power. He was actually ridiculed by many newspapers prior to when he took power. Hitler took power in 1933 and then after that took over the news outlets. The Nazi party controlled only 3% of German newspapers when he took power.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Fascism has laws and regulations to protect itself from people who threaten it. What you think and what you say is your business, but if you threaten fascism by words and actions you outlaw yourself.

No mercy. Fascism does not include surrender.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

"The word 'Fascism' is almost entirely meaningless ... almost any English person would accept 'bully' as a synonym for 'Fascist'".  George Orwell, 1944.

Just in case...

Synonym - a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language, for example shut is a synonym of close.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jordan Whitt said:

"The word 'Fascism' is almost entirely meaningless ... almost any English person would accept 'bully' as a synonym for 'Fascist'".  George Orwell, 1944.

Just in case...

Synonym - a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language, for example shut is a synonym of close.

Funny when fascists quote Orwell in order to hide that they are fascists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Would that be like all the anti-white people tweets floating around?  

You know, "just their opinions".

I actually agree. I find such statements quite problematic on a social level and they should be frowned upon in the same way other opinions of the same nature are.

My comment was a response to multiple people making blanket statements that every opinion should be allowed to be promoted and spread. This blanket statement is just nonesense, because it eliminates the ability to draw a line. And a line needs to be drawn somewhere. 

Edited by Syo Emerald
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Fascism has laws and regulations to protect itself from people who threaten it.

Nice try. The difference is fascist regimes put you into concentration camps or or kill you in another way. While in democratic systems you get away with the same offense.

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Fine, if you consider our democracies being fascist dictatorships, join comrade Xi at Hong Kong. I am sure he´ll welcome you.

Ironically my first reaction to your post was that it was exactly what I'd expect to read from the PRC.

6 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

Um, that is not how he rose to power. He was actually ridiculed by many newspapers prior to when he took power. Hitler took power in 1933 and then after that took over the news outlets. The Nazi party controlled only 3% of German newspapers when he took power.

In fact, the NSDAP party never received more than 34 percent of the votes in free and fair elections. Fact is, that right wing conservative parties and a right wing conservative president enabled them.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.