The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

You can use a resizer script on it?

No that never works because the problem things are normally at the minimum size -0-  hence the problem making it smaller manually. You normally find the "too small" piece (often shadow prim or window pane) and enlarge that and THEN things normally resize.   I can only get this to resize by unlinking and then relinking. There may be a script in there causing the issue, but honestly I only bought it to blog and this is way too much effort to recommend to my readers :D.  

Ahh, Maybe you meant the script would make everything else smaller except the offending pieces that were already at their minimum. Good idea. I will try that. Still an unreasonable hassle IMO.  If that works I may make a blog post on resizing furniture. I have actually never seen this problem before.     Thanks. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 3

Nutmeg's weekend offer is this 6 LI display cabinet, $60. 

In the last few weeks, Kazza's been featuring furnishings for a child's room. Now Nutmeg has done the same. Items are sold individually, ranging from $1 to $200, and the complete set is $450, which is a special price for this weekend only.

nutmeg.JPG

nutmeg2.JPG

nutmeg3.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Ahh, Maybe you meant the script would make everything else smaller except the offending pieces that were already at their minimum. Good idea. I will try that. Still an unreasonable hassle IMO.  If that works I may make a blog post on resizing furniture. I have actually never seen this problem before.     Thanks. 

Tested resizer will not resize the object down just like manual. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Someone sent me a "better" resizer script and that DOES work. However once the chair gets down to actual people size (I AM SIX FEET AFTER ALL SO NOT SHORT) LOL  The animations are very much off.  The script method is a faster method for sure but still nothing I would want to "feature".  :D

So Marianne was correct except for a caveat about only some scripts will work.   

• Like 2

On 7/15/2022 at 9:31 AM, Chic Aeon said:

OK An update on this. Bought it and it is huge. You CAN resize it but in order to do that you need to find the tiny piece holding the animations and resize that as well as resizing the shadow  making both larger. When you link and relink you somehow lose the animations even though the small box is still the root.  I may be able to figure this out but no time now. Just be warned.  It is all pretty strange and I can't see what the purpose in doing this was. 

resizing.jpg.c464cce6c02cf57fde76daddd48491da.jpg

18 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

It's such a cute chair I decided to buy it. It was really easy to resize WITHOUT unlinking anything. There are three parts that must be stretched before it can be resized. Simply use edit linked and target each of the three objects and make them larger. Once all three have been resized untick the edit linked box and shrink the chair. After getting it to the size you desire, target all three of those linked parts and size them back down. Animations work just fine.

The three parts can be seen in this pic. There is an itty bitty cube, the shadow, and the prim that holds the animations. Be sure to hit control/alt/T to highlight transparent when you begin the process.

5dc74d6e1fcfbf58f5491f66861189c6.jpg

A brief clip showing the process here

It's such a cute chair for a great price.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Someone sent me a "better" resizer script and that DOES work. However once the chair gets down to actual people size (I AM SIX FEET AFTER ALL SO NOT SHORT) LOL  The animations are very much off.  The script method is a faster method for sure but still nothing I would want to "feature".  :D

So Marianne was correct except for a caveat about only some scripts will work.   

Yes, I have used the resizer from Herk's https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Linkset-Resizer-With-Menu/2958190

And then I bough this one because I can stretch individual axes. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BoSH-Resizer-PLUS-Stretch-Personal/2929260

It is not full permissions, but I do not need it. I have used only the BoSH one since 2019, and it works even if it is one part in the linkset that's at the lowest size.

I do not think I have resized many things with scripts. I love to use this on things like modular kitchens. It is easier to assemble them in parts when the parts is the size I want them to be.

I will see if I buy those chairs. They look really good. I can do as @Blush Bravin.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2022 at 10:02 PM, Claireschen Hesten said:

A bit of fun, this novelty hotdog & burger sofa and chair set is from Kei spot for Saturday sale 6-8 Li L$75 each the L$150 fatpack includes an onion rug

Kei-Spot-2-2.jpg

The LI is too high than I'd like, but they suit Cat's style so well that I brought the set anyway.

GirlCave_001.thumb.jpg.a88126b7320ddab0fc100bb7744a6b83.jpg

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 3

I'm very much a novice when it comes to modifying items.  I see that I've bought that resizer Marianne mentioned sometime in the past, but I've never used it.  But I can follow a cookbook style recipe for changing things and Blush's post made it possible for me to resize the cute giant chair and ottoman.  Thanks again for sharing your expertise!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I will see if I buy those chairs. They look really good.

They do look good.

AND I really wish creators would stop putting the smallest thickness prim (or mesh prim) on for shadows.  Anything that limits downsizing is a pain.  I am sure I have a few things out there with that issue but for a long time I have tried to watch for that minimum bit.  

Realistically you could get rid of the small cube item AND the "seat prim"  which might save some land impact.  You could even get rid of the shadow prim if you don't like those (this one was well done though).  

image.thumb.png.3e6ed2071bfd0a9bf8917c8065627d45.png

I went over the the SURGE full perm mesh store and the chair and ottoman are 799 there so ten times the price at the sales venue. I see a LOT of things that I see on the sales these days -- as well as in the regular venues many of which are no longer "original mesh".   It is sized large there also :D

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Realistically you could get rid of the small cube item AND the "seat prim"  which might save some land impact.  You could even get rid of the shadow prim if you don't like those (this one was well done though).  

The seat prim contains all the animations. The small cube is the root, which was likely added so the merchant could be "seen" as the creator since the piece is full perm mesh. You certainly could remove the shadow. If you removed the "seat" prim though, you'd be removing all the animations as well. I suppose it would be possible to drop those animations into the chair, but then again, there are scripts that require that animations not be located in the root prim. I'd remove the small cube and shadow if really trying to reduce LI, but then you might end up with the animations being borked.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

The seat prim contains all the animations. The small cube is the root, which was likely added so the merchant could be "seen" as the creator since the piece is full perm mesh. You certainly could remove the shadow. If you removed the "seat" prim though, you'd be removing all the animations as well. I suppose it would be possible to drop those animations into the chair, but then again, there are scripts that require that animations not be located in the root prim. I'd remove the small cube and shadow if really trying to reduce LI, but then you might end up with the animations being borked.

I typically have ONE PRIM chairs and such so the root also holds the animations and with no issues using AVsitter which is pretty much the standard. This limits the server cost and can keep a nice chair at one land impact.

So really there is no "need" for that cube prim. And yes it was the "creator prim" but that could also have held the animations or they could have gone into the seat prim proper.    I am guessing this is a new brand and we all learn along the way.   While the shadow prim was made by the full perm designer it could have easily be replicated so that it could have been the "creator" prim also. Lots of options :D.

We each do our own thing but those minimum dimensions on things that are invisible drives me nuts. No need.    

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I typically have ONE PRIM chairs and such so the root also holds the animations and with no issues using AVsitter which is pretty much the standard. This limits the server cost and can keep a nice chair at one land impact.

True. I couldn't remember if this chair has couple animations and wasn't in world to check. I have broken furniture in the past when I removed what I thought was excess prims, only to find out that the script needed at least one object per person being animated in the linkset. I'm not a scripter by any stretch of the imagination. So, my knowledge is very limited in that regard. I'm just going by what I've learned while breaking some of my furniture when modding it.

I do agree that it's annoying to have prims in a linkset that are too small to resize when it's completely unnecessary. Sometimes it's unavoidable but in many cases it's just an oversite.

• Like 5

I really dislike the small prims too. Why make it so difficult for us. And omg, those chairs are huge. What kind of avatars would fit in them, 11 feet ones? With muscle dysphoria?

I went to another store that had modern furniture, no name shall be mentioned. All items sold individually, chairs, sidetable, frames and rug. I sent the set a disdainful look and teleported out. I rather take these huge chairs and the job with resizing them.

I know I have bought such weekend offers with all parts priced individually, but then I am totally in love with the set. No impulse buy "It is so cheap, almost free, and I may need them in the future."

• Like 1