How can i achieve the realistic look ?!

BbyMuvaht

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/21/2020 at 6:08 AM, Bagnu said:

It's frustrating though. I can make some very realistic pics with other programs, but not here. I will definitely watch that. Thank you!!!

Easy guide how to take high quality and realistic pics in SL:

Step 1: Get a powerful machine.
Step 2: Install Black Dragon viewer.
Step 3: Get familiar with the viewer's capabilities, settings and functionalities and experiment.
Step 4: Become familiar with camera angles and composition - rule of 2/3rds for example.
Step 5: Take 4k and above shots with DoF, shadows and stuff cranked up to high.
Step 6: Editing tutorials - adding depth, shadows/highlights, filters, layering and masking, texture enhancement event.
Step 7: Practice, practice. practice!
Note: Blurring the f*** out of photos is NOT a good practice.
Step 8: Repeat steps 3 through 7.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aiyumei said:

Step 3: Get familiar with the viewer's capabilities, settings and functionalities and experiment.
Step 4: Become familiar with camera angles and composition - rule of 2/3rds for example.
Step 6: Editing tutorials - adding depth, shadows/highlights, filters, layering and masking, texture enhancement event.

Thanks!!! I've since then developed my own style of SL photography, but learning is an ongoing process.  I wish BD's chat functions were the same as Firestorm's though, because I very rarely preplan my images.  They are meant to be life in SL "as it happens".

I can understand your obsession with realistic looks cause i myself want my avi to look real so i take alot of time in editing the avi , right now i am using lelutka lilly head i am gonna upload pic later cause i am on my phone right now, i still need to do alot of editing but i will show you , so you can take an idea.

Edited by EmmaTyler1

23 hours ago, Aiyumei said:

get photoshop or psp .. no need for a overkill machine nor a supermodel avi
Nothing in SL is realistic, unless you compare the avi's to full painted rl faces, that's pretty simular.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

25 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

get photoshop or psp .. no need for a overkill machine nor a supermodel avi

I mentioned powerful machine because of BD, it renders textures differently compared to the other viewers and is able to achieve much higher resolutions which is why it's so suitable for high quality photos. That requires processing power to achieve it. There's no point of getting Photoshop or another editing program if you don't know how to use it.

29 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Nothing in SL is realistic, unless you compare the avi's to full painted rl faces, that's pretty simular.

Nothing in SL is realistic for you. If you can't appreciate the effort in quality people put in, whether it's photography, building/designing or texturing that's on you. I am certain there are many forum users that can give examples but that's not the point of this thread.

• Like 2

One interesting thing I've noticed, is pics taken "outdoors" in "sunlight" appear more photorealistic. To me anyways. I find the same when I use "physical sky", with "Final Render|" in 3DSMAX to render an image.

Me

This is me, no filters, straight screenshot of how I look in-world.

I do set up my home with point and projector lighting, and use "shared environment" all the time, so my lighting is controlled by where lights are in my home. In this shot there's a celing lamp in the middle of the room in front of me so I have pretty even light falling on my face.

The biggest thing that I find to add to the look of your avatar is to add BoM layers over the skin, not just use the basic one as it comes. In this picture I have twenty-eight BoM layers, though a lot of them are body alterations for shadows because I'm "petite" or to add lines to my knees or reshape my navel.

I look a bit more "real" without makeup on, things like my eyebrows are pretty solid when I am made up, you don't see the individual hairs as well as when they are not painted and sculpted.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

yes that;s my opinion, but you seem to have some difficulties when people like me add something you don't agree to, to a thread that you raise up from the dead after 2 yrs 

Irony: the thread was born 3 years ago yesterday. Maybe the OP "quit" long ago!

• Like 1

While this may be a resurrected old thread, I like the topic and think there are things many of us can learn from the discussion.

I'm going to take a different approach than many of the recent posts.

If you want realistic-appearing screen captures, start with your avatar.

1. Study photos of real life faces and work on your face shape so it appears more realistic. Pay attention to shape, size and position of the eyes, nose and mouth. Eyes may need to be closer together, and mouth may need to be smaller. Make sure your jawline looks realistic.
  2. Make sure your body has realistic proportions, and and adjust the shape to reflect that.
  3. Pick a skin that has dimension, pores, etc.
  4. Use BOM enhancers (from places like Izzie's) to add character to the face skin.
  5. Pick realistic eye styles with shading in the whites of the eyes. Avoid flat-looking or overly bright eyes.
  6. Choose clothing and accessories as realistic as you can find - texture, detail, rigging. 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2023 at 11:01 AM, Linnea Evergarden said:

Just get a Non-human looking skin and embrace the weird it's a lot less nerve wracking

That's what I do sometimes. I have a favorite "frozen elf" skin that I use... Been using it a lot lately with the elf ears. I'd post my recent example of it, but it's too nice for the grownups here (it's in the Adult forums, look for a telescope someplace lol).

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.