Slim body

anianita67

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everybody, which body i should choose if i want a slim figure, classic measurements like 85-60-90.  I have ebody classic and I found that has too much butt to fit any of the clothes, i always have a glitch and i reduced the butt to min. .  so i want to change it. As well it would be nice that it has an option to reduce the breast size. Thanks for your advice and opinions. 

I'd say 'Maitreya-Lara'...but that's the only one I've bought so I would! lol  Apart from trying demo's as Jordan has said, have a good look through the "How does your avatar look today" thread here, see who has bodies that you'd prefer, then ask that person which body they use. (Don't forget that you can make or get many 'shapes', which will alter faces and bodies in many ways.)

• Like 1

Just like with your youthful head, editing the shape sliders for the body parts will show great differences.

Also, there are very few clothing items which fit snuggly to a body, even if it was rigged especially for that brand. Using alphas, either as BOM layers or via the body HUD, is usually a must.

• Like 1

Hi , i tried Maitreya Lara, Slink physique, and ebody.. it seems that bodys are not as detailed, precise, and close to nature as some heads are. I know i need to apply skins but even some heads packed without head skins, are better looking as some bodys in general. Maybe there is some out there that is specialy well made ? Maybe my measurements are not good, I just wanted to stress 'the classic' body. 

24 minutes ago, anianita67 said:

Hi , i tried Maitreya Lara, Slink physique, and ebody.. it seems that bodys are not as detailed, precise, and close to nature as some heads are. I know i need to apply skins but even some heads packed without head skins, are better looking as some bodys in general. Maybe there is some out there that is specialy well made ? Maybe my measurements are not good, I just wanted to stress 'the classic' body. 

What do you mean..."close to nature".  The default skins are terrible but the skins for females do tend to be kind of air-brushed into a doll like appearance.  

You could try Legacy...they claim to have more details to add to the skin.  However, Legacy is a very intense triangle object and could put you into lag territory.  With Legacy you have nearly 800K triangles.  Maitreya Lara about 150K triangles.  Take each body for a test run with your computer prior to purchase to make sure you don't lag out (which means go to busy regions in the demo)...is my best advice.  I cannot run a Legacy body...I could only use it for 2D photography.  

Edited by FairreLilette

38 minutes ago, anianita67 said:

Thanks FairreLilette, that is a good advice ! 

You're welcome.  You could even make an alt and test the demos in busy places on your alt rather than your main in case you might feel awkward doing this test.

The female skins do tend to be less detailed and a bit more air-brushed than the male skins.  There are ways to get more details onto bodies through add-ons though.  Izzie's by Izzie Button sells add-on for the mesh bodies like tan lines for instance plus other stuff as do others who may sell freckles or more moles, etc...than what may come with a body you buy.  You can also buy mesh parts for the "female parts" as well which are also like an add-on including parts for the breasts.  I don't want to list what "female parts" are but I think those reading might get what I'm saying here.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, anianita67 said:

close to nature

6 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

Pssst....she means the "lady garden"! 

Well, she said "close to nature"...I was trying to read between the lines there.  I didn't know what she meant by "close to nature" but lol.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Well, she said "close to nature"...I was trying to read between the lines there.  I didn't know what she meant by "close to nature" but lol.  

I thought she meant a body shape that doesn't defy natural laws.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 3:01 PM, anianita67 said:

Maitreya and Slink Physique are two of the oldest bodies that are still on the market. They've had updates since release of course, but the overall shape of the mesh has not changed in years.  I can't speak for Physique as I have not tried that one but Maitreya, for all its popularity, has its flaws, anatomically-speaking. (Look at the shoulders/armpits, especially from the back, for example). 

IMO, Belleza bodies are nicer, and of the three, Freya is the most popular. You could certainly get a "classic" shape with a Freya body. Slink Hourglass would be another to try. Both are more curvy than Maitreya, though you can mitigate some of that using the sliders, if you're after a slimmer look. 

I can't comment on ebody either, but bear in mind that there's hardly any clothes for it.

It's a good idea to choose your skin as well, whilst you're testing demo bodies and heads too, so you can be sure that the skin you like works with them.

8 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

You mean like gravity?

Gravity, inertia, Young's Modulus, etc.  I keep seeing some really "ENHANCED!" body shapes and worrying about them having catastrophic structural failures.

On 4/26/2020 at 11:05 AM, anianita67 said:

I have ebody classic and I found that has too much butt to fit any of the clothes, i always have a glitch and i reduced the butt to min. .  so i want to change it.

Is there a reason why alpha-ing the butt won't work with your choice of clothing?

If it's because you're wanting to wear something very revealing in that area, are you wearing clothing designed for your particular body or for another one? And if all of that, have you tried other clothing brands? Not every mesh creator is equally skilled at rigging and weighting.

I can't think of any other reason why alpha-ing out the butt wouldn't work, but perhaps there is one.

• Like 1

A lot of interesting ideas, i demo them all except Tonic fine. I noticed as well some proportion issues with Maitreya. I demo as well Legacy, very detailed maybe I'm not so keen on the overall shape even thou its good to see smaller chest for a change and the fact that you have fewer choices for clothes. I will try to find an addon for smaller breast shapes even thou if you apply one, then clothes might not fit you anymore. 

3 hours ago, anianita67 said:

A lot of interesting ideas, i demo them all except Tonic fine. I noticed as well some proportion issues with Maitreya. I demo as well Legacy, very detailed maybe I'm not so keen on the overall shape even thou its good to see smaller chest for a change and the fact that you have fewer choices for clothes. I will try to find an addon for smaller breast shapes even thou if you apply one, then clothes might not fit you anymore. 

There is an add-on called "Simple Stuff" for smaller breasts that fit Slink Physique and (I think) at least one of the Belleza bodies. There's also one for Maitreya called V-Tech which gives a completely flat chest, though that's probably not what you're looking for.

Also Lucybody has one called Vania, which has very small breasts; I use this body as well as Maitreya and I really like it. It still fits Maitreya clothes (and Slink shoes). Only thing with this one is that the breasts are a fixed size and shape, you can't make them bigger using the sliders. However, the sliders DO affect the clothing you wear over them, which helps with anything poking through. Most clothing (for the right body) will fit over the add-on without any problem, but the opposite is not true; you can't wear clothing made for the add-on if you're not actually wearing the add-on.

But skins make a bigger difference: Pink Fuel has some "small breasts"  and "dehancer" overlays that work with their own skins to give the impression of smaller breasts; these work well with just regular bodies at small breast sizes, even without add-ons. Flamboyant Sweets also make skins with little or no breast shading.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.