The Multiple Home Rezzing Bug

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A couple of my alts' houses doubled well AFTER their lot was claimed.

I was just wondering what a region with a bunch of double houses would do to the server, especially if the region was full!  An extra 250 prims per lot!

Ouch! Can furniture get crushed?  😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I got one like that. I figured with such a big release the moles would be very busy so I left the house alone. I didn't report it, thinking if it was a common problem then it would be sorted. Next day when I logged in,  it had been resolved. I'm not sure if a mole fixed it or there was a restart for the whole region and that fixed it. Either way, don't give up a parcel you like because of that. It can and will be sorted.

• Like 2

I got a log cabin last night that has the issue. I really like the location and don't abandon because of things that can be fixed, so I contacted Live Chat this morning. Within 2 minutes of my opening the chat window, Spots Linden was on the scene to take a look. I was told that the Moles are working on it, and Spots sent a message asking one of them to swing by and check on the region. Have I mentioned how much I love Live Chat? :)  (The kid in the photo is my alt.)

Snapshot_002.png

• Like 9

Spots Linden is a busy person this morning. He said From what I can see on my end, the Moles are making decent progress and should hopefully be by your region shortly to help get this sorted out for you. It looks like the potential fix should hopefully be deployed shortly.

1317832763_SpotsLinden_001.thumb.png.ed569acd4ca52b794d526e91a06d6f97.png

Edited by Eleanor Anderton
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Logged in today and my log home was fixed, no notification. Did LL do a "fix" or just not nice enough to close tickets (which should have sent me an email)? lulz

I had to let them know this AM that I have like 3 houses rezzed lol.  They are aware there is an issue and are working on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I wonder why this release was so wonky?

staff fatigue probably.  The LDPW people have been on this project for months now.  Some of the people probably need a holiday, rest up and come back refreshed

• Like 1

I am glad they got the log houses out so soon. And with that there is bound to be some glitches. We got a lovely house by a little lake, and a large empty field in the back (totally exciting to see what will happen there). The other day our house disappeared. I filed a ticket. There is no way I'll ever abandon that place. Eight hours later the house was back AND Whitney Linden IMd to make sure it was ok. I think they are doing a great job, putting in a lot of work to create a good place to live for us. :)

• Like 7

I don't live there, I love my houseboat, and my partners Victorian, but we love riding in the new area.  So sad to see you had issues, but the Moles, as usual, are on the case.  Like Wilma, I am dying to know what they will do with the buffer zones and surrounding mountains...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I hope they are all "work from home".

The entire company is current 'work from home' -- because of California Shelter in Place order.  Apparently a lot of the Moles are WFH normally anyway -- mentioned in the last Lab Gab.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.