The Multiple Home Rezzing Bug

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, the region that I had gotten a Log Home in was really laggy, and this morning I decided to try for another one. Two out of the three homes had the multiple home razzing bugs and had been previously abandoned due to it. 

And...now I'm locked out of getting a home for 24 hours.

Just griping about it..I know, virtual world problems...maybe I'll take the time I would. have been in SL today and sew up some masks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trinity1776 said:

So, the region that I had gotten a Log Home in was really laggy, and this morning I decided to try for another one. Two out of the three homes had the multiple home razzing bugs and had been previously abandoned due to it. 

Just griping about it..I know, virtual world problems...maybe I'll take the time I would. have been in SL today and sew up some masks.

You need to file a ticket on that and be a little patient. They are working on it as fast as they can. 
We had similar problems last year during the Victorian mass release which made the servers go "bleeergh"... 

• Like 1

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

I reached out to you in world. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, that sucks. An alt got one of those jumbled houses in Alderley, I tried to reset the mailbox, but that resulted in only being directed to a web page (couldn't hold Touch for the 20 seconds). Everything ground to a halt. I logged out, logged back in 2 minutes later and now the house belongs to someone else :(

Feh. Didn't see Quartz Mole's comment.

Have just discovered that the system still thinks the parcel belongs to me, so I can't even try again for another.

Update: Logged out and went back for a 3rd time - this time the parcel was again set to my name (and the other resident had disappeared from the site) so I was able to abandon. But, whew, hope this isn't happening on a large scale!

Edited by Frigga Freidman

11 minutes ago, Edan Borrelly said:

I'd love to get rid of one of my two houses... trouble is that they are different models and I can't walk through walls... :)   I IM'd Quartz Mole, and am waiting for someone to respond.  Mask making is a good idea!

Whatever you do, don't log out! (See my comment.)

1 hour ago, Zoftig Zwilling said:

Thanks, I have to go offline because of some real world stuff. Don't know when I can get back, so I just abandoned it. Will try again when I can.

I'm not sure you are aware, so just in case: you do not have to be logged into SL for someone to come look at the issue. Next time, if it happens again, you can just file a support ticket and make sure to include the SLURL showing the location of your home. Someone can then try to resolve the issue whether or not  you are around.

I always hate to see people abandoning homes over issues that can probably be easily resolved. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Edan Borrelly said:

I contacted live chat, and they only asked which region, not the specific SLURL.

I think that may be because the bug affects the whole region. I contacted live support and had the same. after about 1,5 hour squeaky flew over the region and fixed some homes there. Yay for the fast response! :D

• Like 1

Just a habit of mine when filing support tickets (which is what I was talking about, not live chat). I always include the SLURL to make it easier for whoever is going to check out the problem, just in case they need that info (since it is not a live chat so they can't get an immediate answer from me ;) ). 

• Like 1

Looks like it *is* a rather widespread problem - an alt just got 4 houses in succession in different regions, all with the bug. None of them were in locations I wanted so I just abandoned them. I guess we'll have to wait until next week before they come up with a global/regional fix.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, MollySevens said:

I had one of these yesterday, and was tempted to just rez a house from my inventory 😀

i got it working with a reset, but rezzing..reset ..rezzing type2 ...reset.. rezzing type 3..  got annoyed a bit, abandoned, and will try monday again after there has been a look at all issues currently popping up randomly.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.