Coronavirus Response in SL Communities

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

I mean what on earth do you do with 50 packs of flour? 

Grow a bunch of weevils?   Ewwwwwwwwww!  There is no place to store that much flour for an average family without having adult weevils in your flour.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I have been in bed since I posted, and I am running a fever that lots of Paracetamol does not help against. I am absolutely not in a serious condition, I will only lie down with my eyes closed and wait until this is over. I don't bother to read anything or log in.

There is no point in seeking help, the official order is that all who's not in danger shall stay at home. I am not alone, so I am not at risk. I am just exhausted. See ya in some days, I hope.

See you when you get back. And you will get back! Because I say so! HA!

glomp.gif.184f2e07f5b331a5d64902b5c8b0d322.gif

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I read that in America, many people are stocking up on guns and ammo. Presumably they're intending to shoot it out of the air?

I thought about it, but if I touched a loaded gun I am sure it would explode or something. 

• Like 3

I live in one of the countries that has declared what we call here 'state of exception', and we've been requested to stay at home

It's been hard going to the grocery store and see that they have run out of many things, but we've been confirmed supplies are guaranteed. I have plenty of stuff for  both of us and my animals here, at least for a month

What is worse is the feeling of not knowing what is going to happen. To open the windows and see such a vibrant country like mine, so quiet and empty

I just want to thank our doctors, nurses, police, the people working at the stores, bus drivers... People who are not locked at home so we can be safe and can have the minimum services. People talk about heroes: they are the true heroes to me today

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I know everyone's worried but things like this, or Garnet's story of the guy who swept literally every bottle of hand wash from a newly, fully stocked display into his trolley, cannot be "normal" panic buying, surely. There must be some sort of mental health condition underlying it. 

I'm not worried. We're a First Nations and mixed couple surrounded by Mexicans in a town of... well, as of the census of 2010, there were 21,083 people. Almost too far away from the metro area to be growing. The people here are just now clearing the shelves in the stores... I'm sorry but toilet paper is about the worst substitute for kleenex you can find short of sandpaper. Paper towels are softer. And you can dampen the paper towel to make it even easier on your sore nose. And that was the Safeway. Didn't go to Wally World but a few days ago they were stocked up. So there are a few here starting to panic a little but people seem mostly calm. At least on the outside.

14 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

I'm just wondering that if I somehow contract it, and need to stay in...what am I gonna do with my dog? She still needs to go out for walks.

Outdoors is probably the safest place. Unless maybe you roll on the ground or rub up against walls.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I'm not worried. We're a First Nations and mixed couple surrounded by Mexicans in a town of... well, as of the census of 2010, there were 21,083 people. Almost too far away from the metro area to be growing. The people here are just now clearing the shelves in the stores... I'm sorry but toilet paper is about the worst substitute for kleenex you can find short of sandpaper. Paper towels are softer. And you can dampen the paper towel to make it even easier on your sore nose. And that was the Safeway. Didn't go to Wally World but a few days ago they were stocked up. So there are a few here starting to panic a little but people seem mostly calm. At least on the outside.

Selene, I live in a First World country too and believe me, when something like this hits your country, people go crazy. It has taken me two days to get toilet paper... 

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Don't use paper towels or kitchen roll instead of toilet paper. They are bad for blockages as the paper isn't meant to disintegrate; quite the opposite. The last thing anyone needs to cap off this, well, s***show is blocked toilets bringing everything back up. If you do run out, it would be better just to wash yourself somehow.

2 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Selene, I live in a First World country too and believe me, when something like this hits your country, people go crazy. It has taken me two days to get toilet paper... 

First world and First Nations aren’t the same thing. She’s referring to indigenous people - the nation was theirs first (and should still be... they actually cared about the land).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Haselden said:

I got two weeks off from my college courses because of this virus.... Of course second life would make fun of something like this and not even delete the thread.

Move along. Or report the thread. Or report the thread and move along, if it offends you. The rest of us are chewing the fat, discussing, stress relieving, counselling, whatever it takes to get through the crisis.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Haselden said:

I got two weeks off from my college courses because of this virus.... Of course second life would make fun of something like this and not even delete the thread.

Haselden, we really need a bit of humour in these situations. And believe me, I'm in the epicenter of the crisis right now... If we don't laugh, it's going to be worse

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Ohhh fave episode is that one when they come round after playing Better Than Life ! Or is it the Polymorph one? Or the Hexvirus.  

No, it's Gunmen of the Apocalypse. 

Holo-virus one is Quarantine and much as I love it, I don't think I want to watch it right now. Or actually maybe I should, in the spirit of using humour to quell fear...

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Don't use paper towels or kitchen roll instead of toilet paper. They are bad for blockages as the paper isn't meant to disintegrate; quite the opposite. The last thing anyone needs to cap off this, well, s***show is blocked toilets bringing everything back up. If you do run out, it would be better just to wash yourself somehow.

I never said to flush the durn things. I did specify blowing your nose I think, not wiping your butt. 

I wouldn't toss it in the loo anyway. That's what the plastic bags and the trash cans are for. 

Sometimes being broke all the time isn't such a bad thing because you learn about that kind of thing whether you want to or not.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

First world and First Nations aren’t the same thing. She’s referring to indigenous people - the nation was theirs first (and should still be... they actually cared about the land).

It's ok Beth. We understood each other. That's the important part. :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I just read about  Italians quarantined but out on their balconies singing to each other.   I thought that seems a beautiful thing and a wonderful way to cope with it all

I watched that clip. As usual these days, I cried.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I just read about  Italians quarantined but out on their balconies singing to each other.   I thought that seems a beautiful thing and a wonderful way to cope with it all

I was watching some clips of them doing that on VVO. It's wonderful how the neighbors will join in. And most of them can really sing!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I could go out on my patio and sing for my neighbors but that’d just be cruel. 🤪

Earlier I was think about gathering up some large gravel so I'd have some rocks to throw at the neighbor's mobile homes to get their attention and yell at each other from our windows.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.