Who are my alts?

Oct Oyen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Oct Oyen said:

Does LL provide a list of alts created with same email address? If they don't, then how do I find them? Thanks.

They don't, and there is no way to find them.

In fact, that information is considered confidential, and its publication would constitute a violation of the TOS and community standards.

If you are searching, as you seem to be suggesting, for your own alts, the only way may be to go through the emails in that account and look for any from LL that relate to them (as, for instance, an initial email notifying you of the creation of the account).

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

12 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Search your e-mails for registration confirmation mails?

They've been deleted a decade ago. I would look into viewer's chat history if I still have the old harddrives.

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

They don't, and there is no way to find them.

In fact, that information is considered confidential, and its publication would constitute a violation of the TOS and community standards.

If you are searching, as you seem to be suggesting, for your own alts, the only way may be to go through the emails in that account and look for any from LL that relate to them (as, for instance, an initial email notifying you of the creation of the account).

Didn't LL say that they will start charging for idle accounts? I wonder how they are going to do that without violating TOS.

No biggies, they were all business bots.

12 minutes ago, Oct Oyen said:

Didn't LL say that they will start charging for idle accounts? I wonder how they are going to do that without violating TOS.

No, that's not true at all.

What you may have heard about is Tilia's inactivity fee, which only applies if you have a $US balance on your Tilia account (you have sold L$ on the exchange but haven't processed all the way to your bank) but aren't touching it at all. The inactivity fee will be deducted from your account's $US balance, until it is 0.

Your L$ or your bank will never be charged.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

What you may have heard about is Tilia's inactivity fee, which only applies if you have a $US balance on your account but aren't touching it at all. The inactivity fee will be deducted from your account's $US balance, until it is 0.

Yes, that was it. I'll just let those ghost alts of mine retire on LL servers. Thanks all.

35 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

and there is no way to find them.

i think this is partly incorrect ...

if you know and still have the email adresses, you can get the names by using the "forgot name"  function.
After every recovered name, move it to a new email, and when using the "forget name"again, you can get next name that's been on that same email adress.
I think however as soon you get a account "on hold"  you''ll be stuck till that one is released by support, because i think you can't port such account to a new email adress.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i think this is partly incorrect ...

if you know and still have the email adresses, you can get the names by using the "forgot name"  function.
After every recovered name, move it to a new email, and when using the "forget name"again, you can get next name that's been on that same email adress.
I think however as soon you get a account "on hold"  you''ll be stuck till that one is released by support, because i think you can't port such account to a new emaRe

Really! Wow, I didn't know that.

I've never had more than one account per email, so that's not something I've tried. Interesting!

7 hours ago, Oct Oyen said:

Does LL provide a list of alts created with same email address? If they don't, then how do I find them? Thanks.

on Windows, look in

C : \ Users \ "YourWindowsUserName" \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife

in this folder, there are sub-folders named for each SL account created (at least on this computer)

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Oct Oyen said:

*deleted* - I duplicated what others had said and didn't read properly the OP's situation. Whupps. Apologies.

Edited by Marigold Devin
duplicating information already given

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1497 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.