What are you listening to?

8 minutes ago, Ina Fairport said:

Iconic record session and an all Dutch rhythm section. I can listen to it all day !

Piano  Pim Jacobs
Bass Ruud Jacobs
Drums Han Bennink

It is great to see the rapport between them as they work together, in particular when Wes and the Pianist work together on the progression around 15 minutes in.

It is no wonder Wes is so highly regarded and influential, even though his life cut short tragically early.

• Like 1

New song by aespa - yah it's kpop but they're usually a bit experimental in what they do. I am not sure I like the song but it's intriguing to listen to and to watch the video. I'll also give a minor trigger warning that it opens up with a pretty uncomfortable shot of someone falling, one that turns out harmless in the end but... yah. You have been warned.

Steve Albini died :( He produced the original In Utero by Nirvana and also was in Big Black...this is from one of my favourite totally peeved with the world albums ever - and always makes me go bananas when it comes up on my exercise bike playlist!

He also produced this AMAZING album 🔥

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Steve Albini died :( He produced the original In Utero by Nirvana and also was in Big Black...this is from one of my favourite totally peeved with the world albums ever - and always makes me go bananas when it comes up on my exercise bike playlist!

He also produced this AMAZING album 🔥

I see a lot of tributes to him.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

51 years later
Same Bassplayer   Ruud Jacobs and drums Han Bennink

They play a composition of Misha Mengelberg ;  "Driekusman Total Loss" 

The same guys with Piet Noordijk on alto sax were a sensation at the Newport Festival in the 60ties as completely unknown musicians at that time in the USA

Edited by Ina Fairport
  • Like 2