What are you listening to?

32 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Indeed. I remember first hearing the Chopin #15 nocturne when I was about 14 and feeling overwhelmed by the melodic line and the cascading harmony. I had an LP recording of the nocturnes by Svaitoslav Richter for many years -- loaned to my sister who, sadly, misplaced it -- but this Horowitz performance is much more emotional than I remember Richter's being.

I agree with you. Richter was very impressive but I prefer the more romantic approach of Horowitz.

Confession. Sometimes when I am semi zoning to some editing or forum reading, I throw on some video game soundtrack with oomph behind it. Something like the Theme for the Imposter King can turn everything epic.

Click.

Click.

*DA DA DA DAAAAAa - ANGELS START SINGING, THE WORLD ACOUSTICALLY ENDS IN A FINAL STAND*

"Yup. That about sums up reddit today."

Click.

... Click.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Here's an unexpected find ....

Take Five - Public Piano Performance at a Castle Gate in Okinawa, Japan  :   Jacob Koller

aaf585ded978b64199ac030b13627c0f.png

There are a lot of jazz fans in japan.

Here is the full album "Jazz impressions of Japan "

Edited by Ina Fairport
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I see your Bubbly K-Pop and raise you some Bubbly J-Pop.

Well, well - I'll raise you some bubbly ... cpop? Is that actually a thing? Dunno. I raise you with a Hong Kong musician, first debuted in Korea, here singing in English about a Chinese ghost love story. Also most dramatic clothing scene ever.

Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ValKalAstra said:

Well, well - I'll raise you some bubbly ... cpop? Is that actually a thing? Dunno. I raise you with a Hong Kong musician, singing in english about a chinese ghost love story. Also most dramatic clothing scene ever.

I fold, otherwise you'll be calling my bluff and all I really have in my hand is J-Rock (not J-Pop).

..staying with Poker metaphors, that is.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I fold, otherwise I'll be calling your bluff and all I really have in my hand is J-Rock (not J-Pop).

..staying with Poker metaphors, that is.

And here I was ready to counter with this glorious loreal commercial:

I'd chip in for poker puns but I'm genuinely blind to what any two cards in the game even mean, so before i accidentally shorthand you, I happily fold!

• Thanks 1