Cost Of Name Changes Out Of The Bag

Jimbo Mimulus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, SlyDog4 said:

How about... No lol. The price is ridiculous. They should have offered premium members a one time name change for free for spending their cash on linden AND for premium membership. Linden should honestly be ashamed of themselves.

I think the thinking goes that SL's a luxury, not a necessity therefore, it's deemed a bit silly of us to complain. I do hear you, though - have even thought along similar lines myself on occasion but then realized nothing's forcing me to stay in SL so if I don't like it, I can either lump it or leave. Death, taxes and greed are about all one can rely on in life - until something better comes along.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SlyDog4 said:

How about... No lol. The price is ridiculous. They should have offered premium members a one time name change for free for spending their cash on linden AND for premium membership. Linden should honestly be ashamed of themselves.

Yeah - you could probably buy at least two calendars for the name change fee, and some people seem to need them pretty badly.

• Thanks 1

People don't get killed, banned or fined if they (accidentally) reply in an older thread.
So what is the problem?

Edited by Sid Nagy
I almost forgot to do it.
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

I have been in other forums where threads automatically lock after 30 days (or some other definite time frame), and so wish that was applied everywhere.~

10 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

People don't get killed, banned or fined if they (accidentally) reply in an older thread.
So what is the problem?

I think if a thread is still a relevant topic that I don't see a problem with it. I can't imagine 30 threads about the name change cost being too high especially if the threads were locked after 30 days. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

And after 15 pages, it's been talked about, debated, argued about ad naseum.

But not by the person who added the comment. :) Just because they were late to the game doesn't mean that their opinion isn't valid.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.