The Pirate DJ Treaty of Bellisseria

Devin Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's Sunday and I'm sure Patch has other things to do than check the forums today. 

The questions regarding this are here now and I'm confident he'll be around tomorrow to give us an answer, or let us know this is under discussion. 

Can we please not turn this into a poo-fest that a Linden has  to come in and put a stop to on a Sunday? Please? Pretty please?

• Like 5

Actually IMHO an organized party guild as presented is nothing more but a commercial music club - a vagabonding commercial club with no home, but a commercial club none the less.

But finally it is up to the Lindens to decide wether this one is stepping the line or not.

Edited by Fionalein

Hi. I booked him upon majority request of the group when I was asking for DJ recommendations. I was told by Missy Mole that performers could rez their tip jars when she was discussing set up with me. Happy to clarify that for you. You guys should really ask the moles or lindens for further clarification. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

Hi. I booked him upon majority request of the group when I was asking for DJ recommendations. I was told by Missy Mole that performers could rez their tip jars when she was discussing set up with me. Happy to clarify that for you. You guys should really ask the moles or lindens for further clarification. 

So there are exceptions after all. Thanks for the additional info, Gingir. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

We just DID ask. 😄 Like Beth said, though, I hope we can all stay civil (I think we all actually, were, LOL). and that a Linden won't have to come out on a Sunday, and close this thread. I don't think that will be necessary, though. Way I see it, we're just discussing some edge-cases that either might need some refinement, or at least some clarification, if possible.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

2000M  hmmm... how long before stacked boxes from 2000 m up rented out because... hey anything goes above 2000 M  🙄

Don't give some people ideas.  I had that happen to the 1/4 sim next to me on a private island - except they started the stacked box homes at 100 meters, ruining any sky view for my sunset.  They never rented out a single box though, and left after a month.  And I moved after the first week.

I do plan on putting a loft skybox above my houseboat, and renting it to my alt for $1L/week.  I suppose that violates the no commercial activity covenant, even if my alt's home is 3500 meters up. :)

8 minutes ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

Thank you, Gingir! 

This is all new to all of us, and we have a very unique (and amazing) community. All of these things will get ironed out, I'm sure! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

We just DID ask. 😄 Like Beth said, though, I hope we can all stay civil (I think we all actually, were, LOL). and that a Linden won't have to come out on a Sunday, and close this thread. I don't think that will be necessary, though. Way I see it, we're just discussing some edge-cases that either might need some refinement, or at least some clarification, if possible.

It's a very interesting discussion. I've not seen any signs that babysitting is needed (so far, at least). ;)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

Yes, like Sylvia said, either there really *are* some exceptions, or different things have been said thru different avenues. :) All the more reason to ask for some clarification.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DaSein Noyes said:

So much consternation about nothing

What is the big deal about sanctioned commercial activity at the fairgrounds? That's the whole point of fairgrounds. We want that

The big deal is that if something is sanctioned, that should be made public for everyone to know, not a chosen few. I'm not in any way, shape, or form saying that it shouldn't have been sanctioned. I'm still of mixed opinion on that, and it's a decision for the Lindens to make anyway. 

My issue, if we really want to go there, is special favors being given to certain groups and not every single resident of Bellisseria. Perhaps that should be in a separate thread, though, as DJs are only a part of that discussion. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

The big deal is that if something is sanctioned, that should be made public for everyone to know, not a chosen few. I'm not in any way, shape, or form saying that it shouldn't have been sanctioned. I'm still of mixed opinion on that, and it's a decision for the Lindens to make anyway. 

My issue, if we really want to go there, is special favors being given to certain groups and not every single resident of Bellisseria. Perhaps that should be in a separate thread, though, as DJs are only a part of that discussion. 

My 2 cents to add to this

Granted I was not one of the main organizers for the 4th of July Event on Thursday... I was one of the builders though.  I don't recall our group ever being told that our DJ could rez out a tip jar (although i could be wrong on this too as I was not involved in on all the conversations).  So there definitely needs to be some clarity on this... I'm not going to dispute that they were told on Saturday they could rez out tip jars, but it certainly was not consistent nor was it made publicly known as a fairground policy.  At this point I mostly feel bad now for our wonderful DJ for 4th of July who did not have the benefit of having a tip jar out for his time.

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

My 2 cents to add to this

Granted I was not one of the main organizers for the 4th of July Event on Thursday... I was one of the builders though.  I don't recall our group ever being told that our DJ could rez out a tip jar (although i could be wrong on this too as I was not involved in on all the conversations).  So there definitely needs to be some clarity on this... I'm not going to dispute that they were told on Saturday they could rez out tip jars, but it certainly was not consistent nor was it made publicly known as a fairground policy.  At this point I mostly feel bad now for our wonderful DJ for 4th of July who did not have the benefit of having a tip jar out for his time.

As one of the main organisers of that event, I will state that there was never a policy in place for this. We were never informed of this, and neither was our dj. If true, then it's seeming like a special exception was made for a specific person rather than the community as a whole. There needs to be official Linden guidelines in place, in full view of the public, if this space is going to be usable by everyone in the community.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

if something is sanctioned, that should be made public for everyone to know, not a chosen few

I unfortunately do not remember where I saw the announcement of the fairgrounds 4th of July shindig being the first ever ... but it was officially announced around the time the fairgrounds were being completed. This was not a secret. I think maybe it was part of the notice announcing the fairgrounds being completed but I didn't take notes or anything ... I knew about it ahead of time and i"m nobody

Here you go. Announced June 25th

Edited by DaSein Noyes

7 minutes ago, DaSein Noyes said:

I unfortunately do not remember where I saw the announcement of the fairgrounds 4th of July shindig being the first ever ... but it was officially announced around the time the fairgrounds were being completed. This was not a secret. I think maybe it was part of the notice announcing the fairgrounds being completed but I didn't take notes or anything ... I knew about it ahead of time and i"m nobody

Not the event, the exception to the covenant regarding the use of tip jars. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DaSein Noyes said:

So much consternation about nothing

What is the big deal about sanctioned commercial activity at the fairgrounds? That's the whole point of fairgrounds. We want that

The "big deal" (although really, it's not... people are just asking) is that very few apparently knew that it had been communicated that tip jars were OK. If there is an official policy regarding this sort of thing at the fairgrounds, it should be made public knowledge. People can't be expected to adhere to rules they do not know about.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Not the event, the exception to the covenant regarding the use of tip jars. 

What are you talking about. There may be yardsales there and all sorts of other commercial activities. It's the whole point having it there

34 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

There are no special favors. The fairgrounds are open to ANYONE to host an event. You can petition the moles or lindens to be approved for dates. I was told, and so was the Bellisseria Community group, as we were brought there together by Patch Linden, that there would be a calendar coming soon that folks could sign up for dates to throw events. It was even spoken about in one of the live interviews with Patch Linden. 

1 minute ago, DaSein Noyes said:

What are you talking about. There may be yardsales there and all sorts of other commercial activities. It's the whole point having it there

Pretty sure yardsales arent the point of it and community events and parties are which  as was very rightfully stated may include charity events so it would be great to have an official answer. Which im sure we will. But not at a weekend. Lindens get to sleep too

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

I encourage all of you who would like to host an event to do so. You do not need to belong to Group A or Group B or even Group C to be allowed to host an event at the Bellisseria Fairgrounds. It is open for everyone. It belongs to no one but the Lindens for community use. 

Nobody here is disputing whether the fairgrounds are open for use by all groups... We are however asking for clarity on the specific policy of TIP JARS and why this seems to have been communicated by the Lindens to SOME but not ALL of the groups in regards to TIP JARS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DJs should have asked (though personally i'd not unless it was for charity where my tips went), organisers should have said, moles / lindens should have made it obvious. Lessons are learned and we move forward as a great community.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, hawksea80 said:

Pretty sure yardsales arent the point of it and community events and parties are

Oh, really. You magically know this and yet have no magical insight into tip jars. "Community Events" is a big umbrella.

Edited by DaSein Noyes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.