The Pirate DJ Treaty of Bellisseria

Devin Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, hawksea80 said:

Just to reply again I have a DJ jingle I play at the very start of all of my sets. Just introduced me. If you were at my set you'd know what im on about. I asked permission to play it because I wasnt sure if it was commercial. A jingle. With my name. Hopes we get a great answer soon but in meantime when im djing at the pickle there will be no tip jar.

A stinger/jingle introducing yourself isn't asking for an exchange of money for service. Hell, I have an entire song introducing myself, lol.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DaSein Noyes said:

Oh, really. You magically know this and yet have no magical insight into tip jars

From the link that YOU posted. Nowhere does it mention that the point is yard sales.

Next up, is an area that is going to be our first community events space called the Bellisseria Fairgrounds!  Our vision for this space is to grant communal access to an area that is clear and ready for set-up of an event.  We are going to supply the outlying basic infrastructure which includes water taxi access to the main continent, an airstrip and landing pad.  We will have a scheduling calendar and process in place where the space can be reserved in advance.  The first events already in line for use of this space will be around the 4th of July holiday coming up.  More information to come about how the reservation process will work in the near future.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Nobody here is disputing whether the fairgrounds are open for use by all groups... We are however asking for clarity on the specific policy of TIP JARS and why this seems to have been communicated by the Lindens to SOME but not ALL of the groups in regards to TIP JARS

That would probably be because this is all new and only the second event. I'm not sure which mole or linden helped set up the first event. Maybe they forgot to mention it? I'm upset at the reference to special treatment. That is just part of the whole issue with folks trying to start rumors and trouble where there shouldn't be any. The moles and lindens work hard to provide an awesome place for us all. And they're super busy. I can assure you, that the little contact we had, was just talking about who needed group invites, what dates we could set up and then just chit chatting at the party, helping us with last minute invites and bumping up the avatar allowance when we over flowed. They were awesome and I'm eternally grateful for their help but I do not want it construed that they would treat any of us differently. That's not fair to them. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

That would probably be because this is all new and only the second event. I'm not sure which mole or linden helped set up the first event. Maybe they forgot to mention it? I'm upset at the reference to special treatment. That is just part of the whole issue with folks trying to start rumors and trouble where there shouldn't be any. The moles and lindens work hard to provide an awesome place for us all. And they're super busy. I can assure you, that the little contact we had, was just talking about who needed group invites, what dates we could set up and then just chit chatting at the party, helping us with last minute invites and bumping up the avatar allowance when we over flowed. They were awesome and I'm eternally grateful for their help but I do not want it construed that they would treat any of us differently. That's not fair to them. 

Well said!!

5 minutes ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

The rumors are already flying. I'm just bringing them out in the open instead of behind closed doors. I find that's the best way to deal with these types of things and to make sure everything doesn't fall victim to the "telephone game" and get twisted in each retelling of the rumor. 

Because it wasn't conveyed that tip jars are allowed on the Fairgrounds for community events, the perception is that there was special treatment given. That doesn't mean it's the reality, so isn't it better to bring that out in the open so there can be clarification for everyone to see? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

In the future, if tip jars are to be allowed for special events, tip jars could be strategically placed around the event with a notice stating that tips are sanctioned and that all tips will be divided equally among those those providing the entertainment. 

Unfortunately, only one person (perhaps others as I'm not sure) received compensation, because not all were aware that tip jars were allowed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

In the future, if tip jars are to be allowed for special events, tip jars could be strategically placed around the event with a notice stating that tips are sanctioned and that all tips will be divided equally among those those providing the entertainment. 

Unfortunately, only one person (perhaps others as I'm not sure) received compensation, because not all were aware that tip jars were allowed.

I paid all my DJs and Singers. I work in SL. I think folks who work, put their time and effort into a job deserve to be paid. 

Edited by Gingir Ghoststar
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

From the link that YOU posted. Nowhere does it mention that the point is yard sales.

How about Patch Linden June 4:

"We have other plans in place to satisfy requests for something like a yard sale, where you could feature Linden Homes add-ons in a communal area already in place, to come soon™. "

Edited by DaSein Noyes

2 minutes ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

I paid all my DJs and Singers. I work in SL. I think folks who work, put their time and effort into a job deserve to be paid. 

vouches for this and this together with the people who tipped me directly were then donated. As I said to Gingr I was overwhelmed by the kindness the entire weekend

1 minute ago, DaSein Noyes said:

How about Patch Linden June 4:

"We have other plans in place to satisfy requests for something like a yard sale, where you could feature Linden Homes add-ons in a communal area already in place, to come soon™. "

OK, so that is one option. There are many more, though, and tbh I'm not sure why yard sales are even on point in a discussion about TIP JARS. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

I paid all my DJs and Singers. 

That's great but apparently some, at least one, also rezzed a tip jar which was sanctioned by you and the moles. So some got paid more than the other(s) because not all were aware that tip jars could be rezzed. 

I do appreciate the work you put into this event. My suggestion was for future events.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

OK, so that is one option. There are many more, though, and tbh I'm not sure why yard sales are even on point in a discussion about TIP JARS. lol

Well ... "Community Events" is a big umbrella. The only reason I brought up yardsales is because the advertising/commercial aspect of it is not debatable. I think we all agree that entertainers deserve to be paid. It's more work than dancing, right?

Just now, DaSein Noyes said:

Well ... "Community Events" is a big umbrella. The only reason I brought up yardsales is because the advertising/commercial aspect of it is not debatable. I think we all agree that entertainers deserve to be paid. It's more work than dancing, right?

No, let's argue about dancing now! (KIDDING!)  ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.