Unable to find new 2019 Linden homes listing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I signed up for a premium account.  I was interested in getting one of the new 2019 Linden homes.  I followed the instructions of logging into my account, going to the 'get your new home' and found that the 2019 homes are not listed there, only the old ones from 2010. I've hit refresh, read through various Second Life wiki pages, etc and I cannot find anywhere that shows the listing for the new Linden labs homes.  I understand that many of the homes are sold out or taken and you might 'sold out' message, but I can't even find any such listings for the new 2019 homes.  Can someone please help me, or direct me where to get these listings to come up on my account? Thank  you.

Prudence

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

You go to the page where you have been seeing the old homes, and check the dropdown box to see if anything comes up for Bellisseria. Unfortunately, the old ones are likely all you will see there for the time being, as the new homes are pretty much sold out. If you are lucky, an abandoned one might pop up now and then, but you have to be really quick to catch it. General opinion is that another release is coming up sometime in June, but nothing official has been announced yet. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2

They have been all gobbled up, there are none available right now :(  You can try to refresh the page, repeatedly, for hours upon hours, until your soul is sucked into the endless abyss, quenching for that sweet sweet houseboat or traditional home.  Some people are lucky and get one.   That all relies upon other people abandoning theirs though, and competing with other people trying to get them. 

There is light at the end of the tunnel though, they are building more :) As far as I know, there is no ETA, but it seems to be a priority.  

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 4

::laughs::  Okay, thank you. I thought perhaps I was not being directed to the right area, since I couldn't even see anything mentioning the new area on the listings. So its happen chance it might pop up.

I do know there is a huge area being worked on way up in the northeast on the world map. I spotted it the other day and its similar to the new Bellisseria area. The sims are unnamed yet and the continent is closed to the public. But it looks like it might be only weeks away until this region opens to premium members.  Time to hurry up and wait.

• Like 1

Just now, PrudenceAnton said:

::laughs::  Okay, thank you. I thought perhaps I was not being directed to the right area, since I couldn't even see anything mentioning the new area on the listings. So its happen chance it might pop up.

I do know there is a huge area being worked on way up in the northeast on the world map. I spotted it the other day and its similar to the new Bellisseria area. The sims are unnamed yet and the continent is closed to the public. But it looks like it might be only weeks away until this region opens to premium members.  Time to hurry up and wait.

Keep an eye on this thread, it will let you know when there are more available.  

They really are putting a lot of effort into this project, which is why they are being taking so quickly :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, PrudenceAnton said:

If it is what I am thinking it is, that is their work area. They work up there and then bring the section down to Bellisseria. Go to the Land Forums, then to Linden Homes and click on the thread called SSP.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PrudenceAnton said:

The SSP regions? That is where the moles are building things before they move them over to Bellisseria. It's like a big sandbox for them, where they can test everything first. :)

• Like 2

🤦‍♀️ 

You will know if a new linden home is avaliable. It will say Bellisseria in the box. Atm it has meadowbrook or whatever as the first option, as soon as a new home is avaliable Bellisseria will become the first option you see. 

Name it fast dont be picky .... hit next ... tick terms box and accept then cross your fingers it hasnt gone.

• Like 4

Well that explains what I am seeing then.  Lets hope this is a new, nearly complete area to be moved into that area in the near future. The design is different from what is open to premium members in the Bellisseria continent.

• Like 1

They should be releasing very soon or at least by the 24th since that is when the new changes take effect.

If they fail to release them this month however, we will have to make do with the increased group slots and offline IMs and old linden box as a booby prize oops I mean, perk.

Id mention the price hike but im taking the offer to keep my current rate for another year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ananoelle said:

🤦‍♀️

You will know if a new linden home is avaliable. It will say Bellisseria in the box. Atm it has meadowbrook or whatever as the first option, as soon as a new home is avaliable Bellisseria will become the first option you see. 

Name it fast dont be picky .... hit next ... tick terms box and accept then cross your fingers it hasnt gone.

@PrudenceAnton

Have that great name ready to log in, while you are waiting for Bellisseria to show up available.

PS...dont take one of the other options as you have to vacate that home before you can move.  

Edited by CheriColette
added tag
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Cornelius Collazo said:

Why don't they just create a waiting list for people that want houseboats, and give them out in order requested?  Aggravating to find out that some have been released just to see they are all gone.

They are also working on other brand new themes of housing.  Perhaps people who think they want a houseboat now will end up really wanting one of the new theme housing instead, or perhaps someone currently in a houseboat will want to move to the new theme housing when in becomes available, which would free up a houseboat at that time.

My understanding is that the last release of just 709 houseboats was an unplanned extra release of houseboats due to the demand, and that the time spent for that resulted in time being taken away from working on the next new theme. 

The problem with I see with lists is that they take time to be kept current, and people tend to not be good about letting the list keeper know when their situation has changed and what they applied for is no longer what they want.   

3 hours ago, Cornelius Collazo said:

Why don't they just create a waiting list for people that want houseboats, and give them out in order requested?  Aggravating to find out that some have been released just to see they are all gone.

Would be great if having sold out you could have the option on the same page to 'reserve' the desired style ( houseboat, traditional, whatever) and you get put in a queue. Then when one is available you get an email notification (and inworld notification) that 'your home is now available' and that you have to abandon your current home if you have one, and log in to your online account (as normal for homes) and accept it within a time frame, say 48 hours or something (the notification will state all this). If the person doesn't do that they lose it and it goes back in the pool for the next person. That way at least people could feel they have a chance to get what they want, and probably wouldn't mind waiting for it.

Ahhh...dreams and wishes....:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Would be great if having sold out you could have the option on the same page to 'reserve' the desired style ( houseboat, traditional, whatever) and you get put in a queue. Then when one is available you get an email notification (and inworld notification) that 'your home is now available' and that you have to abandon your current home if you have one, and log in to your online account (as normal for homes) and accept it within a time frame, say 48 hours or something (the notification will state all this). If the person doesn't do that they lose it and it goes back in the pool for the next person. That way at least people could feel they have a chance to get what they want, and probably wouldn't mind waiting for it.

Ahhh...dreams and wishes....:)

and how are you going to determine who gets the house first?... this system would even less fair than the "go on luck"way as it is now. .. and keep free homes in escrow for two days??? you really want riots...

Edited by Fox Wijaya

3 hours ago, Fox Wijaya said:

no you only want to hide your gf's from eachother :)  baaadddddd :SwingingFriends:

Its hard to handle more than two at a time.  There are more females than males in SL, and we men have to step up and do our part. 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Hmmm.... I wonder if an existing old Linden home owner will need to abandon their home before they can see if a new option is available....

My kitties would hate to go back into inventory while they wait!

Anybody know how that works?🐱

Nope you dont need to abandon first. You will see it. If you have enough avaliable tier then you can claim it. If not then abandon then claim. 

3 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

Nope you dont need to abandon first. You will see it. If you have enough avaliable tier then you can claim it. If not then abandon then claim. 

i'm', not sure.. as you only can have one Linden Home it might be hard coded so you'r not able to pick a new one while you have a old one, having enough tier might only work when you own a mainland parcel.
Also when the new batch is released, it will be announced most likely, be ready! They will be gone very soon again.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ananoelle said:

I have never seen this to be true (multiple occassions). Whenever I had an old 512 linden home (plus available tier) and logged into my account dashboard the 'claim your home' button was not available, so I couldn't see which themes and styles were available. As soon as I abandoned my home it was. I submitted a suggestion to LL via Jira to ask this be made possible but they said it wasn't possible at this time.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.