Unable to find new 2019 Linden homes listing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They can't do that without removing half of the homes on each region.  How do they handle that if more than half of the homes are claimed by someone?

Those hold homes were built in the days of 15k prim SIMs.  Mainland SIMs have 22.5k prims now; spread the new 7500 prims around. 

17 minutes ago, Erwin Solo said:

Those hold homes were built in the days of 15k prim SIMs.  Mainland SIMs have 22.5k prims now; spread the new 7500 prims around. 

Comment removed as not really applicable because Fox (below) reminded us that the extra LI is already available to the homes

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Erwin Solo said:

the linden homes also were upped in their primlimits as any other mainland sim .. not sure where you get your 7500 prims from... every 512 parcel has 175 Li.

Edited by Fox Wijaya
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They can't do that without removing half of the homes on each region. 

i think it was Abnor Mole explaining in another thread earlier, this wouldn't be as easy as thought, the way the homes are achored ( because they don't have the root at the parcel, it would be a hell of a job to redo all old home sims  ..move objects, re parceling, moving anchors .. would be more time consuming ( however the new releases also take some time) than build new sims.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Give it time.  I wouldn't be surprised to see an upcoming theme with homes that are more open.

It's common for a new builder to try to make ceiling heights proportional to what's reasonable in RL.  They just don't understand how the 'float behind' camera changes things.  

Edited by Erwin Solo
Made more politically correct

1 hour ago, Erwin Solo said:

It's common for a new builder to try to make ceiling heights proportional to what's reasonable in RL.  They just don't understand how the 'float behind' camera changes things.  

Yes, it is definitely an issue with the default camera position and for tall avatars.  Many of us have reset out camera for a better angle, which makes shorter & smaller rooms okay for us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Many of us have reset out camera for a better angle, which makes shorter & smaller rooms okay for us.

Yeah, but the Linden Homes should be entry-level new-avatar-friendly designs.  It just makes no sense that one needs to adjust their camera from defaults to tolerate a Linden Home entry-level build.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fox Wijaya said:

the linden homes also were upped in their primlimits as any other mainland sim .. not sure where you get your 7500 prims from... every 512 parcel has 175 Li.

22500 - 15000 = 7500. The 512 sqm lots increased their allocations proportionally with the region increase.  There remains a presently unused proportional increase in land-impact capacity in the landscaping areas, which can be reallocated by multiple techniques.  Further, mature technology exists for 30k prim regions.

13 minutes ago, Erwin Solo said:

Yeah, but the Linden Homes should be entry-level new-avatar-friendly designs.  It just makes no sense that one needs to adjust their camera from defaults to tolerate a Linden Home entry-level build.

Heck, I date from 2005, former Island owner/content creator. Hardly a new avatar. The camera does so much adjustment and that's it. Those new home only work when I am a cat. And even then, I find them claustrophobic!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Erwin Solo said:

22500 - 15000 = 7500. The 512 sqm lots increased their allocations proportionally with the region increase.  There remains a presently unused proportional increase in land-impact capacity in the landscaping areas, which can be reallocated by multiple techniques.  Further, mature technology exists for 30k prim regions.

Region size = 65,536 and there can be 128 512 sqm parcels per region.
Old allocation of 117 LI  per 512 resulted in (117x128) 14,975 LI per region (the 117 was a rounding)
New allocation of 175 LI per 512 results in (175x128) 22,400 LI per region (175 is also a rounding)
Thus when the old homes were increased from 117 to 175, they were getting the increase because the overall region LI was increased.

While the mature technology exists for 30k LI regions folks have to pay extra for that.  I would guess that those regions, along with the double LI regions are on different underlying servers, probably a bit beefier servers or servers running fewer regions per server or something like that.  If that is the case, then all of the old Linden Home regions were have to be moved to new servers before their LI could be increased.  That much work most definitely is not happening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Old allocation of 117 LI  per 512 resulted in (117x128) 14,975 LI per region (the 117 was a rounding)
New allocation of 175 LI per 512 results in (175x128) 22,400 LI per region (175 is also a rounding)
Thus when the old homes were increased from 117 to 175, they were getting the increase because the overall region LI was increased.

The Linden Homes regions are not 100% full of homes.  The landscaping areas got more capacity also, but the landscaping did not increase.  There is some level of free capacity to set some level of prim bonus on the lots with homes.  

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

While the mature technology exists for 30k LI regions folks have to pay extra for that.  I would guess that those regions, along with the double LI regions are on different underlying servers, probably a bit beefier servers or servers running fewer regions per server or something like that.  If that is the case, then all of the old Linden Home regions were have to be moved to new servers before their LI could be increased.  That much work most definitely is not happening.

We get moved around from virtual server to virtual server every time a region restarts.  Most server farms are virtual machines running on a hypervisor these days.  The physical and logical processors have a loose relationship, and performance is whatever its tuned to be.  We don't really know much about LL's setup, but I wouldn't limit your mind by thinking of the old X regions per processor core thinking.  

47 minutes ago, Erwin Solo said:

The Linden Homes regions are not 100% full of homes.  The landscaping areas got more capacity also, but the landscaping did not increase.  There is some level of free capacity to set some level of prim bonus on the lots with homes.  

We don't know the specifics of how those regions are set up or what is required under the covers to change the default spec of 175 LI per 512 sqm.  Just because the entire region possibly has spare LI doesn't mean that it can "easily" be allocated to the house parcels.  Easily is the operative word there, because LL is not going to spend lots of time changing something that is going away in 1-2 years.

35 minutes ago, Erwin Solo said:

We get moved around from virtual server to virtual server every time a region restarts.  Most server farms are virtual machines running on a hypervisor these days.  The physical and logical processors have a loose relationship, and performance is whatever its tuned to be.  We don't really know much about LL's setup, but I wouldn't limit your mind by thinking of the old X regions per processor core thinking.  

Yes, but VMs are typically set up with rules regarding what can move around where and folks tend to group things together.  I wouldn't at all be surprised if LL has VM farms that are more powerful than other VM farms and they may restrict certain regions or region types to specific farms.  Just because some regions are capable of double LI doesn't necessarily imply that all of them are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We don't know the specifics of how those regions are set up or what is required under the covers to change the default spec of 175 LI per 512 sqm.

On a private region one just uses the object bonus settings.  I know some mainland lots are set up this way (e.g., the Horizon villages).  See 

1 hour ago, Erwin Solo said:

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Region size = 65,536 and there can be 128 512 sqm parcels per region.

little addition... i don't see the Li of the homes in the calculations here.... we'll have to put those anchors somewhere too  :)  those are on the non parceled parts of the sim, with the landscaping and few little other thins that are put there.
At a random LH sim i see homes with 87, 83 and 93Li .. those are on the public land anchored. The density of the homes is a lot higher than the new ones, on the old ones that will for sure hit the available free Li quite hard. A fast count showed 40 homes, and together with the landscaping i'm thinking the LH homes are already on 30k sims... but not having a lot of of room to assign more, because there isn't more.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

little addition... i don't see the Li of the homes in the calculations here.... we'll have to put those anchors somewhere too  :)  those are on the non parceled parts of the sim, with the landscaping and few little other thins that are put there.

The calculations are a distraction.  The SIM capacity went up.  The increased capacity was partially allocated, leaving a residual which could be easily allocated with existing techniques. 

10 hours ago, Erwin Solo said:

Changing the default is what I'd do if I was in charge.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.