New homes, new price

Sylvia Tamalyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

At any rate, the process functions exactly the same for all of us, which is pretty much the definition of "fair". 

In one sense, yes.  But in these conditions of scarcity of desirable lots, the current process is skewed in favor of those who have the free time to "baby-sit" a browser, so they can respond quickly when a rare Bellesseria lot appears.  Those of us who are busy in RL for most of the day are going to have to wait until the scarcity eases, which may not be for a few months.  A process where you register for a type of lot, and LL notifies you when your name comes up (whether that be in chronological order of registration or lottery),  may seem more 'fair' to busy folks.  Of course, this is just idle speculation; it is what it is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

In one sense, yes.  But in these conditions of scarcity of desirable lots, the current process is skewed in favor of those who have the free time to "baby-sit" a browser, so they can respond quickly when a rare Bellesseria lot appears.  Those of us who are busy in RL for most of the day are going to have to wait until the scarcity eases, which may not be for a few months.  A process where you register for a type of lot, and LL notifies you when your name comes up (whether that be in chronological order of registration or lottery),  may seem more 'fair' to busy folks.  Of course, this is just idle speculation; it is what it is.

I think it's more luck than anything else, and luck is random. For any of us, it's a matter of being there at the right time, not being there ALL the time.

I have a very busy, full time job in RL myself, and it only took a few days of very occasional refreshing to score a houseboat; my point being that it really doesn't require babysitting a browser all day. Without having actual knowledge one way or the other, I'd be willing to bet that many current homeowners in Bellisseria are busy in RL as well. But yes, it is what it is. Everyone will get a home, it just won't be right now is all. :)

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

the current process is skewed in favor of those who have the free time to "baby-sit" a browser

I suppose if you are technically deficient you might need to "baby-sit" a browser... F5... F5... F5... etc5...

But... if you use an auto refresh tool and just set your computer alarm loud you can go do all your busy things... even if you work full time presumably you come home at some point...

My house I got while SLEEPING yes I said that... SLEEPING... presumably everyone sleeps...

Set the auto refresh... set the alarm loud... and yes got my butt out of bed as quick as possible. And I am a very busy person otherwise... so I find the whole argument about being too busy a bit uncompelling.

I will add that I landed 5 houses that way... I kept 2 the other 3 I threw back into the pool. And landing those homes I landed by taking the advice of helpful people on the forums.

Everyone gets a fair chance in the sense that all those tools and strategies are at all our fingers if we are willing to use them... if you aren't willing then yes you are at a disadvantage but by your own choice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2019 at 5:34 PM, Chic Aeon said:

There WAS a time long before that when there was some kind of offer from LL to pay a fee and have membership including stippend forever. This has been discussed here in the past but I don't know anyone still here that had that to ask so cannot verify that personally.  

Yes it was a real thing.  I knew a gentleman that paid a one time fee for a lifetime membership with stippen. 

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

There will be another batch of stuff coming out soon -- my personal guess is things will be released around the end of the SL16B celebration.  Last time Patch announced that the release would be "within the next 24 hours".  That doesn't necessarily help if you can't watch the forums for most of that time.  I think it would be nice if they just gave a flat time of when the release will happen.  People can then choose if they want to skip sleep or work or whatever if they would not normally be able to get into SL during that time, but at least everyone would know ahead of time when the mad rush will happen.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

But... if you use an auto refresh tool and just set your computer alarm loud you can go do all your busy things...

My house I got while SLEEPING yes I said that... SLEEPING... presumably everyone sleeps...

Everyone gets a fair chance in the sense that all those tools and strategies are at all our fingers if we are willing to use them... if you aren't willing then yes you are at a disadvantage but by your own choice.

Well, I have to admit I'm impressed by your willingness to lose sleep to get a Linden house!  I only have 6-7 hours a night free to sleep, so I prize my precious REM time too highly to use it for SL.   By my choice, yes lol.   I do use auto refresh, of course, when I'm going to be near a computer for an hour or so.  But if I'm not, I tend to spare LL's servers.

That said, yesterday I walked by my desktop and hit refresh, and ACTUALLY SAW a Bellisseria house!  I was a little shocked and flustered tho, and standing up, so didn't get thru the few keystrokes fast enough and someone else got it.  But at least I've seen the whole UI now, so will be able to move a little faster the next time homes are released.

And Lil, I agree with you.  I'd be surprised if they actually released new houses during SL16B, tho I have hopes that Patch might announce the next batch on Monday.  Fingers crossed :)

• Like 2

Just now LL charged me 99 US$!!

on 24th of March i booked for 3 month. As soon as I heard of the rising prices (end of May) I upgraded to annual pay. NOW when the three months are over they should have charged 72 till 24.th of June 2020 - but they charged 99 at the same time offering that for 72 more I could prolong till 24.th of June 2020 !!

How and where can I file a ticket? Or in what way can I tell them that this is WRONG?

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

on 24th of March i booked for 3 month. As soon as I heard of the rising prices (end of May) I upgraded to annual pay. NOW when the three months are over they should have charged 72 till 24.th of June 2020 - but they charged 99 at the same time offering that for 72 more I could prolong till 24.th of June 2020 !!

How and where can I file a ticket? Or in what way can I tell them that this is WRONG?

The price changed has been active as if today for me 24th. It now says $99. If you prepaid you would have paid that $72 at the time of upgrading. That is how it worked for me. I paid a year then prepaid another year.

Such a shame this has happened. I'm guessing you are not the only one who is going to get that surprise. Did you check your account page after you renewed? You would have seen on your account page when you were paid up till. 

• Like 1

Well with my Malealr there was no problem: 15. Mai 2019 he had payed 9,50 for a month then end of May I upgraded him (like Leora) to yearly payment. Then LL waited till the monthly expired 15. June 2019 and THEN charged me 72 for the time till 15. June 2020.

Same I had expected for Leora to happen.

Well I did that before yes ... but when I prolonged for a year the price still WAS 72!! And they told me something that as soon as my old expired I would ne upgraded for 72 ... just the same as with my male alt. Only difference is when HE expired the offer was still active but I had BOOKED him for prologation on the same day as Leora.

9 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well I did that before yes ... but when I prolonged for a year the price still WAS 72!! And they told me something that as soon as my old expired I would ne upgraded for 72 ... just the same as with my male alt. Only difference is when HE expired the offer was still active but I had BOOKED him for prologation on the same day as Leora.

To prepay you pay before the fact. I prepaid my acc, my premium wasnt up for renewal until August. I chose to prepay another year and they charged me $72 there and then.

Likewise my alt. New to premium, paid one year then paid a second year at $72. 

Both occassions I was charged and billed at the same time.

Were you billed $72 when you initially switched to annual? Did you check your premium account page at any time during the last 3 weeks? If so was the option to prepay waiting for you? 

The reason your alt was fine was because his renewal was up while the prices were still at $72. 

If you read the post on changes to premium, it does say you had to the end of the day 24th before the offer expired. Techniqally you should have been fine to upgrade at $72. That all depends on what the end of the day meant to LL though. I'd class it as midnight.

If you have any trouble accessing the website, please note that it may be due to an increase in traffic and that the option will be available until the end of the day on June 24th.

• Thanks 1

If I understand you correctly, you renewed in May, before the special offer started. To get the extra year of $72, you would have had to accept the offer to add on an ADDITIONAL year at some point between June 4 - June 24. It doesn't look like you did this for your Leora account, from what you are saying here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

You had to not only select the option of changing to yearly billing, but you also had to click the little circle below that to actually authorize them to immediately charge you the $72 for the next year.  If you did not actually pay the $72 before yesterday, then you didn't actually lock in that old rate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

To get the extra year of $72, you would have had to accept the offer to add on an ADDITIONAL year at some point between June 4 - June 24.

As of today the current annual price may have gone up but you can still pre-pay for an additional year at $72 

a06208f2815d0942c0c2562da1dcf0cb.png

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

As of today the current annual price may have gone up but you can still pre-pay for an additional year at $72 

a06208f2815d0942c0c2562da1dcf0cb.png

Interesting! I don't see that screen since I already took advantage of the pre-paid discount offer. I guess they decided to extend it!

43 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Interesting! I don't see that screen since I already took advantage of the pre-paid discount offer. I guess they decided to extend it!

I am seeing it too.  I paid 2 premium accounts last week for a year and though tempting decided upcoming holiday spends were more important than saving about £20 on extending for an extra year...

mine shows this right now

b363c99f0a3fc694857ccaf0c51e664b.png

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1812 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.