The new premium home gold rush...

Pixels Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I haven't changed clothes or hair in over a week in SL. It's working on the homes or playing dressup, I haven't time for both.

If I were totally uninterested in interior and houses, I wouldn't mind a skybox as just a place to rez a posestand and backdrops, knowing they will be there when I log in again.

Or an open loft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

From a recent Linden Lab post about the Bellisseria homes in their own news feed:

"Are you ready for your new life on the Bellisseria continent? Now may be the perfect time to upgrade to Premium!  Your new home is waiting for you!"

I wish they had released more homes for us who didn't get one, but it's not a big deal for me. I can wait. I'm still a huge fan of VR worlds. A few minor hiccups along the way are to be expected. In the meantime, I'm gonna pool hop in Bellisseria. Wanna join me? lol

Bellisseria - pool hopping - 05 MAY 19_001.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RaeLeeH said:

On the flip side, how do you tell someone who pays their fees just like you or I that they can't have a house unless they plan to decorate it and regularly use it for more than just rezzing and dressing? You can't, and that's the problem.

Exactly. The people with undecorated houses pay the same fee as the rest of us, and can do what they like (even if it is nothing) with their homes as long as they stay within the covenant. Telling them to stuff some furniture in there will not make the home any more available to the waiting house hunters than it is sitting there empty. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Exactly. The people with undecorated houses pay the same fee as the rest of us, and can do what they like (even if it is nothing) with their homes as long as they stay within the covenant. Telling them to stuff some furniture in there will not make the home any more available to the waiting house hunters than it is sitting there empty. 

Perhaps there should be sims with empty plots and sky rights for them . Why not?

Edited by TimothySKing
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TimothySKing said:

Perhaps there should be sims with empty plots and sky rights for them . Why not?

Because they pay the same as everyone else and are entitled to keep the house they were able to get, whether or not they furnish it. Why segregate people who don't think the same way you do? If someone wants an empty house, that is their business. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Abnor's previous post (partially quoted below), needs to be pinned in the forum, so that people can read it and actually understand why it's been done this way, rather than just complaining.

I think pinning it is a good idea, but based on previous forum experience, less than 1% of the folks coming here to complain would read it.  

Pinning it would make it easier for the rest of us to point folks to a solid explanation that "might" help them to understand it all.  I've bookmarked the post specifically for that reason.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Milarien Silverspar said:

Depends on the time zone you're in.

Sort of - the email of the news will come right away.  Whether or not you see it right away is another story.

I'm only one hour off of the SL timezone, but because I work during the day and do not monitor my personal email from work, I tend to only see such emails in the evening after work.

• Like 1

Totally going to admit my place is only half decorated because I keep changing my mind on what decor items I want to use and oh look what dust bunny released at Fameshed oh and over here at uber and then oh what's this over here at Kustom 9.... and I've been spending a fair bit of time between the work I do in SL (yes I do some work in SL that I'm able to cash out and treat SL as work) but I also have fun on there and do some role-playing or I end up meeting someone and have spent time sitting and talking with them while both of us have a coffee irl. But yes, my house is only partially decorated due to that oh and taking pictures and setting up themes which then have me buying more items. See the cycle?

Then I'm also working on a mail system and expanding on it after talking with others. My partner is doing the coding on the system and I'm currently stress testing it and have made a few alts to test if people have very similar names or the same name just one with Resident and one with a Legacy name. 

One of those only so many things to do in the day... I take a long time to unpack in real life too. >.> So this is just mirroring my RL at the moment lol.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, IthilwenRose said:

Totally going to admit my place is only half decorated because I keep changing my mind on what decor items I want to use and oh look what dust bunny released at Fameshed oh and over here at uber and then oh what's this over here at Kustom 9.... and I've been spending a fair bit of time between the work I do in SL (yes I do some work in SL that I'm able to cash out and treat SL as work) but I also have fun on there and do some role-playing or I end up meeting someone and have spent time sitting and talking with them while both of us have a coffee irl. But yes, my house is only partially decorated due to that oh and taking pictures and setting up themes which then have me buying more items. See the cycle?

Then I'm also working on a mail system and expanding on it after talking with others. My partner is doing the coding on the system and I'm currently stress testing it and have made a few alts to test if people have very similar names or the same name just one with Resident and one with a Legacy name. 

One of those only so many things to do in the day... I take a long time to unpack in real life too. >.> So this is just mirroring my RL at the moment lol.

I keep changing my mind  too on decorations and what house to decorate.   And really that is the whole fun to me of having this new house.  So many choices.  Personally I don't care if people decorate their parcel or not.   At least there is a house there and not an empty plot.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Because they pay the same as everyone else and are entitled to keep the house they were able to get, whether or not they furnish it. Why segregate people who don't think the same way you do? If someone wants an empty house, that is their business. 

More importantly: who's going to judge what is a fully decorated house, and what isn't?

Does it has to use all the LI available? Can it have empty rooms? Does it need a fully landscaped garden?

And god forbid any given owner decides to save some LI so he can have a nice skybox as well or even a little sandbox of his own, heh? Nope, can't have that. Must fully decorate his house according to someones else totally subjective view, right?

And let's not even discuss about how much time one should spend online inside his Linden House in order to "deserve" keeping it. Let me guess: how about a huge public timer over every house telling everyone how many seconds the owner and his alts has spent there, right? Then, using a totally subjective number, we decide if that is enough or not, huh?

Seriously guys.... sigh

Edited by Marsellus Walcott
Spelling
  • Like 7

Don't twist my words, if any of you think it's something I said. In this thread, or another, I have mentioned a house and a boat in my sim. I don't go spying in peoples windows, but when they are bordering my place, I can't help noticing nothing there. And I mean they both have 351 LI still, they haven't rezzed a single prim.

Don't claim it is about "too little decorating" or "not enough gardening".. They have nothing rezzed. Period.

And I have said, there can be RL illness, or a sudden change in work or some other issue. We can not know. I just found it odd. When I mentioned it, it was because some suggested it was "greedy" or "unfair" that people who pay premium for more than one account should claim 2 places in Bellisseria.

I compared it to me, because I don't want to step aside and abandon one place to be a better person, or something like that. So I was human and said : - I have two accounts I pay for, with a plot for each. And maybe I am a bad person. But what about those who claim a place and then don't use it, not even for a dressing room with a posestand.

I was saying that there will always be someone who are irritated when there is a popular thing in high demand, and there will always be. Only thing that will make it better, is that they make so many new homes that people can pick here and there. And then it will not be so interesting anymore.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Don't twist my words, if any of you think it's something I said. In this thread, or another, I have mentioned a house and a boat in my sim. I don't go spying in peoples windows, but when they are bordering my place, I can't help noticing nothing there. And I mean they both have 351 LI still, they haven't rezzed a single prim.

Don't claim it is about "too little decorating" or "not enough gardening".. They have nothing rezzed. Period.

And I have said, there can be RL illness, or a sudden change in work or some other issue. We can not know. I just found it odd. When I mentioned it, it was because some suggested it was "greedy" or "unfair" that people who pay premium for more than one account should claim 2 places in Bellisseria.

I compared it to me, because I don't want to step aside and abandon one place to be a better person, or something like that. So I was human and said : - I have two accounts I pay for, with a plot for each. And maybe I am a bad person. But what about those who claim a place and then don't use it, not even for a dressing room with a posestand.

I was saying that there will always be someone who are irritated when there is a popular thing in high demand, and there will always be. Only thing that will make it better, is that they make so many new homes that people can pick here and there. And then it will not be so interesting anymore.

Twist your words? I sincerely hope you aren't referring to lil' ol' me. I wasn't talking about you specifically. If I were, I would have quoted you, as I'm doing right now. I'm sorry if you took it personally if that's the case. It sincerely wasn't my intention.

So, if a person puts a single prim inside his parcel, it's all good? Or two? Maybe five? Fifty? When will it be enough? Where, exactly, do we 'draw the line". Who comes up with this totally subjective number?

It's just that some people are sincerely considering "judging" who should or shouldn't "deserve" a new Linden home, based on subjective things: the use of LI and time spent there.

Which would means that now, someone MUST use his LI, or spend a minimum amount of time there, or both, in order to keep his parcel? When, since 2003, has LL enforced that?

A person could be too occupied to use his plot; He could be "between" redecorations; He could be simply "planning" how he will design his plot (heck, I personally know people who spend weeks doing this); or maybe he just wasn't in the right mood yet, etc...

That's a very dangerous line of thought.

One that makes us start looking all over Bellissaria, and "judge" who is or isn't worthy of being there for the time being. Of being "worthy" of becoming our neighbors or not. Without having any objective means of really knowing why someone did or didn't use his LI yet.

If you allow this type of thing to grow, you will end up with some sort of a "twisted witch hunt" in your hands. Is that the kind of community we want?

Again, a really dangerous line of thinking, imho.

Spelling
  • Like 4

On 5/5/2019 at 2:34 PM, Marianne Little said:

I haven't changed clothes or hair in over a week in SL. It's working on the homes or playing dressup, I haven't time for both. 

Oh man, this cracked me up. Same here. Only time I open my closet is when I accidentally add a chair to my avatar and my dress goes missing.

Edited by iBrat
  • Haha 5

I'm left wondering what the point is in having premium membership...

Not everyone in SL is a business owner and good neighbourhood rp sims are diminishing bit by bit. This could potentially be the best thing for SL in a long time, if only Linden Labs would use a bit of sense. To be honest, I am so annoyed at how difficult it is to get a new home and the unfairness of it all, that I am thinking I might as well leave for good!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Marsellus Walcott said:

Twist your words? I sincerely hope you aren't referring to lil' ol' me. I wasn't talking about you specifically. If I were, I would have quoted you, as I'm doing right now. I'm sorry if you took it personally if that's the case. It sincerely wasn't my intention.

So, if a person puts a single prim inside his parcel, it's all good? Or two? Maybe five? Fifty? When will it be enough? Where, exactly, do we 'draw the line". Who comes up with this totally subjective number?

It's just that some people are sincerely considering "judging" who should or shouldn't "deserve" a new Linden home, based on subjective things: the use of LI and time spent there.

Which would means that now, someone MUST use his LI, or spend a minimum amount of time there, or both, in order to keep his parcel? When, since 2003, has LL enforced that?

A person could be too occupied to use his plot; He could be "between" redecorations; He could be simply "planning" how he will design his plot (heck, I personally know people who spend weeks doing this); or maybe he just wasn't in the right mood yet, etc...

That's a very dangerous line of thought.

One that makes us start looking all over Bellissaria, and "judge" who is or isn't worthy of being there for the time being. Of being "worthy" of becoming our neighbors or not. Without having any objective means of really knowing why someone did or didn't use his LI yet.

If you allow this type of thing to grow, you will end up with some sort of a "twisted witch hunt" in your hands. Is that the kind of community we want?

Again, a really dangerous line of thinking, imho.

I have seen so many posters talk about how they feel judged if they don't have the house totally decorated or the garden filled. So it is not just me who takes things personal. Why someone goes that far, is beyond me. I don't judge them.

Yes, I take it personal when a mole suggested that those with more than 1 premium should perhaps take just one home. Or in another thread, that a person should not be allowed to have more than 1 premium. It is so many threads now with unhappy people, I can't keep up with them all. I am tempted to not post any pictures in here and just hide that I got something by sheer luck. I was supposed to be on a place without internet the day of the release. So I wasn't.

FYI, I took and counted 8 houseboats who has 351 Li still, in my sim three, and the rest in neighboring sims. So if I am a with, come and set me on fire. This section of the forums isn't fun anymore.

• Like 1

I'm assuming the new region will be different than the last one, what LL needs to do now is make it to where those who grabbed houses on the last region cannot come grab a new one from a new region until everyone has a house then people can switch. Just hang tight, the new ones we will ready soon. 

• Haha 1

Sorry for being so emotional. It has been bothering me, since it was first aired that alts shouldn't have a place.

I used "what about empty land" because I was feeling guilty. Like, who am I to show up my home(s) when so many are waiting. It wasn't me who raised the skybox issue, by the way.

Who can look in the mirror and say with confidence: I never use whataboutism!

Yes, I want to change home, not post any more pictures, take a break. I have been home bc of health issues, I normally don't spend so much time on SL.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I have seen so many posters talk about how they feel judged if they don't have the house totally decorated or the garden filled. So it is not just me who takes things personal. Why someone goes that far, is beyond me. I don't judge them.

Yes, I take it personal when a mole suggested that those with more than 1 premium should perhaps take just one home. Or in another thread, that a person should not be allowed to have more than 1 premium. It is so many threads now with unhappy people, I can't keep up with them all. I am tempted to not post any pictures in here and just hide that I got something by sheer luck. I was supposed to be on a place without internet the day of the release. So I wasn't.

FYI, I took and counted 8 houseboats who has 351 Li still, in my sim three, and the rest in neighboring sims. So if I am a with, come and set me on fire. This section of the forums isn't fun anymore.

I do totally understand what you mean, no hard feelings here. And no need to set anyone on fire. :P

But I do believe Abhor made a mistake when he "suggested" (and yes, that's all it was) that people should consider dropping houses.

Why?

Because, LL employee or not, whatever a mole says might be considered LL policy by some. So it's not surprising that people read it, and suddenly believe they are entitled to someones' parcel just because of said suggestion. Internet being what it is, suddenly that becomes an enforced rule to some.

It isn't. It never was. LL never forced people to use their parcel.

Worst: It divides us even more as a community. Now, we might be judging each other's "worth" of being or not an LH owner, because of what some would consider a LL mistake.

Remember: Ultimately, they are the ones responsible for the release of the new LH. And yet, here we are. "Burning witches"... (and for god's sake no! I didn't mean you! I love your posts here. I usually "like" them before even reading it, so I'm biased here)

It just saddens me... I really, sincerely, do have high hopes for Bellisseria and what its community might become. These type of things just goes against everything I hope it will be.

Spelling
  • Like 3

if a person is paying a premium for each alt then it's like a different person. Perhaps alts should be on different regions as to not take more than one house on a single region so others have an opportunity to have a home there as well.

OH I agree, I spend so much time on this thread looking to see if the new homes are out now. Anyway else to check? I try the pick your new home thing and it takes me to the old

linden homes ?I joined to get a new home or houseboat , would not have become premium otherwise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shalom1rael said:

OH I agree, I spend so much time on this thread looking to see if the new homes are out now. Anyway else to check? I try the pick your new home thing and it takes me to the old

linden homes ?I joined to get a new home or houseboat , would not have become premium otherwise. 

Try following this thread so you will get notifications when Patch posts updates:

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.