Community Areas

KasimiraMathilde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was able to get a house this round, with a sweet little picnic area just down the road. However, we cannot rez there. Is it possible for these areas to be set up like a sandbox where after a few hours everything gets automatically returned. I think it would be incredible as the community comes together, the potential to have cookouts (BBQ's) a picnic on a blanket with families would be so much fun. Any Ides if this is possible?

Picnic Area_001.png

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

I guess I lived on the mainland too long... I love to see the pristine landscape here, and would hate to see it spoiled even for a few hours

I agree. A lot of damage can be done by griefers in much less time than a few hours.

• Like 4

As has also been mentioned on other threads, these new regions are somewhat restricted in the amount of "spare" prims available, due to how much is absorbed by each parcels LI capacity, the LL homes, all the decor and landscaping etc. For this reason there are several rez-zones in the continent, but they are often in regions that aren't finished or have less-than-usual number of parcels.

Allowing people to rezz at almost any community area in the continent could possibly lead to regions running out out prims.

As an aside, aren't premium sandboxes restricted to premium account holders? If so, then this would help in them being less-likely to fill up with junk, especially from griefers. The new Bellessaria content, whilst designed for LL premium members, is totally unrestricted in terms of who can visit, therefore there's more chance of griefing activity in rezz zones.

• Like 15

Just now, Eowyn Southmoor said:

As an aside, aren't premium sandboxes restricted to premium account holders? If so, then this would help in them being less-likely to fill up with junk, especially from griefers. The new Bellessaria content, whilst designed for LL premium members, is totally unrestricted in terms of who can visit, therefore there's more chance of griefing activity in rezz zones.

Right on all counts. And to elaborate on the point you are making, anyone can not only visit, but can also rez in Bellisseria rez zones. I am not sure what the autoreturn time is for these zones, but am confident it's pretty short. Unless people want to have 10 minute picnics, it's not going to work to have open rez in the inland parks.

• Like 2

I can appreciate having things tidy and clean. But I am thinking of a bigger picture, we live in |neighborhoods now, verses tiny houses crammed together. It's a huge improvement. but if only premium members are allowed to rez (like the premium member sandboxes) if it is auto cleaned. Then why not allow for the neighbors to gather and have a good time. Auto clean should not be "needed" but we all know things get left behind. The the auto return would be a means to tidy up if it is needed. 

So I could say.. we are at the Laroux picnic area... come on down and hang out if you'd like to.

images.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KasimiraMathilde said:

I can appreciate having things tidy and clean. But I am thinking of a bigger picture, we live in |neighborhoods now, verses tiny houses crammed together. It's a huge improvement. but if only premium members are allowed to rez (like the premium member sandboxes) if it is auto cleaned. Then why not allow for the neighbors to gather and have a good time. Auto clean should not be "needed" but we all know things get left behind. The the auto return would be a means to tidy up if it is needed. 

So I could say.. we are at the Laroux picnic area... come on down and hang out if you'd like to.

images.png

The concern is more about active griefing than whether the land is "tidy". A determined griefer can make it impossible for people to even enter the region, along with causing graphics cards to crash, and all sorts of other unpleasant things. If you have not experienced that, you are lucky. :)

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 6

But you can be anywhere and a griefer can arrive and create mayhem.

I may be new to posting here, but not new to SL. Experienced this,  I have.  We can all focus on negative possibilities. But they can happen at any time and anywhere in SL. I am sure that there are a dozen reasons for the 'nots", but it's not the only way to look at things. This is only one of many ideas that will come out. All I ask is for people to keep an open mind. 

Cheer's from England,

Kasi

655156_poster_l.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KasimiraMathilde said:

But you can be anywhere and a griefer can arrive and create mayhem.

I may be new to posting here, but not new to SL. Experienced this,  I have.  We can all focus on negative possibilities. But they can happen at any time and anywhere in SL. I am sure that there are a dozen reasons for the 'nots", but it's not the only way to look at things. This is only one of many ideas that will come out. All I ask is for people to keep an open mind. 

Cheer's from England,

Kasi

Yes, that is all well and good until the griefers come and then we get 100 threads complaining about THAT. lol

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Walpurgisnacht said:

That would be a lovely idea, but it could get abused unfortunately and possibly end up looking like a fly tipper's paradise :(

I was thinking more like someone with their gacha pop up boutique like an MLM peddler at an arts and crafts show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Might be nice if there were some planned events (picnics, etc.) where LL could allow rez rights for a couple of hours and then shut it back down after the event, maybe?

I agree, if there was some type of control over it... it could work. maybe if it was simply the Lindens, setting out the items that could be used instead of allowing rez rights to the masses. As the picnic tables are grand and I am glad they are here. (but they don't account for "families").

Edited by KasimiraMathilde
  • Like 3

Just now, moirakathleen said:

The other concern is available land impact.  There is not a lot of extra available on the regions, as the Moles explained when they were explaining why not every region could have a rez zone. 

Yeah, and I can't imagine the locals being happy if they can't rez something in their own homes due to people emptying their inventories in the local park.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

With all the wearable furniture, lawn chairs to mention just one thing, there's really no reason to have to rez anything in a group area. Plus as your picture in the opening post shows you had a picnic table with seating available. You can get really cute wearable lawn chairs at What Next. That's all you really need if all the spots are taken at the picnic table. And there's lots of wearable food and drinks available.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

On the old Meadowbrook Linden home sims the picnic benches used to temp rezz while you sat on them a full picnic feast. maybe they could do the same on the new homes

I remember that also.  Perhaps there was more available extra  LI in the older home areas.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KasimiraMathilde said:

I agree, if there was some type of control over it... it could work. maybe if it was simply the Lindens, setting out the items that could be used instead of allowing rez rights to the masses. As the picnic tables are grand and I am glad they are here. (but they don't account for "families").

Yes, and it doesn’t have to many things.  Just a few to help the idea there is actually a picnic going on and not just some people sitting at a table.  Maybe only add them to a few areas - not all.  I’m sure some can think of a way to work it out.  Lots of innovative minds here.  I’m on vacation and my mind is in lazy mode /stuffed up with allergies

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The concern is more about active griefing than whether the land is "tidy". A determined griefer can make it impossible for people to even enter the region, along with causing graphics cards to crash, and all sorts of other unpleasant things. If you have not experienced that, you are lucky. :)

Damn... that's a good point. People suck sometimes.

• Like 2

Although I understand the reasoning behind not allowing rez zones for fear they would cap regions, you could theoretically get the same effect from people idling in vehicles. If vehicles are a risk we can manage, perhaps this might be too, at least on a trial basis?

I do feel that it would be a nice compromise to allow only premium members to rez in residential regions, and maintain that everyone can rez on unpopulated regions. As pointed out, it seems unlikely that someone who has paid for premium would intentionally grief. And allowing users to rez in these zones greatly increases our ability to plan and hold events without the need for monitoring or assistance by LL :)

Perhaps this could be managed by reducing the LI alotted to that parcel to ~50-100 LI remaining, so that only a few things can be out at a time. This reduces the risk of flooding regions (except by rezzing of vehicles, which is already a risk) and offers a decent amount of wiggle room for residents to host parties, rez photo aides, and flesh out role play scenarios as needed.

@Patch Linden

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.