Look what's coming....

Sylvia Tamalyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ya know...I think this is my first forum post...ever. *waves* Well, I'm really excited. I'm the only one of my friend group who managed to snag a house. I'd wanted a house boat, but I am now rather fond of my little blue cottage. So we've got another premium friend on standby to grab a house boat the minute she can, then we figure we'll share. This is the most fun I've had in SL in a while. My bank account can testify to that. 😂

• Like 9

Just for the historical record - the new houseboat regions were here on 14 May 2019. 😉
Starting from the north-east corner of Bellisseria. Expanding towards east and south.
Interesting to see do they stay there or move somewhere else.

2019-05-14_new-houseboat-regions.thumb.jpg.da2a986e98dedfb1d0a1f40d37329321.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Just for the historical record - the new houseboat regions were here on 14 May 2019. 😉
Starting from the north-east corner of Bellisseria. Expanding towards east and south.
Interesting to see do they stay there or move somewhere else.

2019-05-14_new-houseboat-regions.thumb.jpg.da2a986e98dedfb1d0a1f40d37329321.jpg

Aww, me and Azar is there, right under the text "Farragut Sound".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

Just going to put this out right here - until it's visible on the map I'm not believing it's going out east of the continent. I still think it's going to end up where the pickle is located in the original SSP work area. I could be wrong .. but I really .. really don't believe where you can see it currently is where it's going to end up!!

I would be very, very surprised if this happens.

Why? Because the moles have already started setting up each parcel. If they change its location, they would have to do it all over again. 

I believe what we are seeing now is, indeed, the final placement.

Edited by Marsellus Walcott
Spelling
  • Like 3

Spying on the new regions I can see that there are lots of very nice and excellent 32 m x 32 m parcels. 🙂
The 16 m x 64 m parcels are not so nice when there are lots of houseboats side by side. It feels a bit too tight arrangement.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marsellus Walcott said:

I would be very, very surprised if this happens.

Why? Because the moles have already started setting up the individual parcels. If they indeed change it again, they would have to do it all over again. 

I believe what we are seeing now is, indeed, the final placement.

SSP 402, 418, 434, 450, 466 - nice places. Will they be laggy, since they are facing old Bellisseria? What do you think?

Do you think it will get a new, official name? Or will it be simply Bellisseria, all of it?

I think the water sims between the new and the old will be popular for sailing.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

SSP 402, 418, 434, 450, 466 - nice places. Will they be laggy, since they are facing old Bellisseria? What do you think?

Do you think it will get a new, official name? Or will it be simply Bellisseria, all of it?

I think the water sims between the new and the old will be popular for sailing.

Laggy? Possibly, but theoretically that could be solved by lowering ones fov, right? We do get a whole sim of water, at least, between both. 

Official name? No idea, but "Pickle Island" is probably going to be its unnofficial name, at least. I mean, it even has a named bar after it, right? 😛

And yes, this will be excellent for sailing. Too bad the moles didn't open up a bit more around Pickle Island. If they did, circumventing it would probably become a thing. As it is right now, there are a few houseboats that gets in the way, which means one would have to go through it in order to get to the other side.

But yeah, that new channel looks gold for general boating.

Edited by Marsellus Walcott
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ClariceRose said:

Can someone please put a map url of a spot where I can zoom and see all of this. Thanks so much!!

Open your map and type in Evallen, Griff, Le Prince or Dorma. Teleport there. Fly east until you stop. Raise your draw distance so you can look over an empty sim of water.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

How'd you make that?

I stole the emergency floats off a helicopter and stuck the bike on top. I'm not riding in that chopper over water any more, though - not with sim crossings still being a bit iffy at times!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Marsellus Walcott said:

Do you think it will get a new, official name?

If it does, I suspect it will always remain Pickle Island to us - even if it never even materialises at the end of the day. Who could possibly ever forget all those long hours of gazing fondly at the map, F5 in hand?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Just going to put this out right here - until it's visible on the map I'm not believing it's going out east of the continent. I still think it's going to end up where the pickle is located in the original SSP work area. I could be wrong .. but I really .. really don't believe where you can see it currently is where it's going to end up!!

I was thinking the same thing last night. The area wasn't on the map yet, and I was wondering if the houseboats were just temp parked there on the east for some tweaking or just to calm down the cries of "WE WANT UPDATES" a bit.

Even this morning, when I looked at the map before going to work, that area was still showing as a void. I do still think it's possible they will scoot the new parcels over to where we expected them to go.

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

But the sims got names now. Will they really move them after that?

They had names before and they moved them, didn't they? Haven't they just changed the names?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.