Jump to content
IvyLarae

What do you all get on SL for?

Recommended Posts

Screw exploring!!!! And yes, I can't forget about *****ing my friends too.    

 

*Puts on his shades*

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Carl Thibodeaux said:

This. But cannot forget about exploring, and friends too.

Screw exploring!!!! And yes, I can't forget about *****ing my friends too.    

 

*Puts on his shades*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To play around with building things, slowly increase my skills at it, and to sort-of make a virtual life for role-play that's almost perfect. Almost, because I don't want it to be too saccharine; it needs a little sour for balance and realism, just a tiny bit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Love exciting and new, come aboard,

We're expecting you

And love, won't hurt anymore'

Anyway, Yes I'm here for the love. I love to men here and two friends. Oh yes and the writer's group, I love that. And The BDSM discussion circuit. I'm totally addicted to that. Oh and clothes. I love them. Apart from the former and pretty beaches with good radios and classy dance venues...I can't think...oh wait and cool explory places. i can't think why i keep coming back. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Musetta Fieschi said:

Love exciting and new, come aboard,

 We're expecting you

And love, won't hurt anymore'

 Anyway, Yes I'm here for the love.

 

D72875D0-E616-4ADC-89AD-C8AAAFD169CF.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 1:23 AM, IvyLarae said:

With the sky being the limit on this platform, its got me wondering what you all use it for??? Do you use it just hang out with friends? To create? Is it your RL job?

Second Life is all about creativity for me, it allows me to give wings to my imagination. So I usually use it to try to be creative in many ways, such as creating shapes, looks and poses, decorating, designing textures, landscaping and taking pictures.

I also love to admire and appreciate the creativity that other users put into their work. I'm often exploring places and visiting galleries and events.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I come to Second Life to relax, listen to music, create dance routines, create scenes, design avatars and explore. Haven't even scratched the surface on what can be done here. There are quite a few interesting discussions groups as well. Treasure hunts and other games are here as well so there's no shortage of activities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, when I first started SL I came here to try something new coming from another game which I found SL was way better I enjoy roleplay and window shopping, making friends exploring and more. I guess I get online now for trying new things since I just returned not too long ago and maybe I will look for a new job. And I love going to the different fairs that are in different sims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a creative outlet,  shopping for  new outfits, making art, putting a gallery together, posting  to Flickr, the common denominator   is  my creativity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 9:23 PM, IvyLarae said:

With the sky being the limit on this platform, its got me wondering what you all use it for??? Do you use it just hang out with friends? To create? Is it your RL job?

 

For me its a way to express myself and explore things that I simply can't/ am uncomfortable exploring in RL

  • I use it to role-play
  • Hang out with friends
  • Take pictures
  • Shop

 

What about you?

- PvP

- Tournaments

- Shop

then repeat. I'm actually starting to get too much free money at the moment though.

pC0ISWs.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Haselden said:

- PvP

- Tournaments

- Shop

then repeat. I'm actually starting to get too much free money at the moment though.

pC0ISWs.jpg

I mean....if your bothered by all that money...i would happily take care of it for you 😝😝 jk jk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 6:58 AM, Christhiana said:

Most of the times it's a music player for when I'm working in blender....

yikes, a big resource hog for just music. You must have a super computer. ; )

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lately, I just do not know.  I've been on sl for almost 12 years and I spend less and less time online... It is NOT what it used to be for sure.  ; 0 Mostly I am building or adding things to my sim but mostly I just try to clean up m inventory!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 3:11 AM, Tarina Sewell said:

lately, I just do not know.  I've been on sl for almost 12 years and I spend less and less time online... It is NOT what it used to be for sure.  ; 0 Mostly I am building or adding things to my sim but mostly I just try to clean up m inventory!

I feel the same after 10 years. I just feel more boring now... All my original friends from my first year, or even first two or three years are all gone. Those were the best years of my SL life and just some of the most fun I've had online in general.

But in all honesty.. SL has taught me many things. How to edit photos, videos, how to design, and even make money. I was able to buy my first car because of Secondlife, and a few other expensive things.

Now I don't really do *****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 10:23 PM, IvyLarae said:

With the sky being the limit on this platform, its got me wondering what you all use it for??? Do you use it just hang out with friends? To create? Is it your RL job?

 

For me its a way to express myself and explore things that I simply can't/ am uncomfortable exploring in RL

  • I use it to role-play
  • Hang out with friends
  • Take pictures
  • Shop

 

What about you?

😐

1930203381_braceyourselves.jpg.e2cdebd42c0eb9d52d7ec9f18e841ad2.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first started on SL in 2008 on a long dead and forgotten avie, it was new and exciting, and I loved every aspect of it, the exploring, the shopping, making my avie exactly how I wanted it to look, but as time goes by, I think I just log on from habit. Recently, I've just stopped logging on period, because I think "why am I even here?" Yes I have friends, but they are busy with their own Second Lives and it just seems there's no time to hang out, be goofy and have fun. I've also realized just how lonely SL can be. I'm basically very introverted and so it's hard for me to just go up to someone and start a conversation. 

I think what I'm looking for now is someone who I can just hang out with, go explore and have fun with. I think I'm past wanting a relationship of any kind because I don't have much luck in attracting sane people LOL. Would be nice if I just had a few people that loved to just hang out with.

So, for now, I guess I'm unofficially on hiatus from SL. Not saying I won't go back, but I think I'm just lacking a connection to someone....so for now, it's the forums and the occasional log in to check messages and to host from time to time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, anniepany said:

When I first started on SL in 2008 on a long dead and forgotten avie, it was new and exciting, and I loved every aspect of it, the exploring, the shopping, making my avie exactly how I wanted it to look, but as time goes by, I think I just log on from habit. Recently, I've just stopped logging on period, because I think "why am I even here?" Yes I have friends, but they are busy with their own Second Lives and it just seems there's no time to hang out, be goofy and have fun. I've also realized just how lonely SL can be. I'm basically very introverted and so it's hard for me to just go up to someone and start a conversation. 

I think what I'm looking for now is someone who I can just hang out with, go explore and have fun with. I think I'm past wanting a relationship of any kind because I don't have much luck in attracting sane people LOL. Would be nice if I just had a few people that loved to just hang out with.

So, for now, I guess I'm unofficially on hiatus from SL. Not saying I won't go back, but I think I'm just lacking a connection to someone....so for now, it's the forums and the occasional log in to check messages and to host from time to time. 

You are not alone. Except for the hosting part. I stopped doing that years ago. Not sure why I log in to check messages as there never are any from individuals. Just the usual flotsam and jetsam of advertising.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, anniepany said:

I've just stopped logging on period, because I think "why am I even here?" Yes I have friends, but they are busy with their own Second Lives and it just seems there's no time to hang out, be goofy and have fun. I've also realized just how lonely SL can be.

I'd be surprised if most long-term SL residents hadn't felt that way more than once.  SL has changed over the years.  Even if some of our early friends hadn't moved on, we'd find ourselves missing the "good old days" when SL was new and exciting for us.  I have reinvented myself a couple of times.  I gave up clothing design and owning an in-world shop when mesh became popular and I could no longer compete.  I bought a region and put a lot of effort into landscaping when renting seemed too confining. I went from being a dabbler in scripting to being a fairly intense scripter.  Those changes gave me new things to feel excited about and more time to do them.  I think I have recognized that there was room for me to change, just as SL was also changing.  Through it all, I have kept the same close circle of long-time friends -- the half dozen people that I have known well since 2007 -- even as I have made new ones.  I am happily introverted and not eager to enter new groups, but SL has become a sort of home where I can always find something new and interesting people to be with.  And of course there's always the forums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

I'd be surprised if most long-term SL residents hadn't felt that way more than once.  SL has changed over the years.  Even if some of our early friends hadn't moved on, we'd find ourselves missing the "good old days" when SL was new and exciting for us.  I have reinvented myself a couple of times.  I gave up clothing design and owning an in-world shop when mesh became popular and I could no longer compete.  I bought a region and put a lot of effort into landscaping when renting seemed too confining. I went from being a dabbler in scripting to being a fairly intense scripter.  Those changes gave me new things to feel excited about and more time to do them.  I think I have recognized that there was room for me to change, just as SL was also changing.  Through it all, I have kept the same close circle of long-time friends -- the half dozen people that I have known well since 2007 -- even as I have made new ones.  I am happily introverted and not eager to enter new groups, but SL has become a sort of home where I can always find something new and interesting people to be with.  And of course there's always the forums. 

I'm sure the majority of SL residents have felt that way, for sure. I love change, I love the possibilities of change, the endless ways you can work with change and I do hang on to the handful of lost term friends I have but they are partnered, and you know what it's like to be a third wheel, it simply does not belong, but from time to time we DO get together and hang out. It's just....I don't even know how to explain it. I have tried my hand at building, but it was a disaster LOL. If they threaten my life with "build or die" I would simply say kill me LOL. I'm not into scripting, to me it's like greek, I don't know it and I don't know if I want too. :-) but I've been on this ride for 11 years now, and while I am at the moment taking a break, I have no plans on killing off my avie and no one can haz my stuff! *grins* 

Ahh the forums LOL a hodgepodge of people that makes this an interesting and fun place to hang out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You are not alone. Except for the hosting part. I stopped doing that years ago. Not sure why I log in to check messages as there never are any from individuals. Just the usual flotsam and jetsam of advertising.

*nods* I only host once a month at a very nice formal club, it pays very well, so for a few days I stay on and shop LOL why I shop I have no clue, I guess I'm addicted, because no one ever sees what I buy but it makes me happy while I am inworld. And yeah it's the same for me, only notices, no individuals leaving me messages but it is what it is. *sighs deeply*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...