Complaint Report Templates

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Anyone else noticed that a lot of complaints touch on the same points? I thought it might be helpful to create some templates. Here is one:

TEMPLATE 1 

(Individual 1) did (something I don’t like) which caused me (this inconvenience). I (a. already know / b. am not very interested in) how to solve the problem but am seeking Justice.🗽Please help me figure out how to punish the offender by:

Justice!

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I don't understand why the ironic view ("justice!") about such issue. Besides, in my post, I asked how to solve it, and the first comment where kind enough to teach me (move lock) with no drama, irony or anything. Are you offended?

Some people, like you, think it's ok to just go away of somewhere because of a single m*ron harassing users. Others disagree and think it's perfectly ok to report them. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, angelikiinha said:

I don't understand why the ironic view ("justice!") about such issue. Besides, in my post, I asked how to solve it, and the first comment where kind enough to teach me (move lock) with no drama, irony or anything. Are you offended?

Some people, like you, think it's ok to just go away of somewhere because of a single m*ron harassing users. Others disagree and think it's perfectly ok to report them. 

Sounds like Template 1 will work fine for you.

PS We usually recommend both leaving the area and filing a report. You don’t have to keep going where the griefer is. Unless you just like to.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, angelikiinha said:

deleted....  I didn't want to be accused of promoting griefing

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
You can't be too careful

1 hour ago, Pamela Galli said:

Sounds like Template 1 will work fine for you.

PS We usually recommend both leaving the area and filing a report. You don’t have to keep going where the griefer is. Unless you just like to.

Come now, Pamela.  You accuse Angelikiinha of not using the defence tools available to her, but before she asked for help in that other thread, she wasn't aware of them, neither will most new residents be aware.  Or do you assume they magically know when they arrive?

This topic is unnecessary, and unwarranted.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

The OP is funny if you take it tongue-in-cheek, which is how I intend to take it. :) 

My laughing at it has nothing to do with any other thread in the forums. :) 

It is funny when you have no idea there is another thread that prompted the OP. Even though I know now, it's still funny. 

I'm off to find this "other" thread and see what I can see. 19-1233181625.gif.41609b5ba7c39ce731da1ebd41273851.gif

• Like 3

I haven't read the thread that may have prompted this either, yet, so when I read the first post here,  my mind remembered a lot of earlier threads along the lines of the template (and many which were not by new people, but by longer term residents who likely did know the tools available). 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

The OP is funny if you take it tongue-in-cheek, which is how I intend to take it. :) 

My laughing at it has nothing to do with any other thread in the forums. :) 

Didn't someone in another post in another thread say that you can't assume everyone will respond in the same way, since no one knows everyone's background and mental state?  Someone else might be highly offended at such a  post, thinking their genuine feeling were being belittled and made fun of.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
aded words
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Didn't someone in another post in another thread say that you can't assume everyone will respond in the same way, since no one knows everyone's background and mental state?  Someone else might be highly offended at such a  post, thinking their genuine feeling were being belittled and made fun of.

Which is why I added my comment after reacting with the laugh emoji to the OP. I just wanted to be sure no one thought I was laughing at them.

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Which is why I added my comment after reacting with the laugh emoji to the OP. I just wanted to be sure no one thought I was laughing at them.

No, I meant a sensitive soul might be offended by the whole content of the original post, not your laugh reaction.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Come now, Pamela.  You accuse Angelikiinha of not using the defence tools available to her, but before she asked for help in that other thread, she wasn't aware of them, neither will most new residents be aware.  Or do you assume they magically know when they arrive?

This topic is unnecessary, and unwarranted.

I didn’t “accuse” anyone of anything! I have noted a pattern we see here a couple times a week at least. Evidently some think the shoe fits but I didn’t say so.

in any case AngelSomething says it would not be fair to SL members if took the advice to stop going to the private region or parcel where she knows the griefer will attack her:

“Yes, I can find another sandbox. Anyway, I don't think it's fair to leave because of an *******. This is probably what he wants me to do - .

This tells me that her objective, typically, is not to solve the problem, which is pretty simple,  but to make the Evildoer pay for his crimes, which is nearly impossible. That is just reality in SL even if it’s not what some want to hear.

Edited by Pamela Galli

57 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

in any case AngelSomething says it would not be fair to SL members if took the advice to stop going to the private region or parcel where she knows the griefer will attack her:

“Yes, I can find another sandbox. Anyway, I don't think it's fair to leave because of an *******. This is probably what he wants me to do - .

This tells me that her objective, typically, is not to solve the problem, which is pretty simple,  but to make the Evildoer pay for his crimes, which is nearly impossible. That is just reality in SL even if it’s not what some want to hear.

Actually, Pamela, what this tells me is that she doesn't want to give in to a bully.

I thought we were past the days when those who suffered bullying, abuse, harassment, or griefing were told to shuffle off somewhere else, as though they were the problem and not the harasser. And I'm honestly a bit surprised that you don't seem to think so.

I kind of admire her response of "F*ck that. I'm not the one who is going to be leaving." Good for her not to be intimidated.

As for this thread, I'm sorry, but I agree completely with Garnet.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I didn’t “accuse” anyone of anything! I have noted a pattern we see here a couple times a week at least. Evidently some think the shoe fits but I didn’t say so.

Hmm, I was thinking of the advice given on avoiding pushing primarily but in any case I don't think she should have to use another sandbox, and I don't read her remark in the way you do.  We'll have to disagree.

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Actually, Pamela, what this tells me is that she doesn't want to give in to a bully.

I thought we were past the days when those who suffered bullying, abuse, harassment, or griefing were told to shuffle off somewhere else, as though they were the problem and not the harasser. And I'm honestly a bit surprised that you don't seem to think so.

I kind of admire her response of "F*ck that. I'm not the one who is going to be leaving." Good for her not to be intimidated.

As for this thread, I'm sorry, but I agree completely with Garnet.

No one wants to “give in” to bad actors in SL. How do you think I feel about people copying and selling or giving away pretty much my entire store?  Is it mean of me to inform people that we creators  have almost no recourse?  I only wish my only problem could be solved by avoiding places where I know griefers are.

Good for you for admiring those who are determined to get justice in SL and who dismiss wise advice to move on. 

Edited by Pamela Galli

Unfortunately, a lot of grumbly folks who may or may not be commenting on this post may or may not have been here the past few days to see other topics that may or may nothave been deleted for TOS breakage and so on. 😊

Please don’t take yourselves too seriously! We’re all friends here in the big ol’ interwebz. Fun is fun! Not everyone is out to get your beautiful faces. 

I think this is very applicable to all aspects of our lives and beyond and I shall pocket this trusty form for later! Goodness knows I hate it when HR returns my incorrectly files papers! Please instruct us on the proper routing techniques, Pamela! 

Edited by norajulian
Added a smilie face to emphasize my cheekbones. :D
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Hmm, I was thinking of the advice given on avoiding pushing primarily but in any case I don't think she should have to use another sandbox, and I don't read her remark in the way you do.  We'll have to disagree.

Oh we agree. People should not have to change sandboxes to avoid griefing . 

Yet this is always the advice given: avoid griefers and move on. Problem solved. Or it would be if the problem is avoiding griefers (or other alleged bad actors). But it’s not. It’s about punishing whomever did whatever to upset them. It’s about justice. 

SL, like RL, is not in the business of meting out justice. Sending ARs may get some action from LL but you will never know it. And I get the impression LL’s policy is to give residents tools to protect themselves from typical griefing, and expect them to use them.

Theresa Tennyson starts filling in the template with something about sofas.

Theresa Tennyson erases it.

Theresa Tennyson starts filling in the template with something about sofas again.

Theresa Tennyson erases it again.

Theresa Tennyson posts a meta-post that may have the same effect to those who are familiar with the situation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Situations where the template could be helpful:

* I was banned from a place for NO REASON!

* someone wrote lies about me in their profile.

* someone sat on a chair in my house without permission

* this thing I bought on the marketplace is not like the picture

12 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Situations where the template could be helpful:

* I was banned from a place for NO REASON!

* someone wrote lies about me in their profile.

* someone sat on a chair in my house without permission

* this thing I bought on the marketplace is not like the picture

* I bought something from the marketplace and didn't bother with a demo but it doesn't fit my unusual shaped avi can I have my money back from Linden LabS  (added the S for special effects) 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.