ao combinations

kendall420

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

AO HUDs typically use Contents notecards that describe to the AO script what animations are grouped to the respective HUD buttons. Stand, Walk, Sit, Run, Fly, etc

Edit the Contents of the HUD you prefer to use and open any notecards contained. You are looking for a notecard that has animation names grouped/described as above. Different AOs tend to use different description layouts in the notecards, but they are all grouped in a fairly recognisable format

copy animations from any existing AO (that you are not going to use) to your Inventory. Then copy them (and/or any animations that you have obtained elsewhere) from Inventory to the Contents of the desired HUD

then edit the AO notecard, typing the names of the new animations under the different group headings. Stand, Walk, Sit, Run, Fly, etc. Delete from the notecard, names of animations that you don't want. And Save the notecard when done

the AO will usually have a button that enables the AO script to open/read the edited notecard. Button name typically Load/Reload/Import/Reset/etc. So press that button and wait while it loads the new animation info you have entered into the notecard

if the AO doesn't work and starts throwing errors. Cant find this animation or that animation etc. Then you have made a typing mistake in the notecard or haven't copied the animation to the AO Contents. Check the Contents for missing animations, and/or find and edit the typing mistake. Save and reload until the AO runs error free

then can remove from the AO Contents any animations that are no longer used by the AO

Edited by ellestones
AO script
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, kendall420 said:

I have the cosmopolitan vista ao and the perfect lady vista ao and am wondering how to combine them into one hud? I got the free zhao II hud but not sure how to transfer ao's over.

any help is welcome, thanks!

I use "My AO 4D" and it is freaking AMAZING.

Here is Market Place link:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/160819/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=G&search[keywords]=my+ao

In case that long link breaks, here is direct to the one I use:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/My-AO-4D-Amazing-AO-Device/12736180

Blows away Vista, Since, Zhao and every other AO HUD I have ever seen or used in 12 years.

20 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I use AKEYO Nitro AO.

No cards to edit.  Just drag and drop animations.  If it cannot figure out what type of animation it is (walk, turn, type, etc) it will ask you to pick.  AO sets and dance sets are created and maintained on a web page.

/sales-pitch :D

tried to find it on mp, not there. is it in world?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I use AKEYO Nitro AO.

No cards to edit.  Just drag and drop animations.  If it cannot figure out what type of animation it is (walk, turn, type, etc) it will ask you to pick.  AO sets and dance sets are created and maintained on a web page.

/sales-pitch :D

is this what you're talking about?

Snapshot_022.png

36 minutes ago, kendall420 said:

tried to find it on mp, not there. is it in world?

What I see in MP is under the creator's name artoo Magneto.

7 minutes ago, kendall420 said:

is this what you're talking about?

That's it.  That's what I use.  My animations came from Voir and Vista mostly but this is the control I like best.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress

21 minutes ago, kendall420 said:

how do i add the vista ao's to it?

They way I do it,

• Res the Vista AO in world. 
  • Right click and edit it. 
  • Go to contents tab.
  • Create a folder in inventory to hold all the animations you are going to copy.
  • Drag and drop all the animations from the content folder to your new folder in inventory.
  • Close the edit window and pick up (or delete) the AO from in world.

Of course once you have a copy of all the animations in your folder, you can go through keep just the ones you want.  Delete the silly walks, stands that move too much or turn away from where you want to face or whatever.  You can always get them out of their AO again later if you need them.

Now, to add new animations to the AKEYO AO

• Res the AKEYO AO on the ground.
  • Drag an animation from inventory to the HUD on the ground.
  • Wait for the animation to be recognized.
  • Drag and drop the next animation ...
  • Once all animation are add, pick up the AO from in world and add it to your HUD.

With the newest Vista AO's this will not work.  They have basic animations for legs and torso and then extra fidget animations that only move the arms.  When playing, different stands and different fidgets can be played in a mix and match fashion.  Which is cool and gives more variety.  However, when we poach the animations for use in a different AO, they are all separate animations.  Your new AO won't know what to do with them.

47 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

They way I do it,

• Res the Vista AO in world. 
  • Right click and edit it. 
  • Go to contents tab.
  • Create a folder in inventory to hold all the animations you are going to copy.
  • Drag and drop all the animations from the content folder to your new folder in inventory.
  • Close the edit window and pick up (or delete) the AO from in world.

Of course once you have a copy of all the animations in your folder, you can go through keep just the ones you want.  Delete the silly walks, stands that move too much or turn away from where you want to face or whatever.  You can always get them out of their AO again later if you need them.

Now, to add new animations to the AKEYO AO

• Res the AKEYO AO on the ground.
  • Drag an animation from inventory to the HUD on the ground.
  • Wait for the animation to be recognized.
  • Drag and drop the next animation ...
  • Once all animation are add, pick up the AO from in world and add it to your HUD.

With the newest Vista AO's this will not work.  They have basic animations for legs and torso and then extra fidget animations that only move the arms.  When playing, different stands and different fidgets can be played in a mix and match fashion.  Which is cool and gives more variety.  However, when we poach the animations for use in a different AO, they are all separate animations.  Your new AO won't know what to do with them.

when i add them to a new folder, it shows that there is an item in the folder, but doesn't list or let me see.

the folder is named 123, i dragged 1 animation into it and it just says 1 item. but shows nothing.

edit: oh wait, it might be because i did it in the outfit section.

edit 2: nope. made a new file and it does the same thing.

Snapshot_023.png

Edited by kendall420

21 minutes ago, kendall420 said:

edit 2: nope. made a new file and it does the same thing.

The fastest way to copy from an AO into your inventory is don't bother editing it. Rez it on the ground, right-click and choose OPEN (not Edit) - click "Copy to Inventory" button. it will create a folder with the same name as the AO Object "Vista Animations Zoe HD" for example, whatever yours is named). So be sure all is copied, just count to yourself from 1 to 10. By the time you reach 10 everything should be copied over (even on horrendously-laggy sims).

I just then rename that folder and add the word "Inners" to it, so I know it is the contents of that AO.

Now that it is in inventory, play each animation - keep the ones you like toss the ones you don't.

@Rhonda Huntress - the AO 4D handles those "piecemeal" animations easily, though I've never heard of the Akeyo  AO before. I presume the "Nitro" is a blank? (Last thing I need is more AO animations LOL).

One thing I love about the AO 4D is the "Actions" ability - Vista has these "Gestures" animations (but no way to add new ones to their HUDs) and Sinse and others even have Gesture HUDs with mocap Bento animations and I have a lot of them. My AO 4D can even play them randomly on an interval I set.

SO, my Question is: Can this Akeya do that, too? Play an animation at-will, say from a menu or something, that is separate from the stands animations, etc?

Edited by Alyona Su

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

The fastest way to copy from an AO into your inventory is don't bother editing it. Rez it on the ground, right-click and choose OPEN (not Edit) - click "Copy to Inventory" button. it will create a folder with the same name as the AO Object "Vista Animations Zoe HD" for example, whatever yours is named).

I just then rename that folder and add the word "Inners" to it, so I know it is the contents of that AO.

Now that it is in inventory, play each animation - keep the ones you like toss the ones you don't.

it says some objects aren't allowed to copy.

Those will be no-transfer animations. You can say "Yes" and they will be *moved* to your inventory (not copied) - meaning they won't be in the HUD anymore. You can still put them into a new HIUD, just be super careful you don't delete them. And when copying into another hud - copy each of those by themselves, not as part of a group. To be sure they get fully copied into the new HUD (sometimes SL will hiccup if you copy a group of files into a prim and if it "fails to create" then that item is lost - which is okay if it's copy because you still have one in inventory).

300 animations sound like a lot to handle. Do you use it for dancing in clubs? Maybe you need advice from professional dancers, I never had that many in an AO.

If you will just walk, stand, fly and all the common moves, I use the built in AO in Firestorm.

Video tutorial:

https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/video_animation_overrider

Of course this is only for Firestorm.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I use "My AO 4D" and it is freaking AMAZING.

Here is Market Place link:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/160819/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=G&search[keywords]=my+ao

In case that long link breaks, here is direct to the one I use:
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/My-AO-4D-Amazing-AO-Device/12736180

Blows away Vista, Since, Zhao and every other AO HUD I have ever seen or used in 12 years.

It seems there is one feature missing. Is it possible to invite people to dance with you like in many dance HUDs?
In the Marketplace description about the HUD I saw no mention about it.

30 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

It seems there is one feature missing. Is it possible to invite people to dance with you like in many dance HUDs?
In the Marketplace description about the HUD I saw no mention about it.

This one does not (and that is probably the one and only feature missing). Though it's great when venue-hopping and just doing your own thing. For group dancing, I use the Puppeteer HUD (Though I always crack up laughing at how silly it looks when there are more than two or three people all perfectly synchronized) Hahahaha

The *major* feature I love is the "Plus" and "Action" options. I have many Gesture animations (the flipping someone the bird, or blowing a kiss, etc.) - I use them in both: in Plus I set it to play a random one and I have "probability" est to 0.08 (default is 0.05) - which is the probability one will play each second. I also have them in "Action" - which is where I can click the Actions button and then choose to play one at-will.

The design is really good also: just a single on/off button with a gray border - click the gray border and then everything is done with system menus - so it fast and snappy, no texture-rezzing, etc.

Edit to add: One feature I always forget about is the "Auto Swimmer" - if you go into LL water, it automatically switches to swimming animations (many do that if you hit fly button, I know) BUT also keeps you on the surface of the water;you don't sink to the bottom AND don't have to hit the "fly" button. :)  Also, one of the selling points for me is that when you sit on something if it recognizes that it already has animations (i.e. AVsitter furniture) it will automatically go into "sleep" mode and not override your sits. The only "bug" is the PLUS will override anything if they are P4  or P3 animations. LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a Firestorm user, I would recommend using the Firestorm AO - just look up which animations you want from the two separate AOs, create a notecard and list the animations you have selected, put the animations in a folder in your inventory (just copy them from your HUD's contents) and load the notecard; Firestorm will use the animations from your inventory and load them automatically.

Not having to wear the HUD relieved me of several scripts, which means you'll cause less lag. Unfortunately not everyone use the Firestorm AO - or Firestorm to begin with - though, so you'll still have to put up with others causing lag on the sim. 

I set up Neph's Firestorm AO yesterday and went from 48 to 23 scripts, and more than halved my script memory and latency. The only scripts that remain are colour changers and whatnot in some of her apparel - though if you want to, you can (often) just make a copy of the item with the style and colour you want to use, and remove the scripts.

• Thanks 1

I'm a bit confused...

Are none of you Firestorm users?

I use the firestorm built in system and just drag animations I like into there. This lets me grab animations from anywhere and put them in there with no hassle.

I have one AO in there saved as my default, and a couple more that have dances in the standing section to give me a script / lag free dancing system. Just pop them in there, set it to cycle, decide if you want it random or not, and set a timer. Instant Dance AO.

Keeps on working even in no-scripts-allowed venues.

Scripted AOs are so 2009... :) When I saw HUD being mentioned in this thread I had to recheck and make sure it wasn't a necropost of something from a decade ago... O.o

I used to use the Akeyo HUD. But as Orwar noted... the lag. That HUD was something like 3mb of scripts. Maybe more, I forget. One reason I finally gave in and started using Firestorm was that it's hard to be the one telling people to cut down their lag when also the one causing most of it... ;)

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

On 12/12/2018 at 12:33 PM, kendall420 said:

it says some objects aren't allowed to copy.

If you're grabbing animations to use in Firestorm or some other HUD, you only need to grab the animations. They're the ones with the 'running man' icon. At least for the ones in your screenshot, all of them can be copied. Of course I don't know about any below the scrollbar...

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I'm a bit confused...

Are none of you Firestorm users?

I use the firestorm built in system and just drag animations I like into there. This lets me grab animations from anywhere and put them in there with no hassle.

I have one AO in there saved as my default, and a couple more that have dances in the standing section to give me a script / lag free dancing system. Just pop them in there, set it to cycle, decide if you want it random or not, and set a timer. Instant Dance AO.

Keeps on working even in no-scripts-allowed venues.

Scripted AOs are so 2009... :) When I saw HUD being mentioned in this thread I had to recheck and make sure it wasn't a necropost of something from a decade ago... O.o

I used to use the Akeyo HUD. But as Orwar noted... the lag. That HUD was something like 3mb of scripts. Maybe more, I forget. One reason I finally gave in and started using Firestorm was that it's hard to be the one telling people to cut down their lag when also the one causing most of it... ;)

FS AO lacks features. It doesn't have mode detection when AO would switch from Mode 1 to Mode 2 based on how close you're standing to other avi, which can have completely different set of animations that suits those kinds of situations, it doesn't have easy access to gestures (not that I use them more than a few times a month, but hey, it still counts), it doesn't have height detection to save me time from adjusting hover slider every single time I sit on the ground and so on. So not sure about you, but I value my time and efforts more than ~750kb of bonus scripts on me. And quite frankly I don't care about scripts usage or complexity that much to begin with, nor do I visit those "real time combat" sims where someone would actually care enough to ask me to do anything about it.

Also, like I said in some other post of mine, considering all those heavy scripted attachments people like to wear, including "pets" and HUDs for their bodies/heads that easily can take 2-3mb if not more (combined)... meh, doesn't matter, imo. If I'd consistely was in top 3 scripts usage wise in any given sim, then maybe I'd try to fix that, but I'm rarely even in top 15.

• 7 months later...
On 12/11/2018 at 5:53 PM, Fionalein said:

Vista did an instructional video. ZHAOs work similar: (switch of sound before watching unless you like the music of 80s aerobics videos)

Does this only work with Vista to Vista AO's ? I have a AX AO and I want some of my animations in the Vista Ao I just got. It won't load the AX. I get script errors when I try using them. I followed your video. I did the load like you said but i don't think it loaded, cuz I didn't see anything on my screen after i pressed the button. Why won't it load and work?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1737 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.