Current Premium Gift - camp fire & tent

Emma Krokus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Delighted with this!

It's modifiable - thank you Linden Lab for listening:)

The weather feature is awesome - and i adore the swooping bats.

i love the idea of the story time too and the animation for the listeners are very cute.

Lower LI would have been nice but the build does remain stable from a long way away and it is an outdoor scene...

So THANK YOU very much!

Emma :)

• Like 9

That's one of the best Premium Gifts I've seen - no wait, it's the best. Love it! :)

On 10/6/2018 at 3:34 PM, Emma Krokus said:

Lower LI would have been nice

Oh yes, it's that. I took a closer look at one of the object, the big tree. It's 20 LI and it shouldn't have been more than ten at most. The render weight is seriously bloated too.

Don't tell Patch but I just had to have a go at it myself. Not the whole scene of course but I made a tree similar to the Haunted Campsite one. You can get it for free at https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/OPQ-Nightmare-Tree-01s-CM-Boxed/15703344 if you hurry. It's a rush job and I think I could have reduced it down to 5 LI with a bit more tweaking but 7 isn't too bad either and I give a full money back guarantee to anybody who picks it up while it's a freebie.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, ChinRey said:

That's one of the best Premium Gifts I've seen - no wait, it's the best. Love it! :)

Oh yes, it's that. I took a closer look at one of the object, the big tree. It's 20 LI and it shouldn't have been more than ten at most. The render weight is seriously bloated too.

Don't ell Patch but I just had to have a go at it myself. Not the whole scene of course but I made a tree similar to the Haunted Campsite one. You can get it for free at https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/OPQ-Nightmare-Tree-01s-CM-Boxed/15703344 if you hurry. It's a rush job and I think I could have reduced it down to 5 LI with a bit more tweaking but 7 isn't too bad either and I give a full money back guarantee to anybody who picks it up while it's a freebie.

Thank you ChinRey :) 

Emma :)

13 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

Thank you ChinRey :)

YW :)

I'm beginning to wonder how popular these premium gifts are these days.

I've only given away 16 of my upgraded tree so far (and not a single review ;)). That doesn't neccessarily mean much but this thread has been strangely quiet too. Maybe even more significant: Tess, my Garden and Landscape alt, has spent hours peparing items for MP at Sandbox Admiranda the last few days and I still haven't seen a single person at the gift giver station there. I chose that sandbox in the first place because it was empty and it still is.

It would have been 17 if I could have got one, but I couldn't. Try as I might, I could not get one delivered to me. There's one still sitting in my Cart but clicking Checkout button just takes me to a page full of ads, and I've tried several times.

A few minutes later
Oh. I decided to try again and the page full of ads has a button to click right at the bottom and way below the fold. Each time I saw the page of ads I thought that something didn't work. What an idiotic piece of web design!

So now I even have an email telling me that the purchase went through ok. I also have the Received Items part of my inventory telling that there's one new item. What I don't have is anything in that part. It's an incredibly crap system that LL has put together. I just hope that LL doesn't allow the amateurs who put the marketplace together to get anywhere near the SL code, or SL is doomed.

Edited by Phil Deakins

57 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

So now I even have an email telling me that the purchase went through ok. I also have the Received Items part of my inventory telling that there's one new item. What I don't have is anything in that part. It's an incredibly crap system that LL has put together.

Is this actually the first time you buy something on MP??? ?

57 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I just hope that LL doesn't allow the amateurs who put the marketplace together to get anywhere near the SL code, or SL is doomed.

As far as I know, they don't even work here anymore.

I wouldn't be too harsh on the poor programmers in any case. For some reason it was decided to base the MP software on Ruby-On-Rails so they had to learn a new programming language from scratch while they were working on it. Then they had to figure out how to integrate the multi-threaded MP with the existing single-threaded SL software (or is it the other way round?) written in a completely different language. They had to do all of that while the XLStreetSL/MP was running at full speed and at a time when quality control and task analyzis was all but non-existent at the Lab. That's not really ideal work conditions and as the old saying goes: Don't shoot the pianist, he's doing his best.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 3

I ran and got Chin's tree, navigated the Last Minute Big Page O' Ads and found the Buy button, no problem.  Chin, I'll post a short review here and on your MP listing once I log in and check it out.

EDITED TO ADD REVIEW.

The tree includes a freebie resizer script and instructions for using it...nice!

It took quite a while for the tree to rez, but my region's running slow and so does everything else. 

It's a very dead tree, yep.  All black and gnarly and spiky.  Good for your Halloween landscaping!  Or for a winter forest.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

19 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Somebody who spent 11 years in the ruins of an abandoned store, pretending that the rest of the Grid didn't exist... 

Who claimed that shopping wasn't a big part of the SL economy, despite also claiming that they used to process credit $4000 a month from their store...

Who claimed that at its PEAK, SL never had more than a couple of dozen vampires on 2 or 3 sims...

Who only found out that people WITHOUT "Madlands Entitlement Club" membership were ACTUALLY allowed to buy L$ on the Lindex, LAST YEAR...

You are seriously asking them a question about their knowledge of SL?

:D 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I may have had the odd item from it before, but I don't remember. I'm certainly not a shopper there - or anywhere to do with SL. But being a noob at the marketplace isn't the reason why I have the email saying that it went through ok, and the indication in my inventory that there's 1 received item there when there isn't (I just checked again).

It turned out that, after several attempts to buy the tree, I did a search for 'dead tree' in my inventory to see if it had been placed somewhere else. It looked like that was part of the item's name. After that, I didn't notice that that phrase was still in the search box, which is why, when the system did eventually deliver it, it wasn't listed in the Received Items part. So that was finger trouble on my part, but not the several failed attempts I made to get it. Those were down to really poor marketplace design.

Edited by Phil Deakins

18 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Don't tell Patch but I just had to have a go at it myself. Not the whole scene of course but I made a tree similar to the Haunted Campsite one. You can get it for free at https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/OPQ-Nightmare-Tree-01s-CM-Boxed/15703344 if you hurry. It's a rush job and I think I could have reduced it down to 5 LI with a bit more tweaking but 7 isn't too bad either and I give a full money back guarantee to anybody who picks it up while it's a freebie.

I've just got your splendid gift.  I hadn't thought to do so before as I have a lot of spare prims but I had an idea; now the two trees are standing back to back in a suitably spiteful Hallowe'eny way :D 

2 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I've just got your splendid gift.  I hadn't thought to do so before as I have a lot of spare prims but I had an idea; now the two trees are standing back to back in a suitably spiteful Hallowe'eny way :D 

Could you hang a spider-web hammock between the trees?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

It turned out that, after several attempts to buy the tree, I did a search for 'dead tree' in my inventory to see if it had been placed somewhere else. It looked like that was part of the item's name. After that, I didn't notice that that phrase was still in the search box, which is why, when the system did eventually deliver it, it wasn't listed in the Received Items part. So that was finger trouble on my part, but not the several failed attempts I made to get it. Those were down to really poor marketplace design.

You go to that adds page anytime you get like demos that are free or anything free really..

Anything I get from the marketplace always goes into my received folder.. The received folder should shoot to the top of your inventory under the recent tab..

otherwise it could have just been delay in sending the item too you maybe?

It's usually pretty quick for me,most times,but sometimes yea,it delays..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Those were down to really poor marketplace design.

Oh Phil! We get that page full of advertisements in MP only when we buy something which has a price of 0 L$.
With anything costing 1 L$ or more the ad page is not thrown into our eyes to stare at. Straight to the pay page we go then without any ads.
Newbie much? ?? (Just joking of course...  ;))

PS. Maybe that ad page is a "kind reminder" from LL that :ph34r: "for heaven's sake buy something which actually costs something!"
It's made on purpose, not a poor design. Of course it's annoying one. Anyway, I never read those ads when buying freebie on MP. Just click, click, click. Done.

• Like 1

THANK YOU, ChinRey !!!!

Here is a picture of ChinRey's tree, next to the LL campsite one, if anyone is interested - ChinRey's tree is on the left.

98892024_HalloweenTree.thumb.jpg.8b80ac660f44560f1d4fb5fa5a9dd064.jpg

I'll also add my Thanks to LL for this gift.  I agree with some others in saying it is the best gift I've ever picked up.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

THANK YOU, ChinRey !!!!

Yw :)

32 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Here is a picture of ChinRey's tree, next to the LL campsite one, if anyone is interested - ChinRey's tree is on the left.

Oh. I never compared them side by side and I actually thought they were more similar than that. I suppose I'm just not very good at spooky so my subconciousness tricked me into doing a more optimistic upwards pointing shape. I had the same problem with the Medieval Fantasy Hunt this time. The theme is "Secrets of Moonlight" so I set out to make this really dark, mysterious little forest scene. But no matter how hard I tried, I ended up with a lush green one instead. :P

To be absolutely honest to myself and you all, this is how I really wanted to do it:

951889479_OPQOak01s_001700.png.77cf2d1b4a4bdd998db3ffbf1a29b8db.png

IT'S ALIVE!!! :D

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 4

Chinrey it's a beautiful tree and it holds LOD so well. Made with great skill.

Not that I want to cause you stress, or demand, or seem spoiled, but I would certainly very happily pay for any seasonals you ever happened to find time to make... snow, green, fall, and a cherry blossom version for spring. XD

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.