new linden home designs and last names! and birthday gifts oh my!

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I read that new linden homes were coming sometime this year as well as ability to have last names again. Does anyone have any more info? Like when and OMG I cant wait to see new linden homes. I wonder if they take advantage of the more land we are allotted with premium accounts? Im really excited. cant wait.

also just got all of my 15 SL birthday gifts. OMG some of them are totally amazing. Sure hope you all got yours. No idea what to do with that giant tower but its great. Love the chariot, the tree, the magic staff, the wand...omg too many things to name. Have not taken my birthday hat off since I got it. Im so, so old. love, love, it.

Thank you lindens! Cant wait for the homes and use of a last name instead of "resident". Especially if I get to pick my own last name. so exciting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tenly said:

So I read that new linden homes were coming sometime this year as well as ability to have last names again. Does anyone have any more info? Like when and OMG I cant wait to see new linden homes. I wonder if they take advantage of the more land we are allotted with premium accounts? Im really excited. cant wait.

also just got all of my 15 SL birthday gifts. OMG some of them are totally amazing. Sure hope you all got yours. No idea what to do with that giant tower but its great. Love the chariot, the tree, the magic staff, the wand...omg too many things to name. Have not taken my birthday hat off since I got it. Im so, so old. love, love, it.

Thank you lindens! Cant wait for the homes and use of a last name instead of "resident". Especially if I get to pick my own last name. so exciting.

We still do not have a date on the name change stuff, but we do know that it will be only available to Premium members and there will be an extra charge for it.  Here is a blog post that has consolidated pretty much all we know at this time:  https://ryanschultz.com/2018/03/22/more-details-on-the-upcoming-ability-to-change-your-user-name-in-second-life/

The new Linden homes will be on 1024 sqm plots.  Also, per the new sign up page, it sounds like they will be furnished - though we don't yet know if the furnishings will be optional or movable (we really know nothing about the furnishings except that the new sign up page mentions furnished homes).  These new furnished homes do not yet appear to be available to existing Premium members.

image.thumb.png.e83f5b0913d336cb74b90fdc3fb7d6eb.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tenly said:

Does anyone have any more info? Like when

Soon™

At the first announcement Ebbe was saying EEP, Animesh, Bakes on Mesh, Last Names would be this year, but now in October he seems to be backing away from all this.

We know that last names will be quite a bit more restricted then was originally thought (will cost, will be a premium only benefit, choose from a set list) and that it's proving to be more problematic then expected as Marketplace, forums, my.secondlife and in world all need to be changed. It won't be this year.

There are some thoughts the SSP continent might be 1024M homes, although from the looks of the roads in place there wouldn't be so many of them unless this 380 or so region continent was duplicated a few times. Again, Ebbe has said in the September town hall meeting that work progresses but won't be this year.

Both EEP and Bakes on mesh have needed changes to the simulator code, then the viewer needs to go through the proper test and release process and be picked up by the TPVs. I can't see this happening in two months, especially with Christmas coming.

Animesh is closer, maybe that will be the only thing for 2018.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

There are some thoughts the SSP continent might be 1024M homes, although from the looks of the roads in place there wouldn't be so many of them unless this 380 or so region continent was duplicated a few times. Again, Ebbe has said in the September town hall meeting that work progresses but won't be this year.

That's exactly what they did with the original Linden homes - you can see the duplicated land masses on the map.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2018 at 4:22 PM, Tenly said:

Am I confused? Somehow I got the idea that if you stuck it out and collected all 15 gifts on all 15 weeks and got it checked in on your HUD, that there was YET ANOTHER special prize on top of that. Or was that 15th one the special prize?

36 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Am I confused? Somehow I got the idea that if you stuck it out and collected all 15 gifts on all 15 weeks and got it checked in on your HUD, that there was YET ANOTHER special prize on top of that. Or was that 15th one the special prize?

I thought the same so I went back to check the original blog, which says "You can collect as many, or as few gifts as you want, but if you want to collect the final super-special Birthday Gift in the final week you will need to have collected all 14 of the previous gifts." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Conifer Dada said:

Regarding the return of last names.  I think people should be able to choose any last name, not just one from a list. 

Just because that's what used to happen doesn't mean that's what's best for the future.

You can already do this. Open your profile and click the little Wrench icon next to your name and type in a new one. It's called a "Display Name" and you can change it once every seven days.

As for your account name being that flexible: there are technical limitations to which the only alternatives are to either hide the account name entirely (which will confuse the hell out of everyone you know every time you change your display name) or use your email address as your account name (goodbye alts).

46 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Nope - most of my alts have separate email addresses.

? Was a rhetorical to make a point. But I get it: Your mind is so filled with so much amazing information that you see things differently. I am imagining that you see some kind of fancy HUD like Iron Man does in his helmet that automatically updates with the right information as soon as you see and read a question on the forum about needing help!

You scare me, girl. Bahahaha!

Edited by Alyona Su

31 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Now I’m imagining her wearing a pith helmet!

Ummm... pithy (short and to-the-point) is not related to pith (spongy substance at the center of plant stems; marrow) LOL

Good thing I read and understand TYPONESE! ~Hugz you~

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.