Indecent and grossly offensive behaviour in a Linden Premium Home Moderate sim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Linden Lab's Premium Home Sim Covenant includes the following (I have highlighted some pertinent points):

Linden Home has unique restrictions in addition to those outlined in the Linden Home Terms and Conditions. By accepting a Linden Home, 
you agree to additional restrictions as follows:

Linden Home is for residential use only.
Business use of any kind is prohibited, including parcel rental, rental boxes, classified ads or other forms of advertising, and event listings.
Land cannot be terraformed, sold, deeded to group, joined, or divided.
Land cannot contain sky boxes, temp-rezzers, or individual prims beyond the allocated size of the Second Life Viewer build tools — 10x10x10m (no megaprims).
Linden Homes may not be removed, modified, exchanged, set or deeded to group, or transferred.
Linden Homes should be kept presentable and in-theme.
Linden Homes should not be used as sandboxes.
Linden Homes do not include traffic tracking.
Ownership is limited to one Linden Home per Premium Account.

Living in a community includes courtesy towards your neighbors. Here are some guidelines for etiquette in Linden Home regions:

Use local chat say, rather than shout.
Adhere to the Maturity Rating for the Linden Home region you're located in.
Respect your neighbors' privacy.
Review general Second Life etiquette suggestions and incorporate them into your Linden Home experience:

As you are aware, Premium Home sims are located in Moderate regions and use is usually strictly controlled. Occasionally, people breach this Covenant setting up clubs, shops, horse breeding stables or guilty of other transgressions and in my experience after living in my Premium Home since they were first released, Linden Lab usually deals with these promptly and efficiently within a day or two of an Abuse Report. 

It's therefore quite shocking to find Linden Lab ignoring its own Covenant and Community Guidelines, permitting a resident to convert and extend one of its quad Premium Homes near me into a sadistic torture chamber which is clearly adult and extreme adult at that. In it, he has 20 bots, both torturers and victims, all female avatars, operating a horrific range of sadistic torture equipment depicting violent and highly offensive acts. One involved a girl impaled on a spit and roasted over an open fire; another a girl being violently electrocuted while being hung on a rack; another being tied to a circular saw table while a blade cuts her open; others depict brutal whippings, rape and various tortures. The building is not in use as a home in any way whatsoever. I don't know if other people come here to use the torture equipment, they may do outside my time zone.

Some of torture equipment mentioned above has changed over the past week so will likely rotate over time. I'm just describing some of what was there and some of what still is. I would post photographs but they would breach the Community Guidelines here, being too explicit.

Despite three Abuse Reports from me and Abuse Reports from friends of mine, Linden Lab's Governance Team has done absolutely nothing to stop this gross and offensive violation of its own rules in one of its own designated Moderate Premium residential sims. 

If the Moderators want to remove this post, so be it (I'll post it on other sites), but if they do so, I hope they will notify someone senior in Linden Lab about this disgraceful situation. The resident should be told in no uncertain terms to take his torture chamber to a suitable adult sim and revert the home to normal residential use and not cause offence to all the other residents in the area by allowing this place to exist there.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make Linden Lab take action, please do make suggestions. 

Edited by Nyll Bergbahn
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Nyll Bergbahn said:

If you want to see what's going on yourself, just teleport to the Piano sim and the world map will show you exactly where the home is

Of course anyone who finds this stuff offensive is going to rush over to take a little peek. 

?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

There's no need to be dismissive of the OP or of anyone else who might find the situation objectionable.  This forum is perhaps not the best place to announce the problem but problem it is and she was looking for help.  It was enough to remind her to AR.

Thanks Garnet. Yes I live near and I don't like seeing 20 avatars named Butcher this and that on my radar every time I'm at my home. LL have always responded to Abuse Reports on their own Home sims very quickly in the past. Why not now in this instance is beyond me. They probably have a dozen or more ARs from me and others now regarding this matter.

Edited by Nyll Bergbahn

Does it happen "behind closed doors"? http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ

As you can see them the parcel is not set to private so it is most likely not "closed doors"... blame it on the few Lindens available during vacation time for them to take longer to take it down...

Sometimes the Lindens disagree with us... there is one case of a couple which SPAMs me with their store subscriber. The subscriber is located in a closet in their Linden home (SPAM and Linden Home TOS violation in my eyes) and while I ARed them the Lindens still did nothing...

1 hour ago, Nyll Bergbahn said:

In it, he has 20 bots

Is it hosted inside his private home? (This is permitted in the Adult Content FAQ, but only if it's not publicly-accessible.) Can you see the avatars if you cam inside the house? (The parcel should be set so that people outside the parcel cannot view avatars inside the parcel.) Are you able to walk onto the parcel? (The parcel should be set to private or group-only, and any group access should not be open to join.) See the below:

Adult activity on Moderate land must be conducted "behind closed doors," meaning that you must make every reasonable effort to ensure that the parcel is private. This means:

Allow only a group or specific individuals access to the parcel. If it is group-access only, the group must not be freely open to join.
Hide avatars (turn off avatar visibility) for the parcel.
Enclose the area behind walls or other visual barriers.

- source

I don't know if other people come here to use the torture equipment, they may do outside my time zone.

Is it being advertised and/or actively promoted? Does the home owner have it set to show in search? See the below:

Linden Lab will conduct proactive monitoring and rely on abuse reports that identify adult content or conduct that is promoted or advertised publicly. Where adult content or conduct on a region is publicly advertised or promoted, that region must be designated as Adult (or such content must be removed). We will re-designate such regions if adult content is not removed.

- source

In it, he has 20 bots

Are the 20 avatars in the location all remote bots and not actual people? See the below:

Linden Lab may take into account whether apparent or reported adult content or conduct in a particular region serves only an extremely limited or passive function, or an important educational or cultural function, and therefore would be appropriate for all Second Life audiences.

- source

Maturity ratings are for publicly-accessible and/or publicly-viewable (aka: external to the house) items or activities. It's perfectly permissible - as per this section of the Adult Content FAQ - to have an Adult-rated torture dungeon in a Moderate region, as long as every step is taken to keep the parcel private (both in access and viewing avatars on it), to not publicise or advertise it, or to have any public location such as a store as part of it. If that means access is available for a number of people - either by means of an invite-only group or a parcel access list - that still means it's not publicly-accessible or taking place in full public view.

I'm not condoning his behaviour (I find it as unpleasant as anyone else would) but if you and your friends have submitted multiple abuse reports then those reports should have been reviewed by Linden Lab. If they have reviewed all of your and your friends' multiple ARs and still haven't booted that resident out of his home, then he is clearly not breaking their "behind closed doors" rules, and he is not promoting or advertising the location publicly. If he is breaking those rules, then continue abuse-reporting, and state exactly which rules he is breaking when you AR.

• Like 2

It's not just a Moderate region, it's a Moderate Premium Home region with specific rules beyond the normal Moderate ones. Anyway, thanks to all who responded and to one person in particular who contacted me privately in-world after reading this, came to view and is helping in a very positive and hopefully fruitful way. I'll say no more.

• Administrators

Hello Nyll Bergbahn

I see that you have filed an Abuse Report regarding this issue yesterday, and I can confirm that we have received it and is pending further review/investigation. Our response time for Abuse Reports can vary depending on the number of other Abuse Reports we already have in the system, and if the Abuse Report is filed correctly.

While we cannot disclose the outcome of our investigations or any action that may be taken, I will have this looked into further.

Thanks!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8

Some of us went to look.  What necessarily can't be shown in a picture here is the open doorway on one side that allows a direct view of an avatar being tortured.

Added comment:- Kristin's comment arrived as I was posting this so I just want to say thank you, Kristin.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.