SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

I won an auction to name a region, and now in hindsight I am not super happy they gave me a clone region, while others got unique regions. Also, I don't know why they don't let us know stuff. I would have much rather have named a Victorian or a Stilt region rather than a Ranch, and I was so stunned when they rezzed up more Victorians a matter of weeks after the ranches. I mean I like surprises, but I don't think they should be so secretive. I would like maximum info to make decisions for how I spend my money and that auction cost me about 300 plus real dollars. They actually made some stilts in the same time period, but my auction win had fallen in the cracks and was forgotten as were my original comms to the person I had been working with. I picked out names for stilts too originally, but they forgot me and when I saw all the stilts get named and none of mine, I had to start putting in tickets. It turned out nothing like I hoped.

• Sad 7

18 hours ago, Rufferta said:

I took a ride from Shark Pool through part of the ranch area today, and was surprised by all the work that had been done since the last time I had been there. At one point, though, it looked to me as if the parcels were just too close together and the pattern layout was too regular. I know when houses are being framed the rooms always seem too small, so maybe these will look better after they've been completed.

aesthetics?.jpg

why is this map so saturated and bright?

5 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

why is this map so saturated and bright?

Blame my poor computer skills.  I was trying to adjust color so text would show up. 

I think the lines around the Regions indicate 'work in progress'. Although there was also some odd color in the air near the ground in some areas it didn't seem to affect the map view. 

lookingatnewarea.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
I need a proofreader
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

So where is this ranch railway headed?

coastal loop?

dead end with turn around?

a loop but not coastal?

over a bridge or into a tunnel?

This trip started at the Virtual Railway Consortium in Tuliptree where I picked up a free Opensource Train. This Hobo train is not fancy, but it is easy to drive. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Tuliptree/62/115/30

Then I rezzed the train at Flotilla Rail Station http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Flotilla/239/58/27 .The tracks went underground and then under water. At the other end the tracks surfaced at Nothing There. 

The tracks continued around the upper loop of the new ranch area, and then dead ended at SSPBarnes Wallow. 

I would suggest stopping before you get to the SSP Regions because 1) You don't want to bother the hard-working Moles, and 2) The Regions aren't finished yet.

If you want to drive a train through Bellisseria there are many train routes.  I got the link for this route from a BBB notecard. You can rez a train at practically every Railway Station. 

sharkoverthetunnel.jpg

Edited by Rufferta
  • Like 8

LL is filling in the notch in the north of the Meds with 9 new regions.  They are fully landscaped, and altho the homes are not all rezzed, these should be ready to release fairly quickly.

image.png.fd9f2efea6055a1f82d89d20976d14bd.png

I also noticed that there are currently two folks in SSPConspiracy III.  Perhaps mocking up a couple  ideas for new themes?  One can only hope!

BTW, there IS a thread for Belli train discussions, it's old but servicable!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Rufferta said:

I would suggest stopping before you get to the SSP Regions

My understanding about SSP regions is that if the moles wish to exclude residents, they prohibit resident entry. On occasion, they have asked that we not  bother them with IM or obstruction. Note that tracks are not usable for travel until they lay down the track guides.

About railroads, there is ample precedent in this topic for discussing railroads to be constructed, as they are constructed in SSP regions and that is what this thread is about.

My current guess is that the railway currently ending in SSPBarnes Wallow will continue along the coast  and will either turn eastward and end in a loop OR will make its way to Itsa Fluke and pass on the northern border where there is room. A further connection at Nothing Here seems unlikely, as considerable rework would be involved. But maybe the moles consider that a challenge.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

So where is this ranch railway headed?

coastal loop?

dead end with turn around?

a loop but not coastal?

over a bridge or into a tunnel?

Definitely a coastal loop, with a small chance of a connection to Sansara.

Dunvegan on the east coast of Sansara is not ready to be connected to the Ranch regions yet, but I think there are plans for this eventually. There is only a 4 meter wide Linden controlled space on the coast there, a bunch of abandoned land, but not yet a clear route through to any Linden roads. Because some of the abandoned land is mountainous, I've started to imagine a railway line snaking through it.

The southern coast of the Ranch land seems to me like it may be the last part to be completed. The Ranch regions are very popular now, so I expect people to be sad when they're done, at least until the next new regions start being created and some folks will abandon their Ranch parcels for the next new shiny.

• Like 2

• Moles

If an SSP region is open access we don't actually mind residents passing through respectfully
Its being run over, people running around the roads/rail/plants we are trying to place where we are working or being told what to do/what we are doing is wrong etc that are an issue for us. :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 19

Nine new regions were added at the northwest of the Mediterranean theme.

RanchMedLogexpansion16Jul2024v2.thumb.jpg.4ec8c41883af6962b24d2878a83d33c7.jpg

Original Names (9): Cheval Blanc, Auberge, Pigadi, Budgie, Janes Aerie, Pervinca, Hierba Dura, Ashland Meadows, Vista Toscana.

UPDATE:

New Names (5/9): Gray Mule Creek (ex Cheval Blanc), La Triviata (ex Auberge), Falconhead (ex Pigadi), Beaux Vergers (ex Budgie), Pickpocket (ex Janes Aerie), Pervinca, Hierba Dura, Ashland Meadows, Vista Toscana.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Five of the nine newest regions have had their names changed. Map and names above ^ updated.

If you look carefully down the west coast of the Mediterranean landmass, you'll see those missing SSP region names there. It looks like they didn't give up on them. They just juggled the region names around.

040b9ff65e62fcd9ed71a2e2d424337c.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Six new regions have been added along the western Ranch coastline south of SSPBarnes Wallow. The new regions are named SSPColdspring Township, SSPEaglewing, SSPTurkey Hollow, SSPSummer Daze, SSPParsons and SSPTreble Creek.

new regions 2024-07-23.jpg

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Here's a couple more World Map pictures, showing parcels that are for sale in regions on the east coast of Sansara.
7-25-24Ranchwestcoast1.thumb.jpg.bc9aaab6660ff2a505723ea4ed5682ea.jpg
7-25-24Ranchwestcoast2.thumb.jpg.760519365891b7725c792bef56b7916c.jpg

I'm hoping LL will add 1 to 3 regions south of SSP Coldspring Township, connecting to the Ranch regions, with islands they could trade for the parcels that are currently blocking a water route through Dunvegan. This would be technically adding Mainland, but it would be islands surrounded by navigable water, so it would be highly desirable.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

So far this week, moles have been actively finishing off the newest coastal regions on the ranch continent.  They seem to be hustling, perhaps they will finish that coastline completely before starting on a new theme?  I also note that someone has been busy in the QA Vault region ... maybe a new style home being tucked away?

A few single regions have been added up in the SSP zone. 

A new region has been added to the previous 2 new regions, so we now have a row of what looks like a new theme.  Hard to say, the naming of the new one, SSPRC107, is odd.

image.png.9e03346b26fbfed27a4fba123d4f9fbf.png

Also, 3 previously deleted regions have been restored, SSP3500 (Sakura), SSP4000 (ranch), SSP4500 (Meds).  Maybe these are just being used as placeholders for new region tile block areas, instead of restoring what they previously were used for?  That's easy to believe for SSP3500, at least.

Another version of SSPTCR has been added, SSPTCRF.  New guess:  Tuscan community region, for the meds?  adding F might indicate a "Festive" (i.e. Christmas) version?

On 7/9/2024 at 9:09 AM, Nika Talaj said:

So.... after the big cleanup in the SSP zone, I see precisely one new region created.  SSPTCR ... any thoughts on what that might be?  It is located down near where the Victorian Community SSP region was.

Wildest possible guess: "Traditional Community Region"? Hmmm ... there already is a gorgeous one, though, in Chippewa Junction.  Hmmm. 

image.png.74d008f5e93e1cd032eed80fcf7b1548.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

So far this week, moles have been actively finishing off the newest coastal regions on the ranch continent.  They seem to be hustling, perhaps they will finish that coastline completely before starting on a new theme?  I also note that someone has been busy in the QA Vault region ... maybe a new style home being tucked away?

A few single regions have been added up in the SSP zone. 

A new region has been added to the previous 2 new regions, so we now have a row of what looks like a new theme.  Hard to say, the naming of the new one, SSPRC107, is odd.

image.png.9e03346b26fbfed27a4fba123d4f9fbf.png

Also, 3 previously deleted regions have been restored, SSP3500 (Sakura), SSP4000 (ranch), SSP4500 (Meds).  Maybe these are just being used as placeholders for new region tile block areas, instead of restoring what they previously were used for?  That's easy to believe for SSP3500, at least.

Another version of SSPTCR has been added, SSPTCRF.  New guess:  Tuscan community region, for the meds?  adding F might indicate a "Festive" (i.e. Christmas) version?

My guess is that SSPTCR stands for Traditional Community Region. TCRF might stand for a Fall version with autumn leaves. W stands for Winter.

I think SSPRC stands for Ranch Community. 

• Like 3

On 8/10/2024 at 4:42 PM, Rufferta Mainlander said:

Checking out the status of the builds along the west coast of Ranchlands.. Houses and landscaping look completed at the northern end, and south here at SSPParsons they are building on what used to be void ocean.

So many beautiful new locations! I can't wait for the land rush.

checkingoutnewbuilding.jpg

I went to visit and it is a beautiful spot!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

It will be interesting to see where the new Tiki/Water Linden Homes will fit in going forward. 

Can't wait to see new developments take place soon. 

I think it will be a while yet because we don't usually know about a new theme until most of the design elements are worked out. We have some time left I think to play guess the spot!

• Like 3