Phil Deakins

Forum Penalities

10 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

If you're afraid you might end up on the wrong end of that particular hammer at some point ... Use a different forum.

30 Users Like This
14 Users Agreed
40 Users Hugged You
2 Users Said Thanks
1 Russian Troll Rambled Incoherently
1 User Groaned

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

?

No this how you keep a forum from turning into a copy of that notorious imageboard ;)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉.

It's important to know when the competition is doing better at something. As I point out occasionally, SL isn't that bad technically. Most of the big technical problems turn out to be accumulated bugs, once you pry open the lid and look inside at the machinery.

Edited by animats
Compliance with policy.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, animats said:

Head in the sand is not good for Linden Labs.

i have seen a lot of company driven forums where discussion about others in the market isn't allowed. It's nothing strange.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, animats said:

rant about a removed post

Watch out or you'll find yourself with a warning or worse, banned for a period.  Per the Forum Community Standards:

• Abuse of Moderation or Moderators: Please honor our moderation process and the decisions that come out of it; they are being made in order to provide you with a productive environment for conversations about Second Life. We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:
    • Posts that discuss or re-post material that has been removed or locked by a moderator
    • Posts questioning a moderator’s decision
    • Posts that discuss the status of any Resident account (e.g., on hold, suspended, etc.)
    • Frivolous or malicious use of the abuse report feature
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

I wish hijacking dead threads wasn't allowed ... 

Would be lovely, if threads that hadn't had a response in a month would simply close themself.

• Like 4

let's create a forum for 'dead threads'.  At the end of a month (or two) we clean the thread.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kamsing said:

let's create a forum for 'dead threads'.  At the end of a month (or two) we clean the thread.

I've got a better idea. Let's create a forum for naming and shaming necro-posters ;)

• Haha 1