Most discriminated against group of avatars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Doesn't matter, the Lab thinks that threads that deviate to much can be closed.

BTW: thanks for contributing to it's closing by arguing even about this, ... ¬¬

Then let's all agree to what is obvious. Furries are the most disliked group in SL.

Done, finished, next topic please

On 6/18/2018 at 8:41 AM, Krystal Iridescent said:

I am an Elf and run two sims and a  store of my own and I am also a guard on two other sims.   Most people we have ever had to ban have been human avatars, in fact I would go so far as to say that 95% of those who incur a ban are human avatars.  But, we do not ban humans!  Just because one or two of an avatar type may do something wrong does not mean they all need to be banned.   Judge the individual, not the whole 'type'. ;)

So many human sims and clubs allow only humans and expect Elves to remove their pointed ears and Fairies to remove their wings etc before entering.  We don't do that so we leave, having done nothing wrong except not be conventionally human.  It is annoying as we do nothing wrong yet are made to feel unwelcome, no matter how beautiful our avatars are or how impeccable our behaviour is.  We can be welcomed yes, but only if we remove our fantasy avatar body parts! 

But, it is human sims loss! :P

Definitely human's loss, Krystal. Some of the nicest and most polite people I've met in SL have been furries and elves - can't say the same for the majority of humans I've come across, though.

• Like 2

On 6/17/2018 at 7:44 PM, Phorumities said:

Phorumities Resident,  Mr Resident....

It's always amusing to see the jealousy and envy some lastnamers feel toward anyone that has the purity, simplicity and elegance of a well thought out  single name.

I can only assume since i was the only person to refer to you as Mr. Resident, that you are speaking of me.. I assure you, i have no envy nor jealousy toward you. I was simply replying in kind as you called me Mr. Nightfire. I thought you wanted to be proper and not so casual. Was I in error? Oh, wait, you meant that as an insult towards me? Ah, I garner the condescending remark now.. Ah well. 

• Like 3

On 6/17/2018 at 2:55 PM, Phorumities said:
On 6/17/2018 at 2:21 PM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I much prefer your original post... 

By all means AR me for posting n the forums. By the by, I didn't say i AR everyone that annoys me, just the idiot in the sandbox and actual griefers.

I said, according to the ToS you CAN AR people for annoying you, not that I do. Please learn to comprehend the language we are typing. 

I assume that you would have to explain how you were annoyed when you file your AR.

I can only imagine the staff at LL sharing some of your AR's.

OMG look what is annoying him this week.

Well, one files an AR on griefers under "disturbing the peace" and yes, you have to explain what the person was doing to warrant ANY AR. Annoyance is not a category, Harassment is. Which is what i ARed the person sitting in the middle of my build for. But apparently, according to you, jerks and griefers should not be ARed, because its just an annoyance, no real harm. Except, if creators cant build because jerks sit in the middle of their work, then they cant finish said work and sell it, so they lose money and time. Also, why is the "rights" of a griefer more important to you than anyone quietly building, or chatting, or just enjoying SL? Methinks the av doth protest too much. 

e003903b3fac5e29d30385671eff14b0.png.3a2206ee90335d6acc33b59446b48fef.png

• Like 2

On 18.6.2018 at 1:11 AM, Krystal Iridescent said:

I am an Elf and run two sims and a  store of my own and I am also a guard on two other sims.   Most people we have ever had to ban have been human avatars, in fact I would go so far as to say that 95% of those who incur a ban are human avatars.  But, we do not ban humans!  Just because one or two of an avatar type may do something wrong does not mean they all need to be banned.   Judge the individual, not the whole 'type'. ;)

So many human sims and clubs allow only humans and expect Elves to remove their pointed ears and Fairies to remove their wings etc before entering.  We don't do that so we leave, having done nothing wrong except not be conventionally human.  It is annoying as we do nothing wrong yet are made to feel unwelcome, no matter how beautiful our avatars are or how impeccable our behaviour is.  We can be welcomed yes, but only if we remove our fantasy avatar body parts! 

But, it is human sims loss! :P

As a fellow elf, I can say I had luck on most sims I went to. Nobody asked me to remove body parts to fit in. Of course I don't go to roleplay sims and some of the more formal places can be tricky, but even that is manageable, as I even found a ballroom, that was perfectly fine with me dancing with a furry, as long as both of us dressed formal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Well, one files an AR on griefers under "disturbing the peace" and yes, you have to explain what the person was doing to warrant ANY AR. Annoyance is not a category, Harassment is. Which is what i ARed the person sitting in the middle of my build for. But apparently, according to you, jerks and griefers should not be ARed, because its just an annoyance, no real harm. Except, if creators cant build because jerks sit in the middle of their work, then they cant finish said work and sell it, so they lose money and time. Also, why is the "rights" of a griefer more important to you than anyone quietly building, or chatting, or just enjoying SL? Methinks the av doth protest too much. 

e003903b3fac5e29d30385671eff14b0.png.3a2206ee90335d6acc33b59446b48fef.png

please stop replying to what you think i said or what you think i meant and we just might have a productive discussion.

emphasis of course on might

have a nice day

2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I can only assume since i was the only person to refer to you as Mr. Resident, that you are speaking of me.. I assure you, i have no envy nor jealousy toward you. I was simply replying in kind as you called me Mr. Nightfire. I thought you wanted to be proper and not so casual. Was I in error? Oh, wait, you meant that as an insult towards me? Ah, I garner the condescending remark now.. Ah well. 

well you picked a last name so i was referring to you by your last name trying to maintain a level of decorum and dignity to our conversation

resident isn't a last name its a place holder for older items that need a first and last name.

In my humble opinion they should have used Citizen instead

feel free to just call me Phorumities or of you prefer to be more formal, The Honorable  and Esteemed Phorumities.

Edited by Phorumities
fixed spelling mistake
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Phorumities said:

well you picked a last name

And LL picked a last name for you, drake used it... oh my - Why did you pick a name that suspiciously sounds like Forumites anyway? Combined with your tendency to pick up fights everywhere you go that makes me really wonder about the purpose of your account.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.