Most discriminated against group of avatars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Phorumities said:

I asked for a bloodlines rule, thats a property owners rule, not the same thing at all.

Yay \o/ go pull a Phil on me...

It's still a rule for bloodline players, doesn't matter it got put out by someone else than the uber-sparkly vampy creator - deal with it.

2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Yay \o/ go pull a Phil on me...

It's still a rule for bloodline players, doesn't matter it got put out by someone else than the uber-sparkly vampy creator - deal with it.

You still miss the point. Just because you make a rule, i'm under no obligation to follow it. The only rules i'm obliged to follow are spelled out in the LL TOS.

You still miss the point. Just because you make a rule, i'm under no obligation to follow it. The only rules i'm obliged to follow are spelled out in the LL TOS.

I just read the entire LL TOS, nowhere does it say Vampires are not allowed to offer bites on any property designated as a no bite zone

50 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

On the main grid you might be correct, but the overwhelming majority of Roleplay-devoted sims are privately owned. When I was RPing a lot, LL took only a limited intervention stance on private land and left banning mostly up to the sim owners -  so this might play differently there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmandaKeen said:

On the main grid you might be correct, but the overwhelming majority of Roleplay-devoted sims are privately owned. When I was RPing a lot, LL took only a limited intervention stance on private land and left banning mostly up to the sim owners -  so this might play differently there.

Not even on the maingrid, SL does not care what happens in private parcels of newbie infocenters, if someone bans a vampire there - who cares, happens each day, bloodliners come cheaper the dozen, you cannot ban as fast as they grow back.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Phorumities said:

I just read the entire LL TOS, nowhere does it say Vampires are not allowed to offer bites on any property designated as a no bite zone

If you port to a sim and there are rules given to you or posted at a landing zone,and you break those rules..You only need to read the part under Harassment,in the community standards which is linked to the TOS to find your rule..

When they say,don't bite people on their land or spam people on their land,they are telling you,don't harass people on their land.

You are responsible for your actions,your avatar isn't..They don't make rules for Vampires,because vampires don't exist..

You can easily be reported for breaking one of the Community standards,also known as the Behavioral standards, by the user that was harassed as well as the land owner.

Harassment

Harassment can take many forms. Communicating or behaving in a manner that is offensively coarse, intimidating, threatening, or causes annoyance or alarm is not allowed.

Warning, Suspension, Termination

In most cases, a user’s first violation of the Community Standards will result in a warning. If there are future violations, the user’s account(s) may be suspended and ultimately terminated if the behavior persists.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you port to a sim and there are rules given to you or posted at a landing zone,and you break those rules..You only need to read the part under Harassment,in the community standards which is linked to the TOS to find your rule..

When they say,don't bite people on their land or spam people on their land,they are telling you,don't harass people on their land.

You are responsible for your actions,your avatar isn't..They don't make rules for Vampires,because vampires don't exist..

You can easily be reported for breaking one of the Community standards,also known as the Behavioral standards, by the user that was harassed as well as the land owner.

Harassment

Harassment can take many forms. Communicating or behaving in a manner that is offensively coarse, intimidating, threatening, or causes annoyance or alarm is not allowed.

Warning, Suspension, Termination

In most cases, a user’s first violation of the Community Standards will result in a warning. If there are future violations, the user’s account(s) may be suspended and ultimately terminated if the behavior persists.

If I'm reading in your post correctly one should never interact in any way with anyone, lest they cry harassment and report you.

If seems that simply saying hello to a stranger could be considered harassment if the person you say hello to is annoyed or alarmed by the interaction.

Reading back further in this thread, wouldn't flying on a no fly sim be a form of harassment or annoyance against the sim owner? Could you then be reported for flying when the rules clearly say no flying? 

Edited by Phorumities
added a few lines
  • Haha 1

Okay let me get this straight, Phorumities. You believe that cause you are a demon, that you are above any sim rules?  You seem like the entitled kinda person, yes you clearly have to follow TOS. But when you are on someone's sim. You have to follow their rules, they pay tier, so they make the rules. If you think you are above all rules on all sims, than you will not ever be allowed on any sim. You will be banned for breaking rules, that is not discrimination. That is called you being an entitled jackass.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If I'm reading in your post correctly one should never interact in any way with anyone, lest they cry harassment and report you.

If seems that simply saying hello to a stranger could be considered harassment if the person you say hello to is annoyed or alarmed by the interaction.

You're not reading it correctly..

What you said " I just read the entire LL TOS, nowhere does it say Vampires are not allowed to offer bites on any property designated as a no bite zone"

What I said"If you port to a sim and there are rules given to you or posted at a landing zone,and you break those rules..You only need to read the part under Harassment,in the community standards which is linked to the TOS to find your rule..

When they say,don't bite people on their land or spam people on their land,they are telling you,don't harass people on their land."

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You're not reading it correctly..

What you said " I just read the entire LL TOS, nowhere does it say Vampires are not allowed to offer bites on any property designated as a no bite zone"

What I said"If you port to a sim and there are rules given to you or posted at a landing zone,and you break those rules..You only need to read the part under Harassment,in the community standards which is linked to the TOS to find your rule..

When they say,don't bite people on their land or spam people on their land,they are telling you,don't harass people on their land."

I really really doubt offering a bite in a no bite zone is grounds for ARing someone. It is of course grounds for banning them from the property.

• Like 1

The whole point of "your sim your rules" is that LL will not get involved in the day to day petty drama that is the interaction of individuals.

How many times have I read, "mute, ban, and move on" as the proper response to unwanted behaviour. And now we have people advocating ARs for the most trivial acts?

OMFG they offered me a vampire bite..... i'm so gonna report their ass for harasement 

Just now, Phorumities said:

I really really doubt offering a bite in a no bite zone is grounds for ARing someone. It is of course grounds for banning them from the property.

See,that's gonna vary from user to user and land owner to land owner on if you get reported or not.

There are people out there that will report you for stuff that they only think there are rules to..hehehehe

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

The whole point of "your sim your rules" is that LL will not get involved in the day to day petty drama that is the interaction of individuals.

How many times have I read, "mute, ban, and move on" as the proper response to unwanted behaviour. And now we have people advocating ARs for the most trivial acts?

OMFG they offered me a vampire bite..... i'm so gonna report their ass for harasement 

Lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill..

You said you read the whole TOS and couldn't find anything..

All I did was find it for you..You wanted to get technical,so I got technical..

Don't get your boxers all in a bunch because  your,no vampire rule loophole didn't bear fruit.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phorumities said:

language.gif.515abe0f2d2bdef4e5ffceb01692e186.gif

• Haha 4

With all this talk of vampires and spam biting I would like to set the record straight a little.

Confession I used to play bloodlines but havent for 9 months or so now and no intention of starting again.

Most clans now have pretty strict rules on biting and if someone is offering spam invites then that is grounds for kicking them from clan. The rules are usually along the lines of you may only offer a bite after explaining bloodlines to them and if you plan to bring them into the clan. The clans did mostly try and clean up the spam bite problem which occurred mainly in the early days of bloodlines and while they haven't eliminated it entirely it should at least be vastly reduced in scope. 

I have brought a couple of newbies to SL in the last couple of months and neither of them has reported having been asked for a bite or claw at all so I hope the spam bites are largely a thing of the past

7 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

I have brought a couple of newbies to SL in the last couple of months and neither of them has reported having been asked for a bite or claw at all so I hope the spam bites are largely a thing of the past

I think they are, I get about one all 3 month, got slightly more when I was new to SL (maybe one all 3 weeks at that time) - compared from what I heared about earlier times it is way less nowadays.

Good to hear, the vampire system is much maligned and understandably so from what I gather about the bite spam at first. However it has to be said one thing it does provide is a ready made social group to slot into which can be good for a new player. That is why I originally joined bloodlines. I had a large group of people to do things with, a sim I belonged on, people I could ask for help when I got stuck. I joined a clan at 3 days old and I didn't regret it still got a large number of friends from those days

• Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 12:00 AM, Female Winslet said:

Most discriminated against group of avatars

Short people, or what I prefer to call them (and myself) 'normal sized' people.

I'm not referring to Toddledoos (?) or obvious children or youngsters, I'm referring to adults who choose to register as normal/average human height on the SL scale, but are dwarfed by many and routinely ejected for being under some arbitrary height ruling or restriction.

Shorties rule! .. Yay!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

See,that's gonna vary from user to user and land owner to land owner on if you get reported or not.

There are people out there that will report you for stuff that they only think there are rules to..hehehehe

i would hope repetitive petty and nuisance ARs would see some sort of sanction from LL against the chronic reporter

8 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

Okay let me get this straight, Phorumities. You believe that cause you are a demon, that you are above any sim rules?  You seem like the entitled kinda person, yes you clearly have to follow TOS. But when you are on someone's sim. You have to follow their rules, they pay tier, so they make the rules. If you think you are above all rules on all sims, than you will not ever be allowed on any sim. You will be banned for breaking rules, that is not discrimination. That is called you being an entitled jackass.

oh sweetie whenever i land on a new property i always read the rules notcard. if i find a rule i consider stupid or im breaking it already by being there i simply leave because my number one rule is "the property owner is always right"

as for my comment that stated this giant helping of abuse it was a new rule made a power mad control freak later over ruled by the owner. most likely if u tell me i cant do something on a life enabled sim that i am a long time member of you will die and i will accept the consequences

i hope thus clears things up

have a nice day

ps the owner was standing right there when i killed the officer and he thought it was funny as hell because doncha know the owner was also the head demon

Edited by Phorumities
added a ps fixed it

8 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Lets not make a mountain out of a mole hill..

You said you read the whole TOS and couldn't find anything..

All I did was find it for you..You wanted to get technical,so I got technical..

Don't get your boxers all in a bunch because  your,no vampire rule loophole didn't bear fruit.

Then I suppose offering an un asked for hug animation is also grounds for an AR for harassment. Is that Correct?

I really doubt causing a blue animation request box to appear once in the corner of a persons computer screen is harassment.

Now on the other hand if i choose to orbit you, there would be no dialog box asking permission, so THAT would be ARable.

Edited by Phorumities
added a line

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.