Most discriminated against group of avatars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, AmandaKeen said:

My observation over 12 years has been that as male avatars got taller and taller

Just like in the real world then :)  The change was quicker in the unreal world of SL, but only by a matter of decades, not centuries or millenia. It should please those who really want the unreal to be the same as the real - except when it comes to supernatural things like flying, never dying, and stuff like that lol.

Edited by Phil Deakins

3 hours ago, Phorumities said:

of course vampires aren't real, and when you get right down to it all of second life isn't real, so a vampire that's not real is gonna bite an avatar that's not real, and everyone is getting all upset because the vampire didn't play fair, which means they aren't playing the way you think they should play, and once again everyone is butt hurt because others don't play the way they think second life is supposed to be played

a vampire that is not real is gonna bite an avatar that is not real, yet some people who are real think its annoying to be bitten at by a real person playing a not real vampire

that would be right for some people yes

for myself in SL I don't care. Any not real vampire disappears into my 99+ bin. I don't even care enough to click the Ignore button on the dialog box. I only have so many clicks in me and I have to save them for real stuff

although if take the whole not real vampire biting at real people in the real world then it can go like this sometimes:

9 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I looked back at him and said,you can bite my A** for free..before I could finish saying ,now get lost..He bit me in the butt..

Sneaky bastage!! \o/

To be fair to him.. It is a very nice butt... I'm not a vampire and i would bite it... 

4 hours ago, Phorumities said:

Every day scammers make phone calls trying to rip people off for services or to get private information for identity theft, that's not fair, that not how real life is supposed to be played, they are cheating, and yet we have whole threads in here whining about how evil vampires are stealing our souls without permission.

Go ask the victim of identity theft how they feels about that,

Except in RL you can report scammer to the authorities, wait... thats what an AR is. Look at that, there is a way for people in both RL and SL to report scammers and people who annoy you.. And in both cases the authorities will decide if there is to be punishment. 

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

To be fair to him.. It is a very nice butt... I'm not a vampire and i would bite it... 

Except in RL you can report scammer to the authorities, wait... thats what an AR is. Look at that, there is a way for people in both RL and SL to report scammers and people who annoy you.. And in both cases the authorities will decide if there is to be punishment. 

lets see first it was  vampires are spamming people so thats griefing  so they should be reported now the bar is being lowered and you are now saying that people that annoy you should be ARed? is that what you are trying to say Mr Nightfire? If anyone annoys you they should be ARed?

1 hour ago, Phorumities said:

lets see first it was  vampires are spamming people so thats griefing  so they should be reported now the bar is being lowered and you are now saying that people that annoy you should be ARed? is that what you are trying to say Mr Nightfire? If anyone annoys you they should be ARed?

I think Ceka posted the pertinent info about that...  let me find it.. 

On 6/15/2018 at 10:38 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

Harassment

Harassment can take many forms. Communicating or behaving in a manner that is offensively coarse, intimidating, threatening, or causes annoyance or alarm is not allowed.

Warning, Suspension, Termination

In most cases, a user’s first violation of the Community Standards will result in a warning. If there are future violations, the user’s account(s) may be suspended and ultimately terminated if the behavior persists.

Yup.. right in the ToS... So, uh, yeah. If someone is annoying me and not following the rules of the SIM.. Yes, I will AR them. I have been in a sandbox, quiety building and have had people walk up and sit in the middle of what i am working on. When asked to move they say "It's a free sandbox." So, yeah, i report them to a sim admin and AR them as well. They do this so you might accidentally rezz an item to them instead of on the ground. Its shady as hell. 

Apparently you read the parts of the ToS that you wanted to and skipped the ones that really matter. You still are coming off all high and mighty, Mr Resident. The rules are out there. Whether you choose to agree with them or not, you have to follow them.

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I think Ceka posted the pertinent info about that...  let me find it.. 

Yup.. right in the ToS... So, uh, yeah. If someone is annoying me and not following the rules of the SIM.. Yes, I will AR them. I have been in a sandbox, quiety building and have had people walk up and sit in the middle of what i am working on. When asked to move they say "It's a free sandbox." So, yeah, i report them to a sim admin and AR them as well. They do this so you might accidentally rezz an item to them instead of on the ground. Its shady as hell. 

Apparently you read the parts of the ToS that you wanted to and skipped the ones that really matter. You still are coming off all high and mighty, Mr Resident. The rules are out there. Whether you choose to agree with them or not, you have to follow them.

You are absolutely right Mr Nightfire, if anyone or anything in SL annoys you, you should most certainly AR them and make SL safer for the rest of us.

I only hope my hat doesn't annoy you. 

phorumitieshat01.png

Edited by Phorumities
withdrawn and rewritten, added a picture

I much prefer your original post... 

57 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

No Mr Nightfire you are wrong, being annoyed is not ARable.

If it was, I'd have already ARed you.

All your endless AR's you make about people that just annoy you will only get you ignored by LL and possibly get you punished yourself.

By all means AR me for posting n the forums. By the by, I didn't say i AR everyone that annoys me, just the idiot in the sandbox and actual griefers.

I said, according to the ToS you CAN AR people for annoying you, not that I do. Please learn to comprehend the language we are typing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phorumities said:

You are absolutely right Mr Nightfire, if anyone or anything in SL annoys you, you should most certainly AR them and make SL safer for the rest of us.

I only hope my hat doesn't annoy you. 

phorumitieshat01.png

I would never AR someone for what they are wearing. Because that isn't against the ToS, unless its broadly racist or highly offensive. Actions are ARable. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I much prefer your original post... 

By all means AR me for posting n the forums. By the by, I didn't say i AR everyone that annoys me, just the idiot in the sandbox and actual griefers.

I said, according to the ToS you CAN AR people for annoying you, not that I do. Please learn to comprehend the language we are typing. 

I assume that you would have to explain how you were annoyed when you file your AR.

I can only imagine the staff at LL sharing some of your AR's.

OMG look what is annoying him this week.

For once and for all, I have a very simple question. What constitutes annoyance severe enough that would make it worthy of submitting an Abuse Report?

Apparently, from what i've read on this thread, the consensus is that offering a single bite request in a no bite area, in contravention of a sim rule banning biting is grevious enough to not just be annoying but outright griefing.

Any thoughts from a Linden that might be reading this thread?

2 hours ago, Phorumities said:

Any thoughts from a Linden that might be reading this thread?

Hahaha xD, you must summon them first, chances a Linden reads anything on the forums without someone reporting someone elses post in the first place are pretty low (I don't say it doesn't happen but it doesn't happen often)

And private sim and parcel owners can ban you for anything - like not having avatar 175 high because the owner says anyone named Phorumities Resident must be exactley 175 high period - their place their roluels LIndens won't care less what they do on their parcel unless they break Linden TOS.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Hahaha xD, you must summon them first, chances a Linden reads anything on the forums without someone reporting someone elses post in the first place are pretty low (I don't say it doesn't happen but it doesn't happen often)

And private sim and parcel owners can ban you for anything - like not having avatar 175 high because the owner says anyone named Phorumities Resident must be exactley 175 high period - their place their roluels LIndens won't care less what they do on their parcel unless they break Linden TOS.

We have already established that private sim owners can ban you for anything. You seem to be saying that breaking a sim rule is not grounds for an AR, but the TOS clearly states that simply being annoyed by the actions of another is sufficient to submit an AR against them. And i suppose a sim owner would be very annoyed if someone broke their sim rule, and thus could AR them.

Which is it?

Edited by Phorumities
changed a couple of words

I am an Elf and run two sims and a  store of my own and I am also a guard on two other sims.   Most people we have ever had to ban have been human avatars, in fact I would go so far as to say that 95% of those who incur a ban are human avatars.  But, we do not ban humans!  Just because one or two of an avatar type may do something wrong does not mean they all need to be banned.   Judge the individual, not the whole 'type'. ;)

So many human sims and clubs allow only humans and expect Elves to remove their pointed ears and Fairies to remove their wings etc before entering.  We don't do that so we leave, having done nothing wrong except not be conventionally human.  It is annoying as we do nothing wrong yet are made to feel unwelcome, no matter how beautiful our avatars are or how impeccable our behaviour is.  We can be welcomed yes, but only if we remove our fantasy avatar body parts! 

But, it is human sims loss! :P

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Krystal Iridescent said:

I am an Elf and run two sims and a  store of my own and I am also a guard on two other sims.   Most people we have ever had to ban have been human avatars, in fact I would go so far as to say that 95% of those who incur a ban are human avatars.  But, we do not ban humans!  Just because one or two of an avatar type may do something wrong does not mean they all need to be banned.   Judge the individual, not the whole 'type'. ;)

So many human sims and clubs allow only humans and expect Elves to remove their pointed ears and Fairies to remove their wings etc before entering.  We don't do that so we leave, having done nothing wrong except not be conventionally human.  It is annoying as we do nothing wrong yet are made to feel unwelcome, no matter how beautiful our avatars are or how impeccable our behaviour is.  We can be welcomed yes, but only if we remove our fantasy avatar body parts! 

But, it is human sims loss! :P

Would a rotating semi transparent orb be allowed on your sim? I'll remove my hat if i have to.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Phorumities reminds me of Phil.

They already became friends...

... until Phorumities will be accused of being one of Phil's altbots I guess ... 

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

I'm really wishing I had never started this topic . . . I wonder if there is some way to get it locked or deleted.

Why?

Plus the mods generally don't lock or delete a thread unless there is something truly bad in it.

27 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

I'm really wishing I had never started this topic . . . I wonder if there is some way to get it locked or deleted.

Report it for derailing, might be off topic enough for the Lindens to close it or remind folks to return to topic, but aside that I see no chance.

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Report it for derailing, might be off topic enough for the Lindens to close it or remind folks to return to topic, but aside that I see no chance.

The original topic has probably been sufficiently covered. 

The most popular threads seem to be the ones that run off topic anyway.

I'm not sure why the creator of any thread would think they have ownership or control of the thread in any way.

5 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

I'm not sure why the creator of any thread would think they have ownership or control of the thread in any way.

Doesn't matter, the Lab thinks that threads that deviate to much can be closed.

BTW: thanks for contributing to it's closing by arguing even about this, ... ¬¬

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.