Most discriminated against group of avatars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Why would you think Demons dont obey rules? They may look for any and all loopholes, but not directly break the rules.

i said in my mind. if you prefer to be a demon that follows rules go right ahead.

On 4/3/2018 at 2:44 AM, Orfeu Miles said:

I think people with ugly avatars face a lot of discrimination. Its a shame really because they must spend many seconds setting up their Avi... look at their Avi and say with a self-satisfied smile..."Wow..I look amazing".

Then they hit the grid...and the rest of us are like...."Ugggg WTF...the Ugly...it Burns !!!...pass the eye-bleach"

The ironic thing is, many of you will read this, and think "Thank Fu#k he aint talking about me.

/me stares blankly into the middle-distance.

i have a friend that made herself unattractive because she didnt want people to talk to her just because she was pretty, she wanted people to connect with the person inside, but she would still get upset when no guy would biblically know her at my parties

Edited by Phorumities
took out the bad word that got xed out anyway
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Phorumities said:

in my mind if you are a demon you dont obey rules. and yes i was an officer because i was best friends with the group owner. i later left the group over a disagreement about demons personal pets

I would expect an officer of a roleplay sim would be better in drawing the line between incharacter and out-of-character...but then again you said you were just officier because of personal relations...so whatever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Syo Emerald said:

I would expect an officer of a roleplay sim would be better in drawing the line between incharacter and out-of-character...but then again you said you were just officier because of personal relations...so whatever.

i find that many people in second life take their rp way too seriously. when i tell people i dont rp they go but but but sl is all rp.

in the demon rp sim there was a rule that no one was allowed to play with a demons private pet. if someone asked me if it was ok to play with a demons private pet id say well its against the rules but if you can find a willing pet go for it. it was none of my concern if they wanted to incur the wrath of a demon. that would actually make for a better rp experience than just following the rule. then if the demon came back to me about it id tell him it wasnt my problem if he couldnt keep his or her pets in line.

big bad demons and petulant children have a lot in common

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

I was talking about the flying part and your reasoning, that demons don't obey rules.

if a demon wishes to fly they dont need wings and if an officer wishes to fly they dont need wings either and if a demon choses not to obey the rules well what else would you expect?

Edited by Phorumities
added a line
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Elinah Iredell said:

I don't understand what they even have against flying ?

3 hours ago, Phorumities said:

it ruins their roleplay.

In the times that I've gotten booted from sims for flying, they were not RP sims, simply shopping locations.

One creator told me that they did not allow flying because then someone could fly up to their work location and "peek" at their work and steal it.  LOL

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

One creator told me that they did not allow flying because then someone could fly up to their work location and "peek" at their work and steal it.  LOL

Actually recently at some kind of a treasure hunt event, I did actually click a treasure item that was still in a skybox workshop, not meant to be in the hunt yet :) 

So yeah, I stole a treasure there! Gladly the event manager could appreciate the mistake and I did not have to pay for the item when I offered it.

45 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

How on earth do they even manage to create stuff with such limited knowledge on SL?

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In the times that I've gotten booted from sims for flying, they were not RP sims, simply shopping locations.

i know some clubs ban flying because they want you to have to walk across the sim past all their stores to get to the club.

i guess the creator didnt realize you can just cam up to see what they are doing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

i know some clubs ban flying because they want you to have to walk across the sim past all their stores to get to the club.

same as above - I just "sit teleport" myself into those clubs... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

That is exactly what I've had to do before. I wanted to go inside a place I visit regularly, but walking was out of the question at the time, as my PC would have undoubtedly made me mosh into some unsuspecting patron, so I would cam inside and click on a stool; stand up and have as much fun as one person with a dinosaur PC in SL could have.. (and let me tell you, sometimes people are the angriest little *****s when it comes to this. I was at a store and started walking to this display 'cause I didn't think of just camming to it at the time; ended up crashing into this couple and right into the far corner wall. Apparently, because I did not beg for forgiveness instantly, they both IMed me and pitched a huge fit. Thing is, I was going to apologize, but with their attitudes combined, all they got from me was an F-U and block/derender.) 

And I have a strong dislike for Furries because of the piss-poor attitudes of many I've encountered; one standing out among the others was some Sergal

how I "put shame to his species" by wearing an older version of the same avatar he owned.

I can tolerate most, but otherwise, it's a reaction of "OK what's this f"k gonna do now?"

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

I once went to a store that turned out to be inside a skybox with an enforced tp entry point outside the box. The only way to get there was to tp in flying, cam in and find something to sit on. For some reason their products never sold very well even if was top quality.

5 hours ago, Phorumities said:

and if a demon choses not to obey the rules well what else would you expect?

"It's not that I disagree with you," said the angel, as they plodded across the grass. "It's just that I'm not allowed to disobey. You know that."
"Me too," said Crowley.
Aziraphale gave him a sidelong glance. "Oh, come now," he said, "you're a demon, after all."
"Yeah. But my people are only in favour of disobedience in general terms. It's specific disobedience they come down on heavily."
"Such as disobedience to themselves?"
"You've got it. You'd be amazed. Or perhaps you wouldn't be."

(From Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman: "Good Omens")

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I once went to a store that turned out to be inside a skybox with an enforced tp entry point outside the box. The only way to get there was to tp in flying, cam in and find something to sit on. For some reason their products never sold very well even if was top quality.

xD

demons don't follow rules, that's devils ... *takes notes never to play D&D with drake as DM*

Edited by Fionalein

36 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I went to that same store - or there are a few that make that mistake.  Luckily I have my Firestorm set to always fly on TP. 

Most stores/sims that ban flying at least give you a message and short bit time (30-60 seconds) before you are ejected, so I have a chance to land after arriving.  There was one that gave no warning, just a message and immediate eject. They went directly on my list of 'never shop there'.  All the other ones that have a no fly rule, without being a RP sim, are on the list of 'only shop there if I really, really, really want a specific item'.  RP sims are allowed to have a no fly rule in my opinion, though if the shopping area is separate from the RP area, it would be nice if they didn't.

If a place says no flying. Would it not be best to follow the rules, and just go on with your day? Let me add to this, there are settings sim owners can set. That make it so you can't voice, fly, etc. So are you really entitled to fly? But here is my suggestion, if you can't fly, and don't like it.Than find other places, that allow you to fly.

Edited by halebore Aeon
Forgot to add something.

17 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Would it not be best to follow the rules

Sometimes it is good to break rules.  :D

I'm pretty good about following rules on RP sims - other places, not so much.

Truthfully, if the place doesn't have a fly detector to tell me and possibly boot me, I seldom even notice if a place is set to fly or not.  I come in flying -- primarily so I can more quickly get away from the forced landing area - and I may or may not stay flying depending on where I'm at and my purpose for being there.

12 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

If a place says no flying. Would it not be best to follow the rules, and just go on with your day? Let me add to this, there are settings sim owners can set. That make it so you can't voice, fly, etc. So are you really entitled to fly? But here is my suggestion, if you can't fly, and don't like it.Than find other places, that allow you to fly.

No Fly can be overridden and will not affect any Avatar that is already flying upon arrival.

Most users do not bother to examine the oh so lovely icons at the top of their screens either. These are, from left to right: Linden Damage Enabled, Pathfinding/NavMesh (Updates pending/Feature Disabled), Privacy Enabled (Avatars not on the Parcel are unable to see, chat with or voice in public with those on the parcel), No Build, No Script, No Flight, No Push and No Voice. I may have missed a few there but the point is that most really do not care to even glance to check. Some TPVs also add another icon that denotes the presence of a parcel Windlight Preset (or several) in use.

• Like 1

@Laoise Rumsford - Speaking from personal experience here, Sergals are most often the most aggressive bunch in the varied Furry communities within Second Life. One particular group has a penchant for banning visitors to their Sim(s) for absolutely random reasons and will refuse to listen if the reason given is a case of mistaken identity.

Like any community, you have good and bad eggs/apples. Unfortunately like a few other communities Furries are prone to overreacting as well, partially due to having been targeted by Griefers and such so often.

Members of the BDSM community and members of the Child/Kid community are also frequent enough targets and are appropriately jaded.

During my time as a Mentor I tried to present a friendly face to new users so that their first interaction with a Fur would be a pleasant one. Sadly .... It didn't always help.

• Like 1

A little surprised the Anime community has not been mentioned.

Whilst some of the attachments and links with hentai add some suspicion to their motives, the scale and popularity of the anime genre is such that there is a large community of fans especially from Japan that just want to express themselves in that style. Like with all groups there are good and bad, but perhaps it is more common for someone from outside to assume the bad than is warranted.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.