Gezocht! Nederlandse Secondlifers

Manoeska1

Lieve mede Second Lifers,

Wij willen graag een onderzoek uitvoeren naar Nederlandse communities op SecondLife. Rondom welk onderwerp een bepaalde Nederlandse community zich verenigd is niet van hoofdzakelijk belang, onze focus ligt met name op de variërende redenen dat Nederlands sprekende avatars ervoor kiezen om elkaar op te zoeken binnen Second Life. Mocht je zin en tijd hebben om ons een eindje op weg te helpen, dan horen we dat graag! 

Je kunt een berichtje sturen naar Manoeska1, en wij zullen jullie terug betalen in veel dankbaarheid! :) 

Groetjes,

Malou, Belle, Dineke, Jari en Celine

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

what?

Google translator says:

We would like to conduct a study on Dutch communities at SecondLife. Around which subject a particular Dutch community is united is not of primary importance, our focus is mainly on the varying reasons that Dutch-speaking avatars choose to look for each other within Second Life. If you have the time and desire to help us a little way, we would love to hear that!

You can send a message to Manoeska1, and we will pay you back in gratitude! :)

• Like 1

Wie zijn wij? Wat is het doel van het onderzoek? Zijn Jullie zelf actief in Second Life? Je eigen profiel is een week oud en helemaal leeg, dus ik denk het niet.

Zomaar wat vragen die bij mij opkomen na dit zeer vage verzoek.

Translation for the non Dutch readers: Who are "we" ? What's the goal of the research? Are you yourselves active within SL? Your own profile is a week old and completely empty so I don't think so.

Just some questions thtat pop into my head after reading this very vague request

Edited by Anita61 Anatine
added translation
  • Like 3

Deutsch and Dutch are different countries and languages: Deutch is Germany, Dutch is Holland ;-). There used to be a pretty active Dutch forum up to a couple of years ago but that doesn't exist anymore. I doubt if they know how to use any features in SL at all.

Edited by Anita61 Anatine
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Anita61 Anatine said:

Deutsch and Dutch are different countries and languages: Deutch is Germany, Dutch is Holland ;-). There used to be a pretty active Dutch forum up to a couple of years ago but that doesn't exist anymore. I doubt if they know how to use any features in SL at all.

I have SL friends in Belgium who speak Dutch. They were expert SL users.

As you see at my pic.. i'm dutch but.... i'm quite sure a majority of dutchies isn't really interested in being part of a dutch community. I think most of us like to go out and meet the world.

It mostly gets a closed hillybilly group, the ones that shout hardest are in control, and split up in several smaller...

put 2 dutchies together and in no time you have 3 communities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

In de zandbak van de Amsterdam-sim hangt altijd een groepje Nederlanders rond--stamgasten die dagelijks komen bijkletsen in het Nederlands via Voice. Het zijn er maar een handjevol. Verder herinner ik me een vast groepje bezoekers op de dansvloer van de locatie Mambo Beach. Die plek ziet er nu behoorlijk verlaten uit. Ik vermoed dat deze (kleine) gemeenschappen vooral bestaan uit mensen die niet of nauwelijks Engels spreken. De Nederlanders die ik hier ken spreken allemaal prima Engels en zoeken deze groepen niet op.

If you pardon my Dutch.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

In de zandbak van de Amsterdam-sim hangt altijd een groepje Nederlanders rond--stamgasten die dagelijks komen bijkletsen in het Nederlands via Voice. Het zijn er maar een handjevol. Verder herinner ik me een vast groepje bezoekers op de dansvloer van de locatie Mambo Beach. Die plek ziet er nu behoorlijk verlaten uit. Ik vermoed dat deze (kleine) gemeenschappen vooral bestaan uit mensen die niet of nauwelijks Engels spreken. De Nederlanders die ik hier ken spreken allemaal prima Engels en zoeken deze groepen niet op.

If you pardon my Dutch.

I think only a truly Dutch/English bilingual person* could have composed that paragraph.  An unadorned copy/paste to Google translate yields:

"In the sandbox of the Amsterdam sim there is always a group of Dutch people around - regulars who come to chat daily in Dutch via Voice. There are only a handful. Furthermore, I remember a fixed group of visitors on the dance floor of the location Mambo Beach. That place now looks pretty deserted. I suspect that these (small) communities mainly consist of people who speak little or no English. The Dutch I know here all speak fine English and do not look for these groups."

Perfectly phrased in English; not even an oddly missing or incorrect definite/indefinite article. I, and I suspect a lot of SL users (particularly the frequent contributors to this forum) enjoy meeting people across a language barrier. There used to be translators you could wear, but all the reports I got from people who spoke English as well as whatever language my translator was set for told me it did a horrible job. I've had better luck with Google Translate. Thanks for posting that. :-)

*I would not be in the least surprised to learn you are fluent in other languages as well; I only said 'bilingual' in reference to Dutch/English.

• Like 2

• 6 years later...
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

I wondered why I was seeing replies from people that don't seem to be around any longer!

Sorry for the ping Rhonda!

Eh, don't feel bad.

If the time stamp didn't catch their attention, perhaps the sudden appearance of a long MIA person's name would be another clue, but I guess the casual user wouldn't/couldn't catch that one either.

Edited by PermaRuthed

On 2/28/2018 at 1:47 PM, Manoeska1 said:

Lieve mede Second Lifers,

Wij willen graag een onderzoek uitvoeren naar Nederlandse communities op SecondLife. Rondom welk onderwerp een bepaalde Nederlandse community zich verenigd is niet van hoofdzakelijk belang, onze focus ligt met name op de variërende redenen dat Nederlands sprekende avatars ervoor kiezen om elkaar op te zoeken binnen Second Life. Mocht je zin en tijd hebben om ons een eindje op weg te helpen, dan horen we dat graag! 

Je kunt een berichtje sturen naar Manoeska1, en wij zullen jullie terug betalen in veel dankbaarheid! :) 

Groetjes,

Malou, Belle, Dineke, Jari en Celine

Ja, ja ... we hebben dit verhaaltje al genoeg gehoord en gezien, zowel in SL als op verscheidene FB pagina's die gericht zijn op activiteiten in SL.

Posted (edited)

Er zijn wel mensen die weten dat ik Nederlands ben, maar Ik communiceer eigenlijk liever in het Engels. ;) 

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Is er nog wel een actieve NL community, of alleen individuele residents?

Ik heb er nooit echt naar gezocht maar er zijn er wel veel. Ik had trouwens geen idee dat jij ook Nederlands sprak. ;) 

Edited by CaithLynnSayes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Er zijn wel mensen die weten dat ik Nederlands ben, maar Ik communiceer eigenlijk liever in het Engels. ;) 

Ik heb er nooit echt naar gezocht maar er zijn er wel veel. Ik had trouwens geen idee dat jij ook Nederlands sprak. ;) 

Een heel enkele keer als ik weet dat iemand die post, NL spreekt antwoord ik wel eens in NL, maar behoorlijk zeldzaam, vind het hier meestal ook wat meer voor de hand liggend om in het engels te reageren.
Ik had van jou ook geen idee dat je NL spreekt.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I tend to come to SL to forget the Netherlands (and the rest of the world) for a few moments, so I'm not really looking for a Dutch community. If I want to hang out with Dutchies, I just have to cross the street in RL, where there is a café and community center.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

*looks out of the window and waves* Biertje?

Beautiful day, the sun is shining, Sunday morning, almost noon, so why not?
*looks out of the window to see if the terrace is open today*

I'll have a Grimbergen or an Affligem, please.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Thanks 1