Jump to content
Scottie Chatterbox

Looking for a clear desciption.

Recommended Posts

On 11/13/2017 at 5:58 AM, Pamela Galli said:

Yet my bars have to be listed as adult on the marketplace. Why? Because just looking at a wine bottle is emotionally scarring or offensive. I was reminded that the  standard is whether you would want your grandmother to see something. Presumably grandmothers who have never seen the wine aisle at the grocery store, or entered a restaurant with a bar. Smh

Reading maturity rating tea leaves in SL is not straightforward.

I just got a package from my neighbors lonely grandmother for Thanks Giving. It 'Clinks' and 'Sloshes'. Lets hope it's wine and not her collection of dentures >.<

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

General Parcel_lght_G.png

A region designated General is not allowed to advertise or make available content or activity that is sexually explicit, violent, or depicts nudity.  Sexually-oriented objects such as "sex beds" or poseballs may not be located or sold in General regions.

you can not have any sexual objects anywhere on a general sim, even inside your own home

Yes, you can put any and all this stuff as long as it is 1) privately-owned and 2) not out in the open where it is obvious what it is.

My place is on G-rated land. I have furniture that can make a sailor blush. Please: do AR me and watch me not even notice it, because LL with roll their eyes and kill the ticket. What you are quoting is in reference to anything out in the open that is easily accessible by or visible to by anyone, for sale, or for public use.

But it really is okay for you to believe that statement in the TOS is the iron-hand rule that applies to any and all things in G-rated sims. Nothing wrong with believing that. Just don't try to turn your interpretation, based on one or two sentences (and thus: very slim context) of the TOS into fact when, in reality, the context of those statements when read and understood through the entire paragraph and section make the meaning of those two sentences very clear. Though none of this matters because the fact is this: Most, if not ALL private parcels in G-Rated sims are full of items and furniture and gadgets that are just as naughty and adulty and raunchy as is the most popular freebie sex-parks on the grid. Go ahead: go snooping. AR all of them. Nothing will happen because it's not against TOS when it is privately owned stuff for personal, private use.

This will be my last reply on this subject regarding the TOS and its context.

You have my permission to place the last word on it.

My case is made and it is sound. The smart and wise people should read and interpret the TOS for themselves. Debating about whether it is right, wrong, allowed, disallowed and all the rest is nonsense because I have it set up the way I describe and you poo-poo the idea. *shrugs* - Come visit me, inspect all my stuff, and AR me. I am serious, this is not some quip or intended diatribe. This invitation is open to anyone.

*Toothy-Grin*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Qa Boa said:

Yes, you can put any and all this stuff as long as it is 1) privately-owned and 2) not out in the open where it is obvious what it is.

My place is on G-rated land. I have furniture that can make a sailor blush. Please: do AR me and watch me not even notice it, because LL with roll their eyes and kill the ticket. What you are quoting is in reference to anything out in the open that is easily accessible by or visible to by anyone, for sale, or for public use.

But it really is okay for you to believe that statement in the TOS is the iron-hand rule that applies to any and all things in G-rated sims. Nothing wrong with believing that. Just don't try to turn your interpretation, based on one or two sentences (and thus: very slim context) of the TOS into fact when, in reality, the context of those statements when read and understood through the entire paragraph and section make the meaning of those two sentences very clear. Though none of this matters because the fact is this: Most, if not ALL private parcels in G-Rated sims are full of items and furniture and gadgets that are just as naughty and adulty and raunchy as is the most popular freebie sex-parks on the grid. Go ahead: go snooping. AR all of them. Nothing will happen because it's not against TOS when it is privately owned stuff for personal, private use.

This will be my last reply on this subject regarding the TOS and its context.

You have my permission to place the last word on it.

My case is made and it is sound. The smart and wise people should read and interpret the TOS for themselves. Debating about whether it is right, wrong, allowed, disallowed and all the rest is nonsense because I have it set up the way I describe and you poo-poo the idea. *shrugs* - Come visit me, inspect all my stuff, and AR me. I am serious, this is not some quip or intended diatribe. This invitation is open to anyone.

*Toothy-Grin*

what you are referring to is the requirements for a mature sim.Everything must be inside and on an invite only parcel. Plus seeing outside the parcel must be unchecked.

Adult: sex anywhere

Mature: inside out of sight and no access to passers by

General: No sex anywhere

I see nothing anywhere about adult stuff being allowed on a general sim.

I don't care what you do on your parcel, i'm just saying don't make any enemies.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2017 at 1:15 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

yes you might be wrong, if they only are near naked others with their genitalia attached, is allowed.

Only being near, or participating in active sexual play is not allowed..

the classification you use "Adult Male avatar" means nothing.

 

sorry that's f*cked. lol. no matter how immersive the roleplay no child is going to want to be anywhere near naked adult males. If this situation is happening, there's some pedophilia play going on. But I'm biased as all hell. If it were up to me, I'd blanket ban all child avatars permanently and report them all to authorities. If you disagree, I suggest seeing a shrink IRL. 

Edited by Parx Oran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Parx Oran said:

If it were up to me, I'd blanket ban all child avatars permanently and report them all to authorities. If you disagree, I suggest seeing a shrink IRL. 

"This is my opinion, and if you disagree with it you're mentally ill."

There are many women in SL who cannot have children in real life, and they roleplay harmless family dynamics in Second Life with the help of others, some of whom had unhappy real life childhoods and want to experience better ones in a loving SL family home.

I'm not exactly fond of child avatars myself, if I'm honest. I've had troublemaking kid avis roleplay-whisper behind my back (in general shopping locations in SL) that I "must be a paedophile" purely because I'm a guy and they've overheard me mention my boyfriend in local chat with someone else. Because, apparently, it's "just a joke" to accuse a gay man of being a paedophile.

But I would not blanket ban a niche group such as child avatars in SL, just as I wouldn't blanket ban a niche group such as men who want to run around shooting each other in SL. One is no less worthy of a place in this virtual world than the other.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

"This is my opinion, and if you disagree with it you're mentally ill."

 

anything can sound dumb if you phrase it like that. it's more along the lines of "maybe people shouldn't be child avatars in a glorified sex simulator because... idk having sex with kids is wrong. Beyond wrong."

I understand there are people who can't have kids and would like to pretend to raise some. That is unfortunate. However, it is the ones who play as the kids that worry me. In this game, you can be anything and do anything in the world, which means people's choice in avatars tells a lot about one's character. In most cases, people choose to go through SL as what they find attractive, or whatever rocks their jollies. Simple math tells me these people are not anything good. And there have been too many incidents where I've been correct. A couple friends and i one day decided to visit one of these child avatar sims for a silly bout of "point and laugh." What we found though was horrifying. On one of the walls, there were dozens of sexualized pictures of kid avatars. I could describe them, but Jesus dude. There are people who, yes, have pure hearts and only want to play as child avatars because it's fun. But the sad truth is, this game has a serious pedophilia problem because people know the Lindens don't administrate often. In this case, it'd be better to scorch the earth so that this game doesn't harbor wackjob kiddy diddlers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

"This is my opinion, and if you disagree with it you're mentally ill."

There are many women in SL who cannot have children in real life, and they roleplay harmless family dynamics in Second Life with the help of others, some of whom had unhappy real life childhoods and want to experience better ones in a loving SL family home.

I'm not exactly fond of child avatars myself, if I'm honest. I've had troublemaking kid avis roleplay-whisper behind my back (in general shopping locations in SL) that I "must be a paedophile" purely because I'm a guy and they've overheard me mention my boyfriend in local chat with someone else. Because, apparently, it's "just a joke" to accuse a gay man of being a paedophile.

But I would not blanket ban a niche group such as child avatars in SL, just as I wouldn't blanket ban a niche group such as men who want to run around shooting each other in SL. One is no less worthy of a place in this virtual world than the other.

You know Skell , this reminded me that there are many virtual online and single player games out there which feature shooting and disallow any kid NPCs/characterizations (like GTA) or the killing of child NPCs like in Skyrim and The Sims (The Sims 2 did have a rash of age inappropriate mods out there though so the problem was still there in context to pedophilia on that front as well). *note: I'm simply pointing this out in context to the virtual enviorment which SL shares as a platform.

Edited by Hunter Stern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Parx Oran said:

anything can sound dumb if you phrase it like that. it's more along the lines of "maybe people shouldn't be child avatars in a glorified sex simulator because... idk having sex with kids is wrong. Beyond wrong."

I understand there are people who can't have kids and would like to pretend to raise some. That is unfortunate. However, it is the ones who play as the kids that worry me. In this game, you can be anything and do anything in the world, which means people's choice in avatars tells a lot about one's character. In most cases, people choose to go through SL as what they find attractive, or whatever rocks their jollies. Simple math tells me these people are not anything good. And there have been too many incidents where I've been correct. A couple friends and i one day decided to visit one of these child avatar sims for a silly bout of "point and laugh." What we found though was horrifying. On one of the walls, there were dozens of sexualized pictures of kid avatars. I could describe them, but Jesus dude. There are people who, yes, have pure hearts and only want to play as child avatars because it's fun. But the sad truth is, this game has a serious pedophilia problem because people know the Lindens don't administrate often. In this case, it'd be better to scorch the earth so that this game doesn't harbor wackjob kiddy diddlers.

You submitted ARs for what you saw, right? LL can't do anything if nobody tells them about it.

How many people who are into SL combat are wanna-be serial killers or terrorists? Better to get rid of SL combat completely than allow people like that to be in SL. That sort of thinking is a great way to reduce SL to nothing. If you see something that's against the TOS then AR it. If it's something you don't like but it's within the TOS, stay away from it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

You submitted ARs for what you saw, right? LL can't do anything if nobody tells them about it.

How many people who are into SL combat are wanna-be serial killers or terrorists? Better to get rid of SL combat completely than allow people like that to be in SL. That sort of thinking is a great way to reduce SL to nothing. If you see something that's against the TOS then AR it. If it's something you don't like but it's within the TOS, stay away from it.

I'll be honest. Abuse reporting is pointless and never once in the 10 some-odd years I've been playing this game have any of them had action taken. The combat community has turned into an un-administrated pile of doxxing, and copybotting because the lindens don't administrate anymore. There was a situation where some of us sat in a panel because somebody came along and copybotted everybody's armor in the community to stir the pot for fun. Keep in mind that armors are custom designed, and meshed for each military. A lot of work and money is put into them. We had submitted our cases to the lindens multiple times, and not a single one got a response. So since there was no sense of justice for anybody, it caused the leader of one of the older military groups to get outraged and doxx and attempt to SWAT the individuals involved. Banning this individual from sims wasn't enough, so this copybotter's real life information was released into multiple chat groups. I'll be keeping names out of this as the situation was handled last year. The copybotter has since apologized and said over voice in front of an organized panel of administrators "I had no clue what I was stepping into despite all the warnings, and I'm sorry."

So the community since then has figured out the lindens are no longer here and formed our own broken administration because of it. Get online right now, and type in "linden" into the people search. You'll notice not a single one is online ever.

They're gone, and we're left to our own devices without abuse reporting.So what did I do to the child avatar sim? nothing. There is nothing we can do without getting our hands dirty, and I don't want to do that. And I definitely don't want anything to do with that filth of a community. That is why I say the lindens should just scorch the earth, and blanket ban all child avatars. It's disgusting, and it's too difficult to place morals for individuals. As for your terrorist analogy, I know there are some who have taken the game to RL, and beaten people who lived nearby for opposing their factions. So terrorist, no. But the violence and hatred runs deep enough to where our silly little videogame violence becomes real.

Edited by Parx Oran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Parx Oran said:

I'll be honest. Abuse reporting is pointless and never once in the 10 some-odd years I've been playing this game have any of them had action taken. 

Honesty is not knowledge. Your own personal experience is one data point. My abuse reports have resulted in action, as have those of many people I know. If I simply weigh the evidence in front of me, I could conclude that you AR things that are not violations of the ToS. I will not dispute the idea that your reporting is pointless.

16 hours ago, Parx Oran said:

But I'm biased as all hell. If it were up to me, I'd blanket ban all child avatars permanently and report them all to authorities. If you disagree, I suggest seeing a shrink IRL. 

 

6 hours ago, Parx Oran said:

anything can sound dumb if you phrase it like that.

Agreed, and you seem to possess a special gift for it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had action taken on abuse reports too, in the griefing objects category, at least in terms of them clearing up the mess. I have no expectation they would tell me what they did to the perpetrator as that is none of my business.

They are also pretty prompt on incidents too, I once thought I had inadvertently broken some sims by sailing my boat into the corner and when I logged in my boat was circling the corner around 4 sims and I couldn't get into any of them to retrieve it so I sort of reported myself in the incident report. Within the hour, I got a nice reassuring message it was unlikely I had been responsible and that the sims had been restarted and all seemed good now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Honesty is not knowledge. Your own personal experience is one data point. My abuse reports have resulted in action, as have those of many people I know. If I simply weigh the evidence in front of me, I could conclude that you AR things that are not violations of the ToS. I will not dispute the idea that your reporting is pointless.

 

Agreed, and you seem to possess a special gift for it.

ho ho ho~ clever clever. I edited the post. Most of the issues the SLMC deals with are far worse than any of this "this guy bumped me in a furry club" BS

had a guy show me my own address several months ago, and did the lindens do anything? naw.

somebody got doxxed and swatted, did the lindens do anything? nope.

furthermore, the guy that got doxxed and swatted was doxxed and swatted because the lindens didn't take action for his serial copybotting spree. did the lindens lift a finger? No.

several months ago somebody posted somebody's uncensored driver's license to a very large group for fun. did the lindens do anything? nuh uh.

the entire combat community is convinced they are gone. and as a result, people are debating creating our own administrative process where if anybody breaks the community taboos and rules, they get doxxed. I'd rather the lindens come back. Some would prefer to keep the lindens out of it. It's dumb, but the kind of stuff people get action taken with is trivial BS like "Oh god, he didn't call me by my proper pronouns, ban him." which leaves the real issues unadministrated.

Edited in: With that experience and that large of a population with the same experience, it's not too far to believe they won't lift a finger for other issues in other communities.

 

 

Edited by Parx Oran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Parx Oran said:

ho ho ho~ clever clever. I edited the post. Most of the issues the SLMC deals with are far worse than any of this "this guy bumped me in a furry club" BS

had a guy show me my own address several months ago, and did the lindens do anything? naw.

somebody got doxxed and swatted, did the lindens do anything? nope.

several months ago somebody posted somebody's uncensored driver's license to a very large group for fun. did the lindens do anything? nuh uh.

the entire combat community is convinced they are gone. and as a result, people are debating creating our own administrative process where if anybody breaks the community taboos and rules, they get doxxed. I'd rather the lindens come back. Some would prefer to keep the lindens out of it. It's dumb, but the kind of stuff people get action taken with is trivial BS like "Oh god, he didn't call me by my proper pronouns, ban him." which leaves the real issues unadministrated.

 

 

So you think the answer to someone doxxing is to doxx them?

Swatting is also outside the lindens remit as it occurs outside the game and they have no logs of it on which to base decisions and a matter to report to the police

The way you describe your community makes them sound like they are full of problem people, maybe it is the combat community that we should be looking to wipe from sl rather than child avi's most of which are used for quite legitimate and harmless reasons.

(note no I am not really suggesting that they should all be banned just making the point that Parx paints his community in quite a bad light here and makes it sound like there are constant issues with them. Would certainly put me off joining them)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

So you think the answer to someone doxxing is to doxx them?

Swatting is also outside the lindens remit as it occurs outside the game and they have no logs of it on which to base decisions and a matter to report to the police

The way you describe your community makes them sound like they are full of problem people, maybe it is the combat community that we should be looking to wipe from sl rather than child avi's most of which are used for quite legitimate and harmless reasons.

(note no I am not really suggesting that they should all be banned just making the point that Parx paints his community in quite a bad light here and makes it sound like there are constant issues with them. Would certainly put me off joining them)

 

Not me personally. But the unfortunate thing is a lot of higher-ups in the combat community think its the only way to keep people from doing dumb stuff since the lindens have proven time and time again they won't help us. I know the stance of our faction, and our stance is to sit back and watch the fireworks go off. We'd rather keep our hands clean and not get involved. Even though our armor was copybotted a couple months ago we know that somebody in another faction will be upset enough to bring that guy justice. We sat back, and the issue was solved.

Edited by Parx Oran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

 

(note no I am not really suggesting that they should all be banned just making the point that Parx paints his community in quite a bad light here and makes it sound like there are constant issues with them. Would certainly put me off joining them)

 

 

Our community has maybe 3 of these level issues a year MAYBE. and no worries. everybody in the SLMC that is in it, knows it is toxic. But that sort of toxicity only shows up in two groups. 

The Fray, and the SLMN. Since an event last year that resulted in a lot of cancer, many people have left those groups since then and have opted towards a more civil approach. The groups are still alive, and are very much posted in frequently (the content of which i don't know, and don't care to know because i left those groups alongside a very, very large percentage of the community)

 

But this thread isnt about the combat community, its about child avatars, and abuse reporting.

I'm just telling you my experience with ARs, and hopefully a linden will come by and read this and realize "oh sh*t, we need more active admins otherwise we're gonna get a bunch of pedophilic troglodytes doxxing each other."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Parx Oran said:

Our community has maybe 3 of these level issues a year MAYBE. and no worries. everybody in the SLMC that is in it, knows it is toxic. But that sort of toxicity only shows up in two groups. 

The Fray, and the SLMN. Since an event last year that resulted in a lot of cancer, many people have left those groups since then and have opted towards a more civil approach. The groups are still alive, and are very much posted in frequently (the content of which i don't know, and don't care to know because i left those groups alongside a very, very large percentage of the community)

 

But this thread isnt about the combat community, its about child avatars, and abuse reporting.

I'm just telling you my experience with ARs, and hopefully a linden will come by and read this and realize "oh sh*t, we need more active admins otherwise we're gonna get a bunch of pedophilic troglodytes doxxing each other."

We have a lot of evidence on these forums that LL do look at abuse reports, that implies they looked at yours, that further implies that the AR you put out was not TOS breaking. If there is one thing LL do take seriously it is paedophilia and many have been banned over the years for just rping being under age. Sounds to me like your dislike of child avi's is colouring your judgement if I am honest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KanryDrago said:

We have a lot of evidence on these forums that LL do look at abuse reports, that implies they looked at yours, that further implies that the AR you put out was not TOS breaking. If there is one thing LL do take seriously it is paedophilia and many have been banned over the years for just rping being under age. Sounds to me like your dislike of child avi's is colouring your judgement if I am honest.

i have to respectively disagree and assure you that all the situations listed were against TOS, and even merited legal intervention (in one or two cases it was necessary) but the lindens either dismissed them as "call the cops this case is closed." or just didn't respond at all even when people were trying to file DMCAs. I'm glad to hear that they administrate pedophilia because the issue is rampant.

My argument which i'm aware is extreme is to blanket ban child avatars. Gets rid of pedophilia as a whole, and forces the kiddie diddlers to find a new platform.

 

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You make that sound like a bad thing.

Ha, I like you, join the combine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Parx Oran said:

i have to respectively disagree and assure you that all the situations listed were against TOS, and even merited legal intervention (in one or two cases it was necessary) but the lindens either dismissed them as "call the cops this case is closed." or just didn't respond at all even when people were trying to file DMCAs. I'm glad to hear that they administrate pedophilia because the issue is rampant.

My argument which i'm aware is extreme is to blanket ban child avatars. Gets rid of pedophilia as a whole, and forces the kiddie diddlers to find a new platform.

 

Ha, I like you, join the combine.

Because you believe they are TOS breaking doesn't make you right.

When they said case closed call the cops then they are telling you that is outside there juridstriction, such as the swatting you mentioned and exactly the sort of response I would expect. Did you call the cops?

As to paedophilia being rampant and banning all child avi's . The number of child avi's that are involved in that are probably a small percentage. While I find child avi's irritating and avoid them as far as possible some of the sims I goto do allow them in and I have yet to see any of them doing anything even remotely sexual or anyone else dealing with them in a sexual manner or acting in a sexual manner around them with other adult avi's

You want to ruin a lot of peoples innocent enjoyment for the small percentage of child avi's that partake in that?

I repeat LL have to take paedophilia seriously, it is probably the one thing that could shut them down . I believe therefore that any ar involving paedophilia is going to be looked at extremely seriously and LL are going to err on the side of caution and banhammer if there is a reasonable chance people will take it thus. Therefore despite your assertions it was Tos breaking if LL didnt banhammer then I suspect you are wrong in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

Because you believe they are TOS breaking doesn't make you right.

When they said case closed call the cops then they are telling you that is outside there juridstriction, such as the swatting you mentioned and exactly the sort of response I would expect. Did you call the cops?

As to paedophilia being rampant and banning all child avi's . The number of child avi's that are involved in that are probably a small percentage. While I find child avi's irritating and avoid them as far as possible some of the sims I goto do allow them in and I have yet to see any of them doing anything even remotely sexual or anyone else dealing with them in a sexual manner or acting in a sexual manner around them with other adult avi's

You want to ruin a lot of peoples innocent enjoyment for the small percentage of child avi's that partake in that?

I repeat LL have to take paedophilia seriously, it is probably the one thing that could shut them down . I believe therefore that any ar involving paedophilia is going to be looked at extremely seriously and LL are going to err on the side of caution and banhammer if there is a reasonable chance people will take it thus. Therefore despite your assertions it was Tos breaking if LL didnt banhammer then I suspect you are wrong in that.

ha ha nobody swatted me. Somebody attempted a swat on the serial copybotter. 

Somebody showed me my own address on the SL platform. That is well within their jurisdiction. Simple. Ban people who do that stuff. That goes well beyond just harassment.

Can't report to the police without a real name.

Edited: anyways this was solved several months ago, but without linden assistance. All of these situations had to get solved without lindens, however things would be so much cleaner if they had more active and online lindens to deal with issues on a case by case basis.

 

Edited by Parx Oran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Parx Oran said:

ha ha nobody swatted me. Somebody attempted a swat on the serial copybotter. 

Somebody showed me my own address on the SL platform. That is well within their jurisdiction. Simple. Ban people who do that stuff. That goes well beyond just harassment.

Can't report to the police without a real name.

 

ah so it was of the "good guys" breaking the law

If someone found your real address you have been careless, which is not to exonerate merely to point out you should go over your digital trail and work out where you are leaking info

As to can't report to the police without a real name that is crap, you report it, the police issue a warrant to sl to get billing info/ip address etc and then they prosecute if they believe there is a case to answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KanryDrago said:

ah so it was of the "good guys" breaking the law

If someone found your real address you have been careless, which is not to exonerate merely to point out you should go over your digital trail and work out where you are leaking info

As to can't report to the police without a real name that is crap, you report it, the police issue a warrant to sl to get billing info/ip address etc and then they prosecute if they believe there is a case to answer

"good guys" isnt the right word sandwich.

we're getting sidetracked. Anyways moral of the past page is:

~~~~Kobi should have reported pedophiles instead of stubbornly assumed the Lindens treat the rest of the grid like the SLMC~~~~

-._.-*-.YAY.-*-._.-

 

Edited by Parx Oran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Parx Oran said:

 idk having sex with kids is wrong. Beyond wrong."

100% correct, but that is not what many of the child avatars are about.

 

8 hours ago, Parx Oran said:

 However, it is the ones who play as the kids that worry me. In this game, you can be anything and do anything in the world, which means people's choice in avatars tells a lot about one's character. In most cases, people choose to go through SL as what they find attractive, or whatever rocks their jollies. Simple math tells me these people are not anything good. 

While you might have run into a lot of folks not playing child avatars for good reasons, there are many that are playing child avatars because their childhood totally sucked, for a variety of reasons, and they just want to be a child again and have a good childhood experience.

 

If you find something wrong going on, definitely AR it, but don't judge everyone here based on your own personal experiences.  SL is way too large for you to assume that your experiences represent the whole or majority of SL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Parx Oran said:

I'll be honest. Abuse reporting is pointless ..

So the community since then has figured out the lindens are no longer here and formed our own broken administration because of it. Get online right now, and type in "linden" into the people search. You'll notice not a single one is online ever.

They're gone, and we're left to our own devices without abuse reporting.So what did I do to the child avatar sim? nothing. There is nothing we can do without getting our hands dirty, .

Totally wrong. I have ARd things related to adult-child activities and the involved accounts are  no longer here.

 

Mostly it is a matter of what you actually KNOW to be going on (via chat, IM, and/or pictures) vs what you THINK is going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Parx Oran said:

I understand there are people who can't have kids and would like to pretend to raise some. That is unfortunate. However, it is the ones who play as the kids that worry me. In this game, you can be anything and do anything in the world, which means people's choice in avatars tells a lot about one's character. In most cases, people choose to go through SL as what they find attractive, or whatever rocks their jollies. Simple math tells me these people are not anything good. 

I became a child in SL to avoid being approached sexually (I actually wore a hijab the first month I joined, hoping it would have the same affect, until I realized I had the option of using a child av). I try to stick to G-rated family community sims, so I haven't ever encountered any of the issues others may have experienced. The first sim I lived on was run by members of the LDS (Mormon) Church.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...