Poseballs! Or not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I prefer click and sit, because it's cleaner, you get a menu to choose a position and more pleasant to the eyes.

Poseballs do have a purpose at clubs. If you want to dance with your partner, who leads?

As far as chairs and couches and beds, yeah, poseballs do seem outdated now.

It's an interesting question. The furniture with animations that I sold always used poseballs until no-balls stuff was mentioned in the forum and I got someone to take me to a place that sold it. Not long afterwards all my furniture went over to my no-balls system. The reason that I find it an interesting question is because sometimes a customer would say that they prefer poseballs. As I still had those versions in my inventory, I supplied them. If this question had been asked before I closed the store, I could have put both versions in the store and arrived at a reasonably convincing answer, but I never did that.

As for adjusting positions, I always prefered the MLP's poseball method to the menu method that I wrote for my no-balls system.

33 minutes ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

I prefer click and sit, because it's cleaner, you get a menu to choose a position and more pleasant to the eyes.

Poseballs do have a purpose at clubs. If you want to dance with your partner, who leads?

As far as chairs and couches and beds, yeah, poseballs do seem outdated now.

Yeah, I didn't include clubs for the simple fact it's a must unless everyone has a dance HUD.

Most furniture creators don't write their own animations system, so neither is easier to use than the other, except when initially positioning the avatars for each animation. For positioning, I found that it was easier to use the MLP poseballs system (that I didn't write), which uses the normal Edit box, than to use my no-balls system (that I did write), which uses menus.

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

Also, AvSitter is now free, and something almost everyone should learn to use, so there is little reason to use old poseball scripts.

I peeked at MP for Avsitter and found one for 2,999L$. If there is a free one, I'd like the url. It would be great for practice before laying out close to 3kL$.

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon

9 minutes ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

I peeked at MP for Avsitter and found one for 2,999L$. If there is a free one, I'd like the url. It would be great for practice before laying out close to 3kL$.

Check out the Avsitter website.  There are links there to the github downloads

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chrismaky said:

If you can download it directly from their website then why is it listed on MP for 3k??? That seems like a ripoff to me.

Not entirely sure.  I think it has something to do with automatic updates.  ie if you rez a previously purchased box it will automatically send you any updates. 

This is not a definite.  Just what I saw mentioned in the unofficial avsitter group.

Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

Not entirely sure.  I think it has something to do with automatic updates.  ie if you rez a previously purchased box it will automatically send you any updates. 

This is not a definite.  Just what I saw mentioned in the unofficial avsitter group.

But that still doesn't make any sense when they can just change the price in the mp. Or they are not aware people can download it right from their site...

6 minutes ago, Chrismaky said:

But that still doesn't make any sense when they can just change the price in the mp. Or they are not aware people can download it right from their site...

She lists the benefits of buying the package from the MP vs  downloading it all yourself and personally after using it for a few years now, the example items to help you are well worth the purchase cost to me personally. The choice is there

"AVsitter and plugins were made open-source and released to the community on 31 July 2017.
The AVsitter scripts can be freely obtained from the GitHub repository (https://avsitter.github.io).

The official packaged AVsitter will continue to be available here on the marketplace.
Benefits to purchasing the official packaged AVsitter include:

* the latest release in-world, packaged and “ready to go”
* automatic in-world updates of new packaged releases
* over 40 example items showing AVsitter's many features at work - a valuable learning tool"

• Like 1

I prefer clickysit for most things. It makes the technical aspect of using furniture less intrusive, making the experience, on the whole, more immersive.

I've been seeing more furniture that allows an adjustment save to be applied to all poses. It probably literally does what it says, but because of different animations having different offsets, it doesn't do what it implies.

I think the only thing i've used poseballs is in furniture with adult animations, for single poses and animations i went over to an anti-poseball script then an easy adjust system, in my studio where all my poses are tested i use a menu driven pose stand i can hide with a click. As a buyer of furniture i do prefer to not have poseballs as it saves on prims 

Built into a piece of furniture no poseball is better, but for a separate pose, the poseball is much better, in this situation you can click edit on the poseball, then jump on it,then move the poseball,and yourself into the exact position you want. doing this i recently took a pose designed to look like i was flying like superman, to make me hanging off of a ladder.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.