Should nudity, sex and adult sims only be for premium members?

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry, but I think trying to police avatars' behaviour on the basis of their membership status is a dreadful idea.   I understand the argument for restricting content based on the land's maturity level, though when it was first introduced it was extremely disruptive, but I can't see any good reason for this, other than simply to strong-arm people into taking out premium membership.   That would have terrible effects on LL's relationship with its customers.    It would also present landowners with a major headache -- Adult regions comprise about a third of all privately-owned regions in LL, and their owners bought them on the basis anyone would be able to visit and rent land there.   Restricting access to premium-only accounts would have a dire effect on many of them. 

• Like 13

Nope, and while it does exist in other virtual worlds, it's not the most popular aspect. In fact, a lot of folks hate it, and that's part of why they ventured away from there, to come here....even if they remain in both worlds

It would be an extremely idiotic move on LL's part(though they wouldn't do it anyway) and would cut into their bottom line-which is THE most important aspect to LL(of course, it's a business). It might make *some* people switch to premium, but it's not enough incentive for most. Folks could easily go wherever they want, IM whatever they want. Some of us aren't the " strip naked, hop on a poseball and hump like rabbits" sort when it comes to sex in a virtual world. Some of us are capable of roleplaying the entire thing out, fully clothed, hell not even on the same sim ;) 

LL can't control people's imaginations

• Like 7

Also, some sex sims are now hosting earn free Linden games, since December I've come across 3, one even had a child avatar playing in it and even spoke like a smart alec kid when I messaged him, I'm sure RL kids in adult avatars must be too. game creators seemed ok with it when I pointed it out.

I've played these games often since years never was te case before.

25 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

Nope, and while it does exist in other virtual worlds, it's not the most popular aspect. In fact, a lot of folks hate it, and that's part of why they ventured away from there, to come here....even if they remain in both worlds

It would be an extremely idiotic move on LL's part(though they wouldn't do it anyway) and would cut into their bottom line-which is THE most important aspect to LL(of course, it's a business). It might make *some* people switch to premium, but it's not enough incentive for most. Folks could easily go wherever they want, IM whatever they want. Some of us aren't the " strip naked, hop on a poseball and hump like rabbits" sort when it comes to sex in a virtual world. Some of us are capable of roleplaying the entire thing out, fully clothed, hell not even on the same sim ;) 

LL can't control people's imaginations

Non-paying people do imaginary stuff in RLC too. no wrong in that.

And if you're not a sex bunny why are you finding offense is something decent?

Edited by bebejee

7 minutes ago, bebejee said:

Some software?

With most online environments like RLC, the developers provide things like animations and objects. In Second Life animations are made by users and there's no automatic way for the system to distinguish a sex animation from any other type of animation.

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 4

It sounds like a terrible idea. I don't partake of much of the adult scene in SL but I'm glad it's there because it contributes greatly to the economy and population. Nudity is also a basic expectation for mesh avatars. I doubt LL would want to affect the fashion industry in SL. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, bebejee said:

Non paying people do imaginary stuff in RLC too.

I wouldn't say non premium members are non paying members..

LL would lose a lot of revenue if they did what RLC does..

LL is more in the virtual land business than anything.. there is a lot of non premium members that are paying for land in private sims..So many of them are really awesome creators and contributors to the community as well..

There isn't much you can do in RLC unless you pay for it..You can't build,you can't  IM anyone off your friends list.You can't buy and wear clothes outside of the default..You can't go into Curio,which really Curio, they should be paying people to go into..hehehehe

I don't think modeling after RLC would be too healthy a thing to do for LL..

I think they get 2600 logins on a really god day? That's paying and non paying I believe.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, bebejee said:

RLC only allows full members to be nude and have sex animations, and Red Lite center is a sex related virtual world.

Yes and that's why they do it. However Second life is a virtual reality, not a platform designed solely for virtual sex.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, bebejee said:

Non-paying people do imaginary stuff in RLC too. no wrong in that.

And if you're not a sex bunny why are you finding offense is something decent?

Why on earth do you think I find something decent offensive? lmao

You're projecting here, I don't know hwy, don't particularly care why.

I'm not offended by adult content(the vast majority...none of my business what consenting adults do), nor am I offended by pg content :) 

Actually, few things ever really offend me...and none of them exist in sl :D 

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, bebejee said:

RLC I recall being able to look up friends list and IM them even as a free member.

You can IM people only on your friends list,not off of it..

In other words ,if they are not on your friends list you can't IM them unless you are VIP..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

So who is gonna stop non-premium members from having sex, or from being naked. 

1 hour ago, bebejee said:

Some software?

I can see a new market here: 100% transparent clothes. ^_^

• Like 7

Ok so the idea here is obviously that this will generate additional income for Linden Labs. but consider this. In these adult sims, often activities happen that cause Lindens to flow from one avi to another, This flow of Lindens starts somewhere with someone buying them, which makes Linden Labs some money. If you cut off non premium members from the opportunity to participate in this activity. you potentially cut of the purchase of those Lindens, so overall LL might actually suffer from such a move.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zsigmond Alcott said:

There is sex in SL????? O.o

Yes, it just isn't real sex. and it isn't really as satisfying. Like the way SL wine won't get you drunk, 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.