How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

This is going to be a poster for an upcoming show (which is why there is so much blank space), but I can't post that here (except a teeny version in my signature), so I thought I'd just post the shot itself. I spent maybe an hour fiddling with this in Photoshop, and then accidentally looked at the raw shot, and decided it was better than my processed version. I'm sure there is a lesson there . . .

I did deepen the colours a bit and cropped slightly, but otherwise this is straight from the viewer (Black Dragon).

When-You-Open-a-Door-(SM)-Blank.thumb.png.ffbc4c327782c3d978dc85588decd120.png

• Like 25

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I spent maybe an hour fiddling with this in Photoshop, and then accidentally looked at the raw shot, and decided it was better than my processed version. I'm sure there is a lesson there . . .

More often than not, when I'm rendering one of my non-SL painting pieces, I turn off my paint layer and look at my base sketch and go, "Y'know... that's just way better." It's a universal artist experience, I think.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is going to be a poster for an upcoming show (which is why there is so much blank space), but I can't post that here (except a teeny version in my signature), so I thought I'd just post the shot itself. I spent maybe an hour fiddling with this in Photoshop, and then accidentally looked at the raw shot, and decided it was better than my processed version. I'm sure there is a lesson there . . .

I did deepen the colours a bit and cropped slightly, but otherwise this is straight from the viewer (Black Dragon).

This is why I love BD... I usually tend to do very little, or no editing for the shots I produce via that viewer, thanks to the lighting and WL/EEP options it's got loaded. It's also one of the best Windows viewers that currently runs well in Linux via Wine for me, so there's that. :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LittleSparrow Skydancer said:

how does your avatar look today and here I am on my wee phone scrolling through the pics and I see dark snapshots where I gotta play where is Waldo in the dark lol . Love it

I don't think these pics are created to be viewed on a phone. I make mine to be viewed on a laptop as a minimum. I use a 55" tv as a monitor when I'm working on pics for here.

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

I don't think these pics are created to be viewed on a phone. I make mine to be viewed on a laptop as a minimum. I use a 55" tv as a monitor when I'm working on pics for here.

Oh pardon me then, I guess everyone should use a 55 in monitor .. 

the forums were and are meant to be viewed on any device.

Edited by LittleSparrow Skydancer
In addition
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, LittleSparrow Skydancer said:

Ever since I got onto SL last year... yeah, noticed quickly that sometimes it is good to resize photos a bit. I generally try to keep my file size under 4 MB. I also use JPGs as PNGs are too large most of the time for general web viewing (unless I'm uploading to flickr).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleSparrow Skydancer said:

There are times I have to use a phone to look at the forums. I expect some pics to be hard to see. I can't work on my pics on my phone, and my pics aren't designed to be viewed on one. If it works, that's great, but I won't proof them to see if they do. 

1 hour ago, JeromFranzic said:

Ever since I got onto SL last year... yeah, noticed quickly that sometimes it is good to resize photos a bit. I generally try to keep my file size under 4 MB. I also use JPGs as PNGs are too large most of the time for general web viewing (unless I'm uploading to flickr).

What problems have you run into with png"s? My images are usually taken at 2048 x 1107. I haven't had issues...yet...