How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

7 hours ago, ananoelle said:

I had a class in "Is Gor for you," today. Lets just say not for I .. 

Snapshot_006.png

As someone who isn't in Gor in Second Life but works for a radio station that broadcasts to the Gorean community, I'm glad to hear that you got to find out what Gor is about (as opposed to what people think it's about). It's definitely not to everyone's taste, and I would advise anyone who's curious about Gor (and indeed any kind of D/s role-play) to learn what they're getting themselves into, and not take the first collar that's waved at them. (Been there, done that, lesson learnt.)

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

to learn what they're getting themselves into, and not take the first collar that's waved at them.

I completely agree. I am not one to partake in any kind of D/s rp or rp in general  but I opened my mind to finding out what the community is all about. There was a lot of "Say what and come again" responses from me while we visited different buildings where it was explained in detail what happens there, by whom and when (all the while my brain is stuck O.o at "inspection papers.") After the 101 class I was offered to join a community to further my training with the cities, slave trainer if I wanted. My response was articulate, "F-off" (in a lol kinda way.) 

I find it hard enough to be me without having to rp someone/thing I am not. This is why rp has never appealed to me but SL is becoming meh after only being back a few months and I am needing "different" to keep me here otherwise I'm off on another SL break.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I love this look on you, the wet bangs are super cute!

Thanks!  I took a little stroll through Argrace's older hair and picked up a couple fun styles.  I used to wear a lot of their hairs back in the day.  Cute little hat/hair combos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Thanks!  I took a little stroll through Argrace's older hair and picked up a couple fun styles.  I used to wear a lot of their hairs back in the day.  Cute little hat/hair combos.

While "deep diving" into the Dura selections, I was surprised to see that anything with a "head covering" in addition to the hair was a "combo".  Learned something!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ananoelle said:

I completely agree. I am not one to partake in any kind of D/s rp or rp in general  but I opened my mind to finding out what the community is all about. There was a lot of "Say what and come again" responses from me while we visited different buildings where it was explained in detail what happens there, by whom and when (all the while my brain is stuck O.o at "inspection papers.") After the 101 class I was offered to join a community to further my training with the cities, slave trainer if I wanted. My response was articulate, "F-off" (in a lol kinda way.) 

I find it hard enough to be me without having to rp someone/thing I am not. This is why rp has never appealed to me but SL is becoming meh after only being back a few months and I am needing "different" to keep me here otherwise I'm off on another SL break.  

The shrinks that have done studies with the Lab's help concluded the people that stay in SL are those that have good interaction with others. Needing something different is not likely to do much for you. Meeting people and engaging is likely to do something. Choosing to do things is likely to do something.

While our environment is conditioning people to be victims and look to some authority for a way out, we can just change our thinking and decide to look at things differently. What happens when you decide your avatar is you and you are exploring a new world? That concept removes the RP ideas. You are free to experiment with new behaviors, dress in ways you never would in RL, say things you wouldn't normally... Want to be a total a-hole and tell some clown what you really think? In a worst case scenario you might get banned for a few days.

You are only limited by your imagination. If you have no imagination and only have the rigid thinking society conditions people into... then you probably won't enjoy SL and should leave.

image.jpeg.bbe0fe2045acaf21222a597b168fb34b.jpeg

There are people that think being locked up somewhere is exciting... personally, I have yet to figure out how that works.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The shrinks that have done studies with the Lab's help concluded the people that stay in SL are those that have good interaction with others. Needing something different is not likely to do much for you. Meeting people and engaging is likely to do something. Choosing to do things is likely to do something.

While our environment is conditioning people to be victims and look to some authority for a way out, we can just change our thinking and decide to look at things differently. What happens when you decide your avatar is you and you are exploring a new world? That concept removes the RP ideas. You are free to experiment with new behaviors, dress in ways you never would in RL, say things you wouldn't normally... Want to be a total a-hole and tell some clown what you really think? In a worst case scenario you might get banned for a few days.

You are only limited by your imagination. If you have no imagination and only have the rigid thinking society conditions people into... then you probably won't enjoy SL and should leave.

image.jpeg.bbe0fe2045acaf21222a597b168fb34b.jpeg

There are people that think being locked up somewhere is exciting... personally, I have yet to figure out how that works.

those colors remind me to a tv show... starting with the colors, but with screens slowly lifted after every round ... ( contestants were slighly less dressed as you are :)  )

• Like 2
  • Haha 1