How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

There are some amazing pictures, and some astonishing avatars featured in this thread. And as importantly, we have a pretty cool, positive, and supportive community here.

So I thought it would be worthwhile celebrating those things with an in-world exhibition of images featured here.

This Saturday, 15 June, from 12 Noon to 2pm SLT, I'll be hosting the opening for an exhibition of a selection of that art at my in-world gallery, chosen from this thread and exhibited with the permission of the artists. DJing the event for us will be our own @SlammedSam, who has very graciously agreed to entertain us with a selection of music; I'll be setting out a place for dancing! The event is, of course, free, and the pictures are not for sale, although you can always contact individuals about purchasing a copy of an image you see exhibited.

Forum-Post-2-Blank.thumb.png.31b779a0d1b86b7ad13687a9c75768f0.png

To choose exhibitors and images, I simply went through this thread a few weeks ago, and chose what I personally thought were the nicest images. I produced as a result, quite a long list, longer than I can exhibit all at once, and I'm going to want, for that reason, to hold a second opening and exhibition a couple of months down the road to showcase those I've missed for this one (I simply worked from the top of my random list to choose for this exhibition). So I'll be contacting others of you in a few weeks about exhibiting for "Part II" of this exhibition.

This exhibition features 16 works by the following posters here:

@Aiyumei
@Charalyne Blackwood
@Danielle Atheria
@EmmaAsht0n
@Ice Luv
@JeromFranzic
@Jordyn McGregor
@Katherine Heartsong
@LexxiXhan
@Manu Mysterious
@Miguel Rowley
@Rowan Amore
@SlammedSam
@Tayt3rChip
@ValKalAstra
@Sabrina Nebula

Thank you to all of the exhibitors for agreeing to share their work with us!

This exhibition is about you, the people who have built this thread!!

PLEASE JOIN US on Saturday! It's a great chance to see some art, meet some forumites you've likely not met before, and celebrate the community we've built here!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Oculea/156/152/43

(I'm still setting up, though, so don't come yet!!!!)

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Forgot one person!!!
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 13
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There are some amazing pictures, and some astonishing avatars featured in this thread. And as importantly, we have a pretty cool, positive, and supportive community here.

So I thought it would be worthwhile celebrating those things with an in-world exhibition of images featured here.

This Saturday, 15 June, from 12 Noon to 2pm SLT, I'll be hosting the opening for an exhibition of a selection of that art at my in-world gallery, chosen from this thread and exhibited with the permission of the artists. DJing the event for us will be our own @SlammedSam, who has very graciously agreed to entertain us with a selection of music; I'll be setting out a place for dancing! The event is, of course, free, and the pictures are not for sale, although you can always contact individuals about purchasing a copy of an image you see exhibited.

To choose exhibitors and images, I simply went through this thread a few weeks ago, and chose what I personally thought were the nicest images. I produced as a result, quite a long list, longer than I can exhibit all at once, and I'm going to want, for that reason, to hold a second opening and exhibition a couple of months down the road to showcase those I've missed for this one (I simply worked from the top of my random list to choose for this exhibition). So I'll be contacting others of you in a few weeks about exhibiting for "Part II" of this exhibition.

This exhibition features 15 works by the following posters here:

@Charalyne Blackwood
@Danielle Atheria
@EmmaAsht0n
@Ice Luv
@JeromFranzic
@Jordyn McGregor
@Katherine Heartsong
@LexxiXhan
@Manu Mysterious
@Miguel Rowley
@Rowan Amore
@SlammedSam
@Tayt3rChip
@ValKalAstra
@Sabrina Nebula

PLEASE JOIN US on Saturday! It's a great chance to see some art, meet some forumites you've likely not met before, and celebrate the community we've built here!

/me makes a happydance! So excited to see the pictures and hopefully meet some of you guys 😍

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

@Charalyne Blackwood
@Danielle Atheria
@EmmaAsht0n
@Ice Luv
@JeromFranzic
@Jordyn McGregor
@Katherine Heartsong
@LexxiXhan
@Manu Mysterious
@Miguel Rowley
@Rowan Amore
@SlammedSam
@Tayt3rChip
@ValKalAstra
@Sabrina Nebula

I cannot express enough gratitude for your having chosen my work for your display!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

@Charalyne Blackwood
@Danielle Atheria
@EmmaAsht0n
@Ice Luv
@JeromFranzic
@Jordyn McGregor
@Katherine Heartsong
@LexxiXhan
@Manu Mysterious
@Miguel Rowley
@Rowan Amore
@SlammedSam
@Tayt3rChip
@ValKalAstra
@Sabrina Nebula

Such an amazing effort thanks @Scylla Rhiadra!!!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh my god I have discovered ISON. I thought my hair addiction was bad!!!! I do no want to know what I have just spent,

sindy-red-small.thumb.jpg.7972864680d777ff60d42f8cea619273.jpg

Edited by Sindy Lovelace
  • Like 16
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sindy Lovelace said:

Oh my god I have discovered ISON. I thought my hair addiction was bad!!!! I do no want to know what I have just spent,

Welcome to the Fans of Harry! I have that top and yes, there's a lot to love with his clothing. And damn girl, gorgeous look.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Sindy Lovelace said:

I am also an ISON addict! I think I have just about everything Harry has made lol

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

I cannot express enough gratitude for your having chosen my work for your display!!

I'm curious why SpiritSparrow finds mine and other responses to the same post humorous, and why the confusion over the original post by Scylla...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

I'm curious why SpiritSparrow finds mine and other responses to the same post humorous, and why the confusion over the original post by Scylla...

/me shrugs

I don't think it matters!

• Like 2

Ordinarily, of course, I edit the hell out of my pics. This is one I took for an exhibition, and it looked pretty good raw. I did some fairly minor surgery on one shoulder, but otherwise this is how it came out of the viewer.

Beach-Blank.thumb.png.ea1d7db9704199a6459311e1bc970002.png

• Like 27

so i switch alot between lelx avalon, AK and LAQ depending what i want for the day or week, someone posted about the updates so i ran to get it, the new eyeshadows and lippies in the hud are gorgeous, if anyone was to ask "why laq?" ..I think they have such a sultry eye look with the built in feathery lashes and the high quality shadows, its why i keep re attaching this head. 

laq.jpg

• Like 14

6 hours ago, xBaeBeex said:

so i switch alot between lelx avalon, AK and LAQ depending what i want for the day or week, someone posted about the updates so i ran to get it, the new eyeshadows and lippies in the hud are gorgeous, if anyone was to ask "why laq?" ..I think they have such a sultry eye look with the built in feathery lashes and the high quality shadows, its why i keep re attaching this head. 

laq.jpg

I tend to switch heads and bodies a lot myself lol... Erika... LaraX... Prim... system lol... that's why I keep my name tag on in world, and typically use the OSgrid.org Citizen group tag 99% of the time, unless I want some freebies.

My current favorite is the Prim head. I look like a kidult, regardless of how thin or heavy I look on a given day. (OK, maybe I look a bit Betty Boopish/adult when I'm on that head with the Erika body.)

• Like 4