How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

In the desperate and probably forlorn hope of atoning for my absolutely awful Avril Lavigne pic,

It wasn't THAT bad.  I was meaning to ask, was the makeup smudged on purpose, or just "blurry"?

It's not like it was a Bagnu pic, or a Tammy Faye Baker RL picture..

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It wasn't THAT bad.  I was meaning to ask, was the makeup smudged on purpose, or just "blurry"?

Yeah, deliberate. Lavigne was "pop punk" back in those days (one of her first big hits was called "Sk8ter Boi"), and she affected that look. Probably legitimately.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's not like it was a Bagnu pic, or a Tammy Faye Baker RL picture..

Be kind!

To Sandor, who takes very good pics, not to Tammy Faye. You can be as mean about her as you want!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Forgot "Complicated." Yeesh.
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Be kind!

To Sandor, who takes very good pics,

I was being..complimentary. One pic of his wife (what's-her-name?) had smudged mascara as if she had been abused and/or crying. I was affected deeply by it!

53 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

not to Tammy Faye. You can be as mean about her as you want!

She was seen as a more "sympathetic figure" later in life (due to Jim's shenanigans, etc.), in part because she became a "Gay Icon" for calling out anti-gay Christians! (I couldn't bring myself to watch "The Eyes of Tammy Faye", though)

• Like 4

On 2/20/2024 at 8:01 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Demsteader-3-(Blonde)-(SM)-Blank.png

Dear Scylla would you explain us your steps from the regular shooting and then step by step your work to the end of this pic? Do you use Adobe? Filter presets? It would be interesting to see the several steps from the beginning to the end of your work. 

Kindest regards Manu

Edited by Manu Mysterious
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Manu Mysterious said:

Dear Scylla would you explain us your steps from the regular shooting and then step by step your work to the end of this pic? Do you use Adobe? Filter presets? It would be interesting to see the several steps from the beginning to the end of your work. 

Kindest regards Manu

Eek!

Yes, I'd be happy to it, but it will be lengthy, so I'll create a new thread for it in the Creation forum so that it doesn't take up space and distract here!

ETA: Here you go! I'm pretty sure you're going to be sorry you asked!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3