Jump to content

How does your avatar look today ?


Nostoll

Recommended Posts

In portrait mode 🤔 For my return to SL after a long break, I put together this look with some retro-style freebies, and I'm quite pleased with the outcome. I have a feeling it'll become a frequently worn look.

portrait.png

Edited by Anaryane
  • Like 26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

In the desperate and probably forlorn hope of atoning for my absolutely awful Avril Lavigne pic,

It wasn't THAT bad.  I was meaning to ask, was the makeup smudged on purpose, or just "blurry"?

It's not like it was a Bagnu pic, or a Tammy Faye Baker RL picture..

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It wasn't THAT bad.  I was meaning to ask, was the makeup smudged on purpose, or just "blurry"?

Yeah, deliberate. Lavigne was "pop punk" back in those days (one of her first big hits was called "Sk8ter Boi"), and she affected that look. Probably legitimately.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's not like it was a Bagnu pic, or a Tammy Faye Baker RL picture..

Be kind!

To Sandor, who takes very good pics, not to Tammy Faye. You can be as mean about her as you want!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Forgot "Complicated." Yeesh.
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Be kind!

To Sandor, who takes very good pics,

I was being..complimentary. One pic of his wife (what's-her-name?) had smudged mascara as if she had been abused and/or crying. I was affected deeply by it!

53 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

not to Tammy Faye. You can be as mean about her as you want!

She was seen as a more "sympathetic figure" later in life (due to Jim's shenanigans, etc.), in part because she became a "Gay Icon" for calling out anti-gay Christians! (I couldn't bring myself to watch "The Eyes of Tammy Faye", though)

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2024 at 8:01 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Demsteader-3-(Blonde)-(SM)-Blank.png

Dear Scylla would you explain us your steps from the regular shooting and then step by step your work to the end of this pic? Do you use Adobe? Filter presets? It would be interesting to see the several steps from the beginning to the end of your work. 

Kindest regards Manu

 

Edited by Manu Mysterious
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Manu Mysterious said:

Dear Scylla would you explain us your steps from the regular shooting and then step by step your work to the end of this pic? Do you use Adobe? Filter presets? It would be interesting to see the several steps from the beginning to the end of your work. 

Kindest regards Manu

 

Eek!

Yes, I'd be happy to it, but it will be lengthy, so I'll create a new thread for it in the Creation forum so that it doesn't take up space and distract here!

ETA: Here you go! I'm pretty sure you're going to be sorry you asked!

 

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...